Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901704 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #2925 on: September 19, 2013, 03:36:55 pm »
This Charming Charlie.

Now I know how Joan of Arc felt.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2926 on: September 19, 2013, 03:56:12 pm »
i can buy a new phone.  i want a new phone.  you know that they control me.  i like samsung galaxy series, and i dont care what anybody says, should i wait for the sfouractive on sprint in like december i think they are saying, or is the sfour good enough now?  or do you recommend one of these dandies that sprint will allow me to buy:  moto x / htc one.  i know nothing of either two.  thank you sir vansmack.

vansmack

« Reply #2927 on: September 19, 2013, 07:56:43 pm »
i can buy a new phone.  i want a new phone.  you know that they control me.  i like samsung galaxy series, and i dont care what anybody says, should i wait for the sfouractive on sprint in like december i think they are saying, or is the sfour good enough now?  or do you recommend one of these dandies that sprint will allow me to buy:  moto x / htc one.  i know nothing of either two.  thank you sir vansmack.

If you've been fine with Touchwiz via the S2 or S3, there's no reason to not stay with it for the S4.

I actually find the S4 Active to be a pain in the ass for all the times it's "useful" - under water photos are cool, but the quality is terrible as a rule, so is it worth it to have a phone you can submerge to take photos IF you have to open a USB cover every time you want to charge it?  That would drive me completely insane.
27>34

« Reply #2928 on: September 20, 2013, 08:50:48 am »
so is it worth it to have a phone you can submerge to take photos IF you have to open a USB cover every time you want to charge it?  That would drive me completely insane.
there are plenty of wireless charger options for the S4
here's a nice one Wireless Charger from WIQIQi

My wife could have used one of these waterproof phones...her's took and unplanned dip last night
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 08:52:25 am by Sidehatch »
slack

Yada

« Reply #2929 on: September 20, 2013, 09:55:22 am »
I've had the S4 now for about four months and I already notice the lag time in things loading. Kinda lame.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2930 on: September 20, 2013, 10:34:15 am »
i'm still in love with my S4.

yada, how much crap do you have loaded on your phone?  maybe it's time to clean house...
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #2931 on: September 20, 2013, 10:55:36 am »
I had a smashed screen on my S3...sold it for $220 on ebay.  Ridiculous.  Now i'm back on the nexus 4.  I had one of these last year and the battery was for shit.  Must have had a lemon, cuz this new one is going all day like a champ.  Can't beat it for $250.

« Reply #2932 on: September 20, 2013, 11:20:53 am »
I've had the S4 now for about four months and I already notice the lag time in things loading. Kinda lame.

I'm in the same camp too...starting to be less responsive. Love the S4
slack

vansmack

« Reply #2933 on: September 20, 2013, 02:15:48 pm »
there are plenty of wireless charger options for the S4
here's a nice one Wireless Charger from WIQIQi

Would have been the easiest solution, yes.  But the S4 Active does not support Qi charging natively.

I have switched all of my chargers to Qi chargers (save for my car) for my Nexus 4 and I hope to never look back.  So much easier.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2934 on: September 20, 2013, 02:47:19 pm »
Now i'm back on the nexus 4.  I had one of these last year and the battery was for shit.  Must have had a lemon, cuz this new one is going all day like a champ.  Can't beat it for $250.

Yep, that's what I figured.  Actually, so did you:

My Nexus coulda been a lemon.  If i ever want to find out I can sell this boat and buy another new nexus and come out 150-200 bucks ahead  ;D
27>34

chaz

« Reply #2935 on: September 20, 2013, 03:18:20 pm »
Now i'm back on the nexus 4.  I had one of these last year and the battery was for shit.  Must have had a lemon, cuz this new one is going all day like a champ.  Can't beat it for $250.

Yep, that's what I figured.  Actually, so did you:

My Nexus coulda been a lemon.  If i ever want to find out I can sell this boat and buy another new nexus and come out 150-200 bucks ahead  ;D
As it functions now this is prob my favorite android device to date. 
Now i'm thinking of rooting it.  Never rooted a phone.  Can you point to an easy how to?  My add always kicks in when i'm thinking of rooting a phone...go here download this install that flash this.  blah blah blah.
I want to install this but need root:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.paranoid.touchcontrol&hl=en

Edit:  nm...we have a security policy on our exchange server that will probably make that app pointless anyway.  Policy was in testing and was about to delete it but found out it's a keeper and will be mass deployed soon....
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:24:42 pm by chaz »

vansmack

« Reply #2936 on: September 20, 2013, 03:34:18 pm »
Now i'm thinking of rooting it.  Never rooted a phone. 

Jellybean 4.3 is the first Google OS I haven't yet found a need to root.

I will see if there's a non root equivalent of touch to wake or "knock, knock" as LG calls it.  I suspect it's something we may see in Kit-Kat.

I also mentioned that I liked the Moto X's Bluetooth Bypass of the lock screen.  I've found an equivalent that does the same for Bluettoth and Wifi that I love:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock2&hl=en

It's called Delayed lock and is awesome for the in the car and at home, though your Exchange PIN requirement may also render this moot.   
27>34

chaz

« Reply #2937 on: September 20, 2013, 04:07:09 pm »
Now i'm thinking of rooting it.  Never rooted a phone. 

I also mentioned that I liked the Moto X's Bluetooth Bypass of the lock screen.  I've found an equivalent that does the same for Bluettoth and Wifi that I love:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.delayedlock2&hl=en

It's called Delayed lock and is awesome for the in the car and at home, though your Exchange PIN requirement may also render this moot.   
Got excited when reading about this, but see in the notes that it will not work if Exchange Policy requires a pin. 

I just remembered something else about my first N4...thing took forever to charge.  It was definitely bunk.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:11:27 pm by chaz »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2938 on: September 21, 2013, 09:04:25 am »

vansmack

27>34