Author Topic: Jiffy Lube Live  (Read 61821 times)

Got Haggis?

Jiffy Lube Live
« on: January 11, 2010, 09:43:59 pm »
Nissan Pavilion will now be known as Jiffy Lube Live..... hahha, what a terrible name.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/midnight_sun/blog/2010/01/nissan_pavilion_is_now_jiffy_l.html

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
Re: Jiffy Lube Live
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 09:50:10 pm »
We've discussed this at length in the last few days.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:20:30 pm »
ahh somehow i missed that conversation

ggw

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2011, 11:19:03 pm »
New and Lubier Policies for 2011:

No Tailgating!!! 
Parking Lots Won't Open until 1 Hour Before Show!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/jiffy-lube-live-bans-tailgating/2011/05/16/AFaL9C5G_story.html

DotTheEyes

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 01:33:00 am »
Ugh.

I couldn't care less about tailgating, but the parking lot change sounds disastrous.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 02:10:46 am »
... but the parking lot change sounds disastrous.

I agree!

Will be interesting to see how this affects general traffic in the area and the ability for the audience to get in before the show starts.

Wonder how many accidents this will inadvertently cause due to the congestion? Maybe even impede emergencies trying to get to the hospital and such. Sometimes I wonder about the logic of those who come up with this stuff when looking at the big picture. If anything, it seems they should provide a few food vendors to provide a little lite fare for those rushing from work without dinner. They don't have to sell alcohol but water and soft drinks would be nice. Make a little money and stagger the traffic which should benefit the entire community.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 07:23:00 am »
this venue is a perfect example of why No Va sucks, I mean objectively speaking -- they just build stuff with no thought as to how people will get there.   Everyone knew this venue would be a nightmare to get to even when it was still on the drawing board, and it's also a nightmare for anyone else who happens to be traveling in the area, and years later it is apparently no better.
_\|/_

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 07:51:00 am »
?It?s probably going to be an issue for the first concert or two,? Chinn said.

I bet.

No thanks.

Mobius

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 09:32:16 am »
Mission accomplished.  No way those Toby Keith, Jimmy Buffett and Lil Wayne fans are going to figure out how to get under the influence now.  Although I'd go a step further and close the lots one hour AFTER the show too so that the thousands still sitting in their cars at a standstill in the lot, wondering why they haven't moved, who may try drinking to ward off suicidal thought or to try and salvage positive memories of the show, can't get on the road at all and endanger themselves and others.

fatskippy

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 09:54:29 am »
Great, one less reason to travel to NoVa.  Now if they could only move DCA.

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:29 am »
now . . . if we could just make merriweather go away, this area would be in business.

eltee

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 10:57:58 am »
agree, Lube/Nissan is horrible all around. If you haven't been there, go - then comment with your experience.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 09:44:43 am by Zhivago »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 01:29:44 pm »
Nothing like a bunch of corporate hacks defending eliminating tailgating by standing behind reducing drunk driving. Like they'd give two fucking shits if their profits on beer and concession sales would have been up.

What a disaster of a fucking venue.

betao

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 02:05:24 pm »
The reasoning is so laughable: "We're trying to eliminate drunk driving after the show by eliminating the activities that go on before the show".

James Ford

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 02:23:18 pm »
You guys do realize that if you leave during the encore and have a fast set of walking legs, you can beat the crowd and not wait in the lot 3.5 hours, right?

I haven't been to Nissan, but that's certainly been the case with every other music shed/sporting venue I've been to.