Author Topic: Lollapalooza Lineup  (Read 68796 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Lollapalooza Lineup
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 05:04:02 pm »
Tool are rumored to be playing ;)
(_|_)

wml7

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 05:05:44 pm »
I still already booked my flight and hostel awhile ago, so lets hope for some awesome middle band lineup.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 05:27:34 pm »
I wonder when they'll start selling the early bird tickets ;)
(_|_)

wml7

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 05:34:52 pm »
The Golden tickets are the ones to get.  60 bucks for all three days.

MonkeyPants

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:51:25 pm »
Something about Jane's playing makes me think this will be the last Lolla...
PANTS

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:58:00 pm »
lolla has a contract/MOU/permissions slip/etc from chicago, keeping them in grant park through 2011.  they make money every year.  personally, i doubt they are planning this one as the last.
<sig>

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 11:00:00 pm »
Fuck the Beastie Boys, except for the fact they were secret characters in NBA JAM.

Weak headlining lineup, hope they make up for it with a solid indie lineup.

redsock

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 09:17:58 am »
And when do these golden tickets go on sale exactly?

The Golden tickets are the ones to get.  60 bucks for all three days.

azaghal1981

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 09:28:53 am »
They're typically thrown up without notice.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 09:44:34 am »
in case you've never tried getting golden tickets before, be aware that it is very very very hard to score them.  you need to be refreshing the site constantly, and they sell out in minutes.  the ticketing website also tends to crash.  i've lucked out and managed to get them twice now... but i'm obsessive that way.  YMMV.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2009, 11:00:17 am »
in case you've never tried getting golden tickets before, be aware that it is very very very hard to score them.  you need to be refreshing the site constantly, and they sell out in minutes.  the ticketing website also tends to crash.  i've lucked out and managed to get them twice now... but i'm obsessive that way.  YMMV.

oh stop, its not THAT hard. I have never known anyone who didnt log in within the first 20 minutes or so, get shut out of them.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2009, 11:22:41 am »
really?  then you and i hang out in different circles, then, 'cause i know/have heard from lots of people who got shut out or lost their orders due to server crashes - check out the lolla msg board for the usual moaning and bitching.  and i'm fairly confident that last year's presale didn't last 20 minutes, but maybe my memory is failing me.
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2009, 11:57:08 am »
uhhh last years golden tix did not last long. in 20 mins there was no way i was able to get them. and it is THAT hard. maybe youre just really lucky, but ive never had any luck.
HeyLa

sonickteam2

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2009, 12:32:46 pm »
really?  then you and i hang out in different circles, then, 'cause i know/have heard from lots of people who got shut out or lost their orders due to server crashes - check out the lolla msg board for the usual moaning and bitching.  and i'm fairly confident that last year's presale didn't last 20 minutes, but maybe my memory is failing me.

well, i know that in 2006 i logged on almost a full hour after the email and got them. I didnt even know about them either.    in 2007 i certainly dont remember refreshing and panicking.  I didnt go last year, but i can imagine that Radiohead playing made the tickets go that much faster. (as it did when they played Coachella)

none of this really matters anyway, but i am certainly FAR from lucky when it goes to getting hard to score tickets.