Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242790 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7620 on: November 02, 2016, 11:01:43 am »
Interesting!..... Was that Saturday night?  I overheard someone a couple tables away  (2 dudes) complaining to the manager about their steak coming out too rare TWICE.  My complaint was that our server was not well informed on the draft  beer menu selections.  Not only what the particular beer was like but whether it was even available,  many of which were not. I actually filled out the comments card after the meal to reflect my concern.

No, this was last Friday... but our complaints were basically the same as above. I was really excited for this place, so I'm a bit bummed but may be best to just steer clear on really busy evenings like Friday/Saturday.

Space Freely

« Reply #7621 on: November 02, 2016, 12:00:17 pm »
Nothing beats a home cooked meal with retail store beer, or homebrew.

shemptiness

« Reply #7622 on: November 02, 2016, 12:21:00 pm »
Not crazy about pumpkin beer but had a Big Lizz at rar in Cambridge.  Butternut squash.  Yum.

Yada

« Reply #7623 on: November 02, 2016, 12:30:54 pm »
Nothing beats a home cooked meal with retail store beer, or homebrew.

lol

« Reply #7624 on: November 02, 2016, 03:23:48 pm »
Anthony Bourdain blasts the craft beer scene

I was in San Francisco, and I was desperate for beer, and I walked into this place...and I noticed there was a wide selection of beers I'd never heard of," said Bourdain,

"I don't need to know what's out of the f---ing hill, or who put the grapevines in, or that they were transplanted. I don't need this. I drank it already, dude"

"Which is fine...But I looked around: the entire place was filled with people sitting there with five small glasses in front of them, filled with different beers, taking notes.

"This is not a bar. This is f---ing Invasion of the Body Snatchers. This is wrong. This is not what a bar is about."

He added that the entire point of a bar is to "get a little bit buzzed" and not "sit there f---ing analyzing beer."

hmmm space...that seems to negate your 'I only drink 8oz of beer" in a sitting argument
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7625 on: November 02, 2016, 04:00:07 pm »
Anthony Bourdain blasts the craft beer scene

I was in San Francisco, and I was desperate for beer, and I walked into this place...and I noticed there was a wide selection of beers I'd never heard of," said Bourdain,

"I don't need to know what's out of the f---ing hill, or who put the grapevines in, or that they were transplanted. I don't need this. I drank it already, dude"

"Which is fine...But I looked around: the entire place was filled with people sitting there with five small glasses in front of them, filled with different beers, taking notes.

"This is not a bar. This is f---ing Invasion of the Body Snatchers. This is wrong. This is not what a bar is about."

He added that the entire point of a bar is to "get a little bit buzzed" and not "sit there f---ing analyzing beer."

hmmm space...that seems to negate your 'I only drink 8oz of beer" in a sitting argument

I'm not sure what you're getting at. I've never met this Bourdain guy, let alone had a drink with him. Though I see to remember that Sweetcell met him.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7626 on: November 02, 2016, 05:46:02 pm »
Having a Pagan Science, while listening to the album.

Yada

« Reply #7627 on: November 07, 2016, 11:40:15 am »
Aslin moves crowler pick ups to Thursday only for the foreseeable future.

Space Freely

« Reply #7628 on: November 07, 2016, 11:59:52 am »

So basically if you don't skip out of work prior to 3pm on a Thursday, you're SOL. Nice.

Yada

« Reply #7629 on: November 07, 2016, 12:04:59 pm »

So basically if you don't skip out of work prior to 3pm on a Thursday, you're SOL. Nice.

This doesn't really impact me as I never went on Saturdays either, but yea, pretty much screwed... and them being pretty vague about timelines for the brew house is lame. That could take months if not years.

Space Freely

« Reply #7630 on: November 07, 2016, 12:19:06 pm »
Well not to get all Spacey, but who cares? There are plenty of other great, cheaper options in the world. We pretty much *only* drank hoppy beers the last three days. Ranked in order of preference:

1. Lagunitas Born Yesterday (best new mass produced beer since ?)
2. Three Floyds Zombie Dust (last of a three month old case, but still damn good).
3. Ocelot Watch Me Disappear (growlers at Whole Foods notably cheaper than at brewery, this *might* be their best IPA)
4. Founders Harvest Ale (overpriced compared to #1 and #2 but still glad I picked up a four pack)
5. Lagunitas Sucks (still a fan, but its not quite as good as it used to me and it can't beat those above)

Tonight, Sierra Nevada Celebration.

Interesting that my two favorites are allegedly pale ales, and not IPA's.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #7631 on: November 07, 2016, 01:53:11 pm »
I like that Ocelot beer quite a bit. Planets Align is very good as well.

I saw Brown Sugga on the shelves last week. Love the stuff but I have a few bottles and crowlers to plow through before I pick up any of that.

hutch

« Reply #7632 on: November 07, 2016, 01:59:25 pm »
I drank another six pack of Lagunitas IPA this weekend.. its probably my go to beer right now.....

Yuengling update: still not missing it...

Space Freely

« Reply #7633 on: November 07, 2016, 02:02:31 pm »
I like that Ocelot beer quite a bit. Planets Align is very good as well.

I saw Brown Sugga on the shelves last week. Love the stuff but I have a few bottles and crowlers to plow through before I pick up any of that.

Ah, the Brown Shugga. Another great beer. Just can't get a six pack, have way too much beer already. Sigh. Maybe I'll get a single 12 oz bottle somewhere.

I like the Planets Align too, just not as big a fan of the Nelson Sauvin hop as I am of Citra.