Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901588 times)

hutch

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #3135 on: December 06, 2013, 12:29:21 pm »
George Steinbrenner rolls in his grave

shemptiness

« Reply #3136 on: December 06, 2013, 12:45:47 pm »
Seattle has to do something to get people to come watch them -  attendance has been abysmal.

Every deal though,  makes the Pujols and Hamilton deal look better though.

Prior to the Cano deal they only had $25M - $32M guaranteed from 2014-2019.  So they had money to spend.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #3137 on: December 06, 2013, 01:11:12 pm »
so from what i gather seattle had a 9/225 offer on the table that was already leagues beyond what ny was offering

then at the last minute they upped it to 10/240?

so they outbid themselves on an already ludicrous deal?

ridiculous. let's see how long this deal takes to backfire

hutch

« Reply #3138 on: December 07, 2013, 10:31:41 am »
Yankees get Beltran $45 million/3 years

not sure about any details but i think its a nice pickup

vansmack

« Reply #3139 on: December 07, 2013, 02:03:03 pm »
Yankees get Beltran $45 million/3 years

not sure about any details but i think its a nice pickup

That's a year too many for a 37 year old, but they Yankees don't care.
27>34

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #3140 on: December 07, 2013, 02:26:36 pm »
the yankees are gonna have a lot of old guys looking for time off by DHing over the next few years

vansmack

« Reply #3141 on: December 07, 2013, 05:41:59 pm »
the yankees are gonna have a lot of old guys looking for time off by DHing over the next few years

Yep.  Not sure I see the point of having Soriano and Beltran.  Jeter can't play a full season and I'm staying to think Teixiera can either.

I'm sure they'll deal Ichiro.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3142 on: December 09, 2013, 01:51:11 pm »
not as much as saf, i would wager

Someone at Sky Sports Jumped the gun here.  Or is it wishful thinking?

27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3143 on: December 10, 2013, 02:22:35 pm »
Maglio Ordoņez was elected Mayor of Sotillo

Even more interesting was it was announced by President Nicolas Maduro.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3144 on: December 10, 2013, 02:26:00 pm »
Per Keith Law, the Angels, White Sox and Diamondbacks are working on a three-way deal, with Trumbo going to Arizona, Tyler Skaggs and Hector Santiago going to Los Angeles, and Adam Eaton going to Chicago.

This would be a great deal for Anaheim - two young left handed starters for Trumbo would be fantastic.  I'm guessing there's prospects involved too, though.  I wish we could get Corbin back instead of Skaggs, but I'll take it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 02:34:50 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #3145 on: December 11, 2013, 05:33:19 pm »
conclusion: toymaker calls woopsies.

...but got all the attention they wanted.

This strategy is known as seeking forgiveness rather than permission.  I implore it often as it can be very successful.

I think toymaker won this one...

The Beastie Boys hate women:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beastie-boys-suing-toy-maker-for-girls-use-20131211

I think this is a matter of the band being upset that they were....out-"connived" is the only term that springs to mind.  "NO ONE plays a media feminist message like the Beasties!  NO ONE does faux/hip impowerment like the we do, yo!  One of us is poking Kathleen Hanna!  We were only being IRONIC when we wanted to call "License to Ill" "Don't be faggot".  Irony!  We identified mullets and created "Grand Royal!"

I've never seen an instance of "forever cool" artists trying to impose their will and forget it's not 1995.  Oh, wait.  When did Jay-Z last release a record?

Brian

P.S.  Pearl Jam released a shit record.  The Red Hot Chilli Peppers have never been less popular.  The Foo Fighters are in for a rude awakening when they come back and the Beastie Boys fake sincerety is fading quickly as they lose members quicker than the Beatles.  "Portlandia" needs to look into this ASAP.  Generation X is fading fast.  And yet they still feel the need to smuggly say how awful Nickelback and Buckcherry are:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10070584/greatest-hits-albums-nickelback-seether-buckcherry

Is "The Best of Buckcherry" REALLY that much worse than the last RHCP album?  I know which one has more stripper songs.....

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3146 on: December 11, 2013, 06:02:54 pm »
that rant gets a solid "A", mostly because of the impressive range.  "has more stripper songs" is a great closer.
<sig>

atomic

« Reply #3147 on: December 11, 2013, 06:58:39 pm »
conclusion: toymaker calls woopsies.

...but got all the attention they wanted.

This strategy is known as seeking forgiveness rather than permission.  I implore it often as it can be very successful.

I think toymaker won this one...

The Beastie Boys hate women:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/beastie-boys-suing-toy-maker-for-girls-use-20131211

I think this is a matter of the band being upset that they were....out-"connived" is the only term that springs to mind.  "NO ONE plays a media feminist message like the Beasties!  NO ONE does faux/hip impowerment like the we do, yo!  One of us is poking Kathleen Hanna!  We were only being IRONIC when we wanted to call "License to Ill" "Don't be faggot".  Irony!  We identified mullets and created "Grand Royal!"

I've never seen an instance of "forever cool" artists trying to impose their will and forget it's not 1995.  Oh, wait.  When did Jay-Z last release a record?

Brian

P.S.  Pearl Jam released a shit record.  The Red Hot Chilli Peppers have never been less popular.  The Foo Fighters are in for a rude awakening when they come back and the Beastie Boys fake sincerety is fading quickly as they lose members quicker than the Beatles.  "Portlandia" needs to look into this ASAP.  Generation X is fading fast.  And yet they still feel the need to smuggly say how awful Nickelback and Buckcherry are:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/10070584/greatest-hits-albums-nickelback-seether-buckcherry

Is "The Best of Buckcherry" REALLY that much worse than the last RHCP album?  I know which one has more stripper songs.....

Having participated RHCP's getting booed of the Ontario Theater stage as an opener I can truthfully assure that they have at least been more unpopulat than today.   But i don't know what you are rambling on about.  I am going to give you the title 'Angriest Poster Alive".

vansmack

« Reply #3148 on: December 12, 2013, 01:19:43 pm »
Not sure what Seattle is doing with Hart and Morrison deals.  Four softball players with no position in Hart, Morrison, Montero, and Smoak.  Can only play one at DH, one other will hurt you at 1B, and the other two will kill you in the outfield.
27>34

vansmack

27>34