Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242810 times)

hutch

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #4770 on: August 20, 2014, 07:45:16 pm »
I did save some of my can for my wife to drink later. But I *do* get home first, so i may have given myself the bigger half.

Actually, I'm on home vacation. I had a whole one for lunch all by myself yesterday!

You rebel!

Doesn't it lose the carbonation? Pardon my ignorance as I'm a rank amateur....

James Ford

« Reply #4771 on: August 20, 2014, 08:31:16 pm »
It would lose its carbonation over time, but i don't think an hour or two will make a big difference. This person experimented with the notion.

http://drinkcraftbeer.com/editorial/articles/how-long-will-an-open-bottle-of-beer-last.html

You were just in Florida, right? Hope you had some Cigar City when you were there!

I did save some of my can for my wife to drink later. But I *do* get home first, so i may have given myself the bigger half.

Actually, I'm on home vacation. I had a whole one for lunch all by myself yesterday!

You rebel!

Doesn't it lose the carbonation? Pardon my ignorance as I'm a rank amateur....
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:38:04 pm by James Ford »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4772 on: August 20, 2014, 11:18:14 pm »
I had a whole one for lunch all by myself yesterday!

i think it's time for an intervention.
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #4773 on: August 20, 2014, 11:26:03 pm »

BOOM!

hutch

« Reply #4774 on: August 20, 2014, 11:27:57 pm »

You were just in Florida, right? Hope you had some Cigar City when you were there!

ha! that is funny..with my dad and my in law?? you don't know these people do you?  not to mention the beer selection in miami beach is atrocious.... one day somebody needs to explain florida to me.

i was lucky to drink a few stellas my entire visit!

at least my uncle brought over some real nice champagne one night...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4775 on: August 21, 2014, 12:09:28 am »

POTW.
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #4776 on: August 21, 2014, 09:40:11 am »
I'll explain Florida, and let you explain your in-laws.  ;)

I was in South Beach a few years ago (realize that's not the same as Miami Beach) and drank Lagunitas, Stone, Oskar Blues, Cigar City, and others. While it wasn't Metro DC, it wasn't rural West Virginia either.

Tampa/St Petersburg actually has a thriving local beer scene, or so I've read.

http://thebrewerybay.com/

ha! that is funny..with my dad and my in law?? you don't know these people do you?  not to mention the beer selection in miami beach is atrocious.... one day somebody needs to explain florida to me.

James Ford

« Reply #4777 on: August 21, 2014, 09:41:32 am »
Or at least a bottle share.

That way I only have to drink one or two ounces at a time.  ;D

hutch

« Reply #4778 on: August 21, 2014, 09:55:47 am »

I was in South Beach a few years ago (realize that's not the same as Miami Beach) and drank Lagunitas, Stone, Oskar Blues, Cigar City, and others. While it wasn't Metro DC, it wasn't rural West Virginia either.

well i was very close to south beach.. 36th... and the one liquor store i went to was in south beach and they had jack diddly..

i'm sure there are places you can get good beer- obviously i didn't have the time to go on an expedition- but in general florida is a budweiser kind of place....

anyways...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4779 on: August 21, 2014, 10:05:06 am »
rural west Virginia, is hot.

James Ford

« Reply #4780 on: August 21, 2014, 10:17:10 am »
Yes, it is a beer wasteland up there as I recall (think i was up that way too). I found a couple of good beer bars downtown and a Whole Foods, but thoe were all south of you, I think.

well i was very close to south beach.. 36th... and the one liquor store i went to was in south beach and they had jack diddly..

i'm sure there are places you can get good beer- obviously i didn't have the time to go on an expedition- but in general florida is a budweiser kind of place....

anyways...

« Reply #4781 on: August 21, 2014, 11:33:21 am »
i'm sure there are places you can get good beer- obviously i didn't have the time to go on an expedition-

this from the guy who occasionally has this in his fridge
slack

hutch

« Reply #4782 on: August 21, 2014, 11:40:18 am »
i'm sure there are places you can get good beer- obviously i didn't have the time to go on an expedition-

this from the guy who occasionally has this in his fridge

I did not like it?

« Reply #4783 on: August 21, 2014, 11:47:45 am »
good...that was the right answer!
slack

Yada

« Reply #4784 on: August 21, 2014, 12:11:06 pm »
Best IPA in a can not called Heady Topper. Good lord does a fresh can of this tastes good.

Is this still available regularly at VA shops? I agree, definitely a top five can in my opinion and one of the highlights of visiting America's Wang.

Did you have a Wings yet?