Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3245320 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #4845 on: September 12, 2014, 03:38:49 pm »
where i saw it, it was 13 a bottle.  too much?

stick to the soda pop and hot dogs, walky.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4846 on: September 12, 2014, 03:43:39 pm »
god, i love, hot dogs and soda pop

James Ford

« Reply #4847 on: September 17, 2014, 08:42:08 am »
Hmmm, Nats thread or beer thread?

Ain't no party like a gluten free malted sorghum beer party

https://twitter.com/dcsportsbog/status/512068983244460032/photo/1

James Ford

« Reply #4848 on: September 17, 2014, 10:32:06 am »
I'm not sure if this belongs in the beer thread or Vansmack's vanity thread...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/16/living/strip-club-microbrewery-eatocracy/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4849 on: September 18, 2014, 12:16:53 pm »
very slick website by DuClaw: http://www.duclaw.com/buildingthebeast/
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4850 on: September 18, 2014, 03:30:33 pm »
has anybody had this beer, that i saw, where the woman, behind the counter said was sought after and good, while i was snagging up all the founders double trouble she had.  god, i love, that beer, but know nothing bout this:

Yada

« Reply #4851 on: September 18, 2014, 03:47:55 pm »
has anybody had this beer, that i saw, where the woman, behind the counter said was sought after and good, while i was snagging up all the founders double trouble she had.  god, i love, that beer, but know nothing bout this:

Happy to hear you fell off the wagon, friend!

James Ford

« Reply #4852 on: September 18, 2014, 03:55:39 pm »
Sweetcell...have we had Even More Jesus at a bottleshare? I can't even remember.

This is my favorite Evil Twin beer, and one of my very favorite non-barrel aged stouts. Though they do make a barrel aged version of this, that I'm sure is amazing.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24300/80291/ (Imperial Biscotti Break)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #4853 on: September 18, 2014, 04:52:12 pm »

Happy to hear you fell off the wagon, friend!

it stands as a simple, step off, to scope the scenery.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4854 on: September 18, 2014, 06:05:57 pm »
Sweetcell...have we had Even More Jesus at a bottleshare? I can't even remember.

yup, i brought it to one at brensser's place.  we agreed that the EMJ was really sweet.  probably a solid dessert beer on its own, but didn't fit in with the slew of hoppy and funky beers we were having at the time.  the missus loved it.

This is my favorite Evil Twin beer, and one of my very favorite non-barrel aged stouts. Though they do make a barrel aged version of this, that I'm sure is amazing.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/24300/80291/ (Imperial Biscotti Break)

i have a bottle of bourbon-barrel aged IBB waiting for me in my in-law's basement in VT ;D
<sig>

imbecile

« Reply #4855 on: September 19, 2014, 09:26:12 am »
Speaking of whether this is Nats or Beer thread appropriate, I hadn't much kept up with the DC Breweries lately, other than popping out to DC Brau for Wings releases.  However, at a game last week, I went by the DC Brews stand at Nationals Park and got Southern Belle from 3 Stars. 

Holy crap.  Maybe it was the ballpark offerings lowering my standards or the lovely fall feel to the weather, but I was very pleasantly surprised by that beer.  One of the best things I've had in quite a while.  Fairly hefty Imperial brown, good roasty chocolate taste, delightful mouth feel.

It's available for fills at the brewery and I may find myself heading that way tomorrow to grab some.  Give it a try if you haven't had it yet.

Yada

« Reply #4856 on: September 19, 2014, 10:11:54 am »
Speaking of whether this is Nats or Beer thread appropriate, I hadn't much kept up with the DC Breweries lately, other than popping out to DC Brau for Wings releases.  However, at a game last week, I went by the DC Brews stand at Nationals Park and got Southern Belle from 3 Stars. 

Holy crap.  Maybe it was the ballpark offerings lowering my standards or the lovely fall feel to the weather, but I was very pleasantly surprised by that beer.  One of the best things I've had in quite a while.  Fairly hefty Imperial brown, good roasty chocolate taste, delightful mouth feel.

It's available for fills at the brewery and I may find myself heading that way tomorrow to grab some.  Give it a try if you haven't had it yet.

I concur. I'm a pretty big fan of most of their beer. I had the citra and lemon peel saison with oysters last night and it was quite delicious as well.

I was duped into going to Right Proper again last night, that beer is awful!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:17:28 am by Yada »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4857 on: September 19, 2014, 02:36:17 pm »
if you drink Natty Boh or Pabst, you support Putin.  you also have no taste in beer.

Pass the Brewski? Pabst Sold to Russian Company
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/business-news/pass-brewski-pabst-sold-russian-company-n207226

<sig>

« Reply #4858 on: September 19, 2014, 03:16:28 pm »
man that is a long list of shitty beers
but 20-30 years ago...that was local craft beer
slack

shemptiness

« Reply #4859 on: September 19, 2014, 03:18:23 pm »
Mr. Boh put food on our table for 39 years.  I sorta have a soft spot for the guy.