Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1901701 times)

vansmack

Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #4005 on: April 25, 2016, 03:27:24 pm »
I had the joy of riding in one of these recently.  It was excellent.

http://www.lexus.com/models/RX-hybrid

Interestingly, I looked at that, but one can get better highway gas mileage (90% of my driving) out of non-hybrid versions of similar speced SUVs (BMW x1, for example, which is $20k cheaper).

Still on the list though.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:36:16 pm by vansmack »
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4006 on: April 25, 2016, 03:30:55 pm »
so if they are buying them back...what are they going to do with all that inventory?

They haven't said, but that's why I'm taking the buyback either way.  They could very well fix it to meet non-CA standards and flood the market with them, thus killing any resale value even if I did love the car.
27>34

Yada

« Reply #4007 on: April 25, 2016, 03:43:17 pm »
Hey... is this the thread where we weigh the pros vs. cons of minivan vs. oversized SUV? That's the advice I need right now.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:50:28 pm by Yada »

« Reply #4008 on: April 25, 2016, 03:47:28 pm »
so if they are buying them back...what are they going to do with all that inventory?

They haven't said, but that's why I'm taking the buyback either way.  They could very well fix it to meet non-CA standards and flood the market with them, thus killing any resale value even if I did love the car.
that's what I'm hoping for (they fix it, but you can get these nice rides on the cheap)
slack

« Reply #4009 on: April 25, 2016, 03:48:35 pm »
Hey... is this the thread where we way the pros vs. cons of minivan vs. oversized SUV? That's the advice I need right now.
Mazda Cx9 has done us well (three rows of seats if needed), but doesn't look like a mini van
slack

Yada

« Reply #4010 on: April 25, 2016, 03:52:51 pm »
Hey... is this the thread where we way the pros vs. cons of minivan vs. oversized SUV? That's the advice I need right now.
Mazda Cx9 has done us well (three rows of seats if needed), but doesn't look like a mini van

The issue we're running into with the smaller third row SUVs is that when that last row is up, there is basically ZERO storage space. I guess we could get a roof rack? Two kids, two adults, one dog, luggage/stuff/strollers/whatever... That Odyssey is looking better and better.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4011 on: April 25, 2016, 04:58:00 pm »

The issue we're running into with the smaller third row SUVs is that when that last row is up, there is basically ZERO storage space. 

we recently got as Mazda 5 with sports package... doesn't totally look like a minivan, but let's face it it's a minivan.  we couldn't bring ourselves to get an SUV (high pollution or high cost), nor a full-size minivan.  so we settled for a pretty-much-but-not-entirely-a-minivan.  happy with it so far, but yeah the trunk in about a foot deep when the third row is up.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:13:22 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #4012 on: April 25, 2016, 05:08:34 pm »

The issue we're running into with the smaller third row SUVs is that when that last row is up, there is basically ZERO storage space. 

we recently got as Mazda 5 with sports package... doesn't totally look like a minivan, but let's face it it's a minivan.  we couldn't bring ourselves to get an SUV (high pollution or high cost), nor a full-size minivan.  so we settled for a pretty-much-but-not-entirely-a-minivan.  happy with it so far, but yeah the truck in about a foot deep when the third row is up.
[/quote]

i like it!! We're in the very early stages (could be close to 9 months before we even pull the trigger) but I like that style... that's kind of what the 2017 Honda Odyssey looks like (maybe a bit bigger).

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4013 on: April 25, 2016, 06:14:47 pm »
i'm positive that smackie is thrilled that we've turned his thread into the minivan thread.

i like it!! We're in the very early stages (could be close to 9 months before we even pull the trigger)

lol... actively making plans for the future, are we ;D
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4014 on: April 25, 2016, 06:49:53 pm »
We've had the sienna and the odyssey.  Honda wins by a hair.

vansmack

« Reply #4015 on: April 25, 2016, 07:18:49 pm »
The issue we're running into with the smaller third row SUVs is that when that last row is up, there is basically ZERO storage space. I guess we could get a roof rack? Two kids, two adults, one dog, luggage/stuff/strollers/whatever... That Odyssey is looking better and better.

The Discovery Sport Third Row option tucks under the second row seats. That's pretty slick.

My problem with third row seats is that you always end of driving because everybody fits in one car.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4016 on: April 25, 2016, 07:23:29 pm »
i'm positive that smackie is thrilled that we've turned his thread into the minivan thread.

Smackie loves community in his thread, but yeah, there's no way in hell Smackie ever owns a mini van.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4017 on: April 25, 2016, 08:21:44 pm »
^ famous last words... just you wait, sir.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #4018 on: April 26, 2016, 09:33:49 am »

i like it!! We're in the very early stages (could be close to 9 months before we even pull the trigger)

lol... actively making plans for the future, are we ;D

heh... we actually only have about 90 days (but who's counting) until that happens... more or less timing around when a current lease ends (spare me the details of why a lease is bad Space) and when my wife is due for a new hot rod.