Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242832 times)

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #7665 on: November 28, 2016, 10:23:02 am »
dog fish head -  beer for breakfast.  god awful, but I hate dark stout beer.  brewed with scrapple.  what?!

yeah...I was a little excited to try this and wasn't that great, wish I had only bought one and not a 6 pack

Has anyone tried World Wide Stout....they were selling 12oz bottle for $12 and it was really tipping the charts on the Space taste to price  to volume ratio
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7666 on: November 28, 2016, 10:31:24 am »
You gotta try it once but I found WWS to be pretty gross the one time I had it many years ago.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #7667 on: November 28, 2016, 11:01:59 am »
I liked the WWS the few times I had it, but had to split a bottle 4 ways. 

And yeah, Starr Hill is shite.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7668 on: November 29, 2016, 12:39:40 pm »
BCBSBW available at foggy bottom WF right now, about 16 bottles left.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7669 on: November 29, 2016, 12:45:19 pm »
BCBSBW available at foggy bottom WF right now, about 16 bottles left.

I wish you had posted when Coffee was available. That one got away from me again this year.

hutch

« Reply #7670 on: November 29, 2016, 12:48:16 pm »
Starr Hill is fuckin' gross.. I don't know that I've ever drank such a hideous beer.. all their beers too...

Space Freely

« Reply #7671 on: November 29, 2016, 12:56:15 pm »
Starr Hill is fuckin' gross.. I don't know that I've ever drank such a hideous beer.. all their beers too...

I agree based on what I've had.

I often get Starr Hill and Dominion confused. Both pretty bad.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7672 on: November 29, 2016, 01:03:44 pm »
They didn't get coffee. Dude told me they got one case of Rare, which was gone about 20 seconds after they brought it out.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #7673 on: November 29, 2016, 01:06:56 pm »
They didn't get coffee. Dude told me they got one case of Rare, which was gone about 20 seconds after they brought it out.

Somebody posted this yesterday on BA. Guess it doesn't matter now as it's gone if they ever got it.

1 coffee left @ wf foggy

Plenty of rare tho

« Reply #7674 on: November 29, 2016, 02:15:09 pm »

Somebody posted this yesterday on BA. Guess it doesn't matter now as it's gone if they ever got it.

1 coffee left @ wf foggy

Plenty of rare tho

thanks for the tip, but missed out...got a barleywine (there were a few more at cust serv)
but really wanted that coffee :( (or any of the stouts)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 02:17:00 pm by sidehatch 🛠|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|🚀 »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7675 on: November 29, 2016, 02:29:21 pm »

1 coffee left @ wf foggy

Plenty of rare tho

thanks for the tip, but missed out...got a barleywine (there were a few more at cust serv)
but really wanted that coffee :( (or any of the stouts)

You probably already follow the BA forums, but just in case, somebody posted this about 30 mins ago.

BCBS & variants dropped at Hop Cask & Barrel.. bring $$$

« Reply #7676 on: November 29, 2016, 03:52:16 pm »

You probably already follow the BA forums, but just in case, somebody posted this about 30 mins ago.

I don't ...as I'm really trying to to spend money
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #7677 on: November 29, 2016, 05:14:30 pm »

I don't ...as I'm really trying to to spend money

It was also posted the Cairo Liquors got some but 20 mins later is was posted that Coffee was gone.

Craft Beer Cellar is not getting ANY Bourbon County because they didn't sell enough Goose Island products.

walkie,talkie

« Reply #7678 on: November 29, 2016, 06:18:52 pm »
Just to ask, because I like to ask, is this stuff really worth all of that? I wonder in areas, meaning weird sections of the state where the brewery is located, can it just easily be found sitting on a shelf without any hoopla?   I have one bottle from last year that I was lucky enough to get but I've never tasted it or had it or ever will, so was just curious.

Unsanity

« Reply #7679 on: November 30, 2016, 04:51:24 am »
Just to ask, because I like to ask, is this stuff really worth all of that? I wonder in areas, meaning weird sections of the state where the brewery is located, can it just easily be found sitting on a shelf without any hoopla?   I have one bottle from last year that I was lucky enough to get but I've never tasted it or had it or ever will, so was just curious.

Its really good. Its thick and very alcoholic. It pairs well with vanilla ice cream (bourbon stout floats rule if you never tried one!). Last year they had some quality control issues with bacteria I do recall so be warned about that. I think the batches were smaller this year so it was flying off shelves. The Total Wine in Manassas sold out of the 2016 batch pretty quick on Black Friday but somehow brought out a few sixers of 2014 bottles the next day so I grabbed a few of them.