Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242940 times)

Bagley

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3210 on: August 12, 2013, 10:42:22 am »
In my continuing quest to find the perfect IPA, I was turned on to Maine Beer's Lunch at the Georgetown Pizza Paradiso over the weekend.   Exquisite!

Yada

« Reply #3211 on: August 12, 2013, 11:19:22 am »
Oh hey if anybody lives out my way....Quench (in Colesville) is opening a craft beer bar with growler fills....

From their FB page:

As some of you know, we are getting ready to open a taproom at Quench! very soon. The taproom features a 25ft bar with a 20 tap draft system that will be dedicated to craft beer. The bar will also feature great wines from our extensive collection.

The icing on the cake however is our brand new, state of the art, counter pressure growler filling system. We are proud to announce that we are the first and only business in Montgomery County, and the 5th in all of Maryland, DC, and Virginia to have this system.

We will share the opening date with you just as soon as we are done polishing up! This should be around the 3rd week of August.

Our team is uber excited to host you :)

Nice... thanks for the info, will have to check that place out.

i am gay and i like cats

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3213 on: August 12, 2013, 01:29:58 pm »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/08/10/top-15-craft-beer-breweries-in-usa/2637493/?csp=travel

can't argue too much with that list.  i might not 100% agree but it's a solid list.  they did a nice job of choosing breweries that people can buy the products of, as opposed to a long list of small breweries that don't distribute beyond a very limited range. 
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #3214 on: August 12, 2013, 01:36:38 pm »
I drank plenty of Pliny the Elder over the past week and I have to say it's nippin' at the heels of Heady Topper...but Heady is still better.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3215 on: August 12, 2013, 01:47:45 pm »
I drank plenty of Pliny the Elder over the past week and I have to say it's nippin' at the heels of Heady Topper...but Heady is still better.

yeah, i still prefer HT but really at that point you're arguing about who is more perfect.  it's not a debate i'm willing to spend a lot of time on... they're both stellar.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3216 on: August 12, 2013, 01:50:43 pm »
<sig>

brennser

« Reply #3218 on: August 13, 2013, 09:43:51 am »
The  "A Rabbi, a Priest and a Minister Walk into a Bar..." at Granville Moore's was a great event last night was great (never been upstairs there, what a great space)
All the Omengang you could drink!

The Witt, Rare Vos, and Abbey Ale were very good
only got a small taste of Ommegang XV and that was really good.
Adoration was good, but nothing to write home about

I didn't really like the 3 Philosophers and Hennpin

But really the talk and the conversations that commenced after were really great.
I was pleasantly surprised a few Atheists showed up too, so I was not alone in my lack of god love
But I love some good tales about beer, so you can't go too far back and it's dominated by the church.
There was lots of great quotes from the Talmud and beer (wine seems to dominate most quotes, but surprisingly there were lots of talk of beer too)

Of course the Rabbi had the best jokes...
slack

Bagley

« Reply #3219 on: August 13, 2013, 11:24:43 am »

The Holy Grail --- LUNCH ON TAP!

6:00 PM - The Maine Beer Company Draft Showcase - ChurchKey - 1337 14th Street NW
9 Maine Brews on Tap: Lunch, Nøgne Ø & Bluejacket Collabs + Much More
?Maine Beer & Bluejacket Collaboration Time II
?Maine Beer & Nøgne Ø Collaboration Time III
?Maine Beer Lunch
?Maine Beer Zoe
?Maine Beer King Titus
?Maine Beer MO
?Maine Beer Peeper
?Maine Beer Mean Old Tom
?Maine Beer Mean Old Tom (Nitro
- See more at: http://www.dcbeer.com/event/dc-beer-week-2013-tuesday-august-13-events#sthash.Xy1ryovg.dpuf

« Reply #3220 on: August 13, 2013, 01:22:47 pm »
6:00 PM - The Maine Beer Company Draft Showcase - ChurchKey - 1337 14th Street NW

I've been hearing great things about the Maine beer Co
but last time I tried to attend Church Key during a BeerWeek event...it was crazy packed and you couldn't even get a beer.
slack

stevewizzle

« Reply #3221 on: August 13, 2013, 02:33:20 pm »
i like me some ipas, and maine beer is definitely fantastic, but lunch... just does not do it for me. i'll be attending CK on thursday for bell's beer night, though.

may attend meridian pint's sour night tonight, but not feeling so hot. we'll see.

Yada

« Reply #3222 on: August 13, 2013, 02:43:00 pm »
i like me some ipas, and maine beer is definitely fantastic, but lunch... just does not do it for me. i'll be attending CK on thursday for bell's beer night, though.

may attend meridian pint's sour night tonight, but not feeling so hot. we'll see.

I agree... pretty average IMO.

James Ford

« Reply #3223 on: August 13, 2013, 02:53:29 pm »
I quite liked Lunch and Zoe, but found Mo to be pretty meh.

Though all of them are overpriced and not worth the price, imo.

atomicfront

« Reply #3224 on: August 13, 2013, 03:03:02 pm »
I quite liked Lunch and Zoe, but found Mo to be pretty meh.

Though all of them are overpriced and not worth the price, imo.

Is there a difference between overpriced and not worth the price?