Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3242897 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10425 on: March 30, 2021, 07:50:02 am »
I have too many sour ipa's and fruited sours sitting in fridge, but if I needed some this would be good news... Hudson Valley Brewery now shipping to VA and DC. Not sure about MD.

I have never had their products, but I worship sours and sour ipas.  Maybe I will order one of each of their 4 packs, just to see.

Shipping:

$15 for two four packs
$20 for thee four packs
$20 for four four packs
$25 for five four packs

Four packs of sour IPA's are in the $20-$22 range.

Anybody want to split an order of four four packs of sour IPA's? Would come out to about $50 for eight cans.

« Reply #10426 on: March 30, 2021, 08:21:04 am »
Anybody want to split an order of four four packs of sour IPA's? Would come out to about $50 for eight cans.
and save $5...
Be different if you were neighbors or met up regularly (unless I'm left out of all the regular bordie meetups)
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10427 on: March 30, 2021, 08:40:45 am »
and save $5...
Be different if you were neighbors or met up regularly (unless I'm left out of all the regular bordie meetups)

For the record, my motivation is to try more beers without having to buy four of the same beer. I'd rather have four two packs than two four packs. The $5 saved would be lost in gas to get somewhere to meet.

« Reply #10428 on: March 30, 2021, 10:03:29 am »
The $5 saved would be lost in gas to get somewhere to meet.
not if you rode your bike ;)
slack

brennser

« Reply #10429 on: March 31, 2021, 03:21:46 pm »
I am headed to CA this weekend and NOLA next weekend and looking forward to checking out breweries in both places - in a COVID responsible manner of course

I will also be picking up some beer that has been accumulating for me on the West Coast for the past year including a 3L bottle of RR beatification

Yada

« Reply #10430 on: March 31, 2021, 04:19:56 pm »
including a 3L bottle of RR beatification

Sounds like the perfect bottle to pair with the 930 forum outing at Case de Brennser. 4oz pours for everyone!

Yada

« Reply #10431 on: March 31, 2021, 04:25:14 pm »
Nice little Ocelot drop tomorrow at DTC.

Space Freely

« Reply #10432 on: March 31, 2021, 04:54:03 pm »

Sounds like the perfect bottle to pair with the 930 forum outing at Case de Brennser. 4oz pours for everyone!

I'll bring the Unibroue and home blend of Founders beers!

We'll be in California in July. We'll be as far south as San Diego and as far north as San Luis Obispo/Paso Robles. Any must hit breweries (or wineries) in that geographic range? I'm not sure what will be open for in-person...and will probably only go to places that have outdoor areas.

brennser

« Reply #10433 on: March 31, 2021, 05:04:53 pm »

We'll be in California in July. We'll be as far south as San Diego and as far north as San Luis Obispo/Paso Robles. Any must hit breweries (or wineries) in that geographic range? I'm not sure what will be open for in-person...and will probably only go to places that have outdoor areas.

I'm not sure I have up to date suggestions for any of these places but here goes

Paso Robles - Firestone Walker
LA - Smog City (outdoor space), Monkish (outdoor space - personally I think they are way overrated), Mumford (not sure if outdoor space), Bottle Logic (not sure if outdoor).
San Diego - too many to name - don't know what's hot or even still open - Alesmith, Societe, Bottlecraft at Liberty Station for great draft selection and great food options
SanDiego

Space Freely

« Reply #10434 on: April 02, 2021, 11:05:42 am »

I'm not sure I have up to date suggestions for any of these places but here goes

Paso Robles - Firestone Walker
LA - Smog City (outdoor space), Monkish (outdoor space - personally I think they are way overrated), Mumford (not sure if outdoor space), Bottle Logic (not sure if outdoor).
San Diego - too many to name - don't know what's hot or even still open - Alesmith, Societe, Bottlecraft at Liberty Station for great draft selection and great food options
SanDiego

Thanks. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll make it to Orange County (Bottle Logic), and our vacation schedule makes Monkish iffy (depends on if they go back to seven days a week, if not maybe we'll be able to grab some cans the day we land). Staying for a couple nights in Santa Monica, not sure if we'll make it into LA proper (though my kid wants to selfie the Hollywood sign)

Case Agria is another one I'd like to hit that's actually on our driving route, but i don't think our schedule matches up.

There are multiple Firestone Walkers and Modern Times in our line of fire, so we'll hit those for sure.

I've been to some of the old San Diego County classics before, so looking for new blood. North Park looks like it might fit the bill. I think I went to Toronado SD in that neighborhood previously, but they closed.  I think we're also staying close to one of the Lost Abbey locations for a few days.

It's hard to plan a vacation in a state where so much is still closed.

vansmack

« Reply #10435 on: April 02, 2021, 11:18:33 am »

Absent a massive resurgence due to a variant, you will have very little to worry about come July.  LA and Orange County are already in the Orange Tier and San Diego will likely follow next week.  SLO might be a few more weeks.  We are attempting to open to 16+ for vaccines on April 15 (supply permitting) and unless Easter weekend goes very poorly, we should be in yellow throughout most of the state by mid-May.

I would plan for a nearly completely opened restaurant/bar scene for July and choose indoor vs outdoor based on your own personal comfort.

And follow this page: https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #10436 on: April 02, 2021, 11:20:47 am »
I am headed to CA this weekend

If you're in the Bay Area, you've got my number.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #10437 on: April 02, 2021, 11:26:42 am »

Absent a massive resurgence due to a variant, you will have very little to worry about come July.  LA and Orange County are already in the Orange Tier and San Diego will likely follow next week.  SLO might be a few more weeks.  We are attempting to open to 16+ for vaccines on April 15 (supply permitting) and unless Easter weekend goes very poorly, we should be in yellow throughout most of the state by mid-May.

I would plan for a nearly completely opened restaurant/bar scene for July and choose indoor vs outdoor based on your own personal comfort.

And follow this page: https://covid19.ca.gov/safer-economy/

Thanks. We've also got an adjustable amount of days planned for Yosemite. Some of the activities are just hikes we can drive to, but others are dependent on  COVID reopenings (as well as Mariposa Grove reopening, which is not COVID related.)

If Yosemite turns out to be too much of a shitshow, I may readjust the schedule and go as far north as Santa Cruz. In that case, it's good to hear that Highway 1 is scheduled to reopen in full on July 1 (regardless of what April Fools jokes may say.)

If

Yada

« Reply #10438 on: April 02, 2021, 11:50:30 am »
Who else was lucky enough to snag the Cantillon spring pack this morning?

Space Freely

« Reply #10439 on: April 02, 2021, 11:56:35 am »
Who else was lucky enough to snag the Cantillon spring pack this morning?

I did, but i traded it to Hutch for two Crazy Horse tickets.