Author Topic: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...  (Read 1900946 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Things Smackie Thinks You Need to Know...
« Reply #4125 on: July 21, 2016, 10:30:33 am »
When the whole thing auto-renews at 2 years, you'll be paying $200 easily.
If you aren't calling your cable company every 12 months and loudly and belligerently repackaging your services, you are leaving hundreds of dollars on the table.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #4126 on: July 21, 2016, 10:34:51 am »
If you aren't calling your cable company every 12 months and loudly and belligerently repackaging your services, you are leaving hundreds of dollars on the table.

trato de negociar pero me cuesta mucho.. necesito mi cable!

« Reply #4127 on: July 21, 2016, 10:48:11 am »

trato de negociar pero me cuesta mucho.. necesito mi cable!
Yo soy a tener una mochilla de color a la manana, baja la Dios! Mi sacapuntas es peligrosa y puede cortar. Le deseo la mejor astronauta capitán en su búsqueda para el cable barato para la gloria de su familia fina!
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4128 on: July 21, 2016, 11:09:38 am »
Well said.

« Reply #4129 on: July 21, 2016, 11:10:44 am »
Well said.
Julian's America, knows, no language barrier.
LVMH

hutch

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4131 on: July 21, 2016, 12:49:48 pm »
Well said.
Julian's America, knows, no language barrier.

as long as it is easily translatable into the language of money?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #4132 on: July 21, 2016, 01:24:48 pm »
My wife is telling me I need to step up and get the Verizon Triple Play Fios for $69 monthly for two years. I guess it includes landline+internet+cable.

Our current Verizon landline+internet monthly bill is $134.

Julian is right.  If you're not still on a new customer plan, then you need to call your TV/Internet provider and get a lower rate.  If it's not the plan your wife suggests, it's something.  These companies, like the phone companies that preceded them, survive on customer laziness.
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #4133 on: July 21, 2016, 04:16:30 pm »
Thanks for shaming me into doing this.  Got upgraded DVRs and modem and cut my bill by $40.

« Reply #4134 on: July 21, 2016, 04:23:00 pm »
Thanks for shaming me into doing this.  Got upgraded DVRs and modem and cut my bill by $40.
DVRs multiple? Really need to look at TiVo if you're doing multiple DVRs (if you're doing 3 DVRs and not moving to a TiVo Roamio/Bolt + 2 TiVo minis, I hope you die bankrupt).

Also purchase that exact same modem on eBay and return the one they're sending you immediately and stop paying $10-12/month to rent a PoS cable modem.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #4135 on: July 21, 2016, 04:38:14 pm »
i need to give Verizon Fios a call and ask for their retention dept...

what's your fav opening line?  do you go in all hardball, or do you try winning them over?
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #4136 on: July 21, 2016, 04:38:26 pm »
I upgraded to Fios Quantum.  Not sure what the new setup will be.  I currently have a multi-room DVR.  They claim you can have DVR-like control of up to 10 TVs.

And you're probably right about the modem.

« Reply #4137 on: July 21, 2016, 04:45:01 pm »
i need to give Verizon Fios a call and ask for their retention dept...

what's your fav opening line?  do you go in all hardball, or do you try winning them over?
I'm specialized at Comcast and I ask to speak to "retention department" to "discuss repackaging my services." They will then transfer you and you will be given the option of 1-2 terrible packages. Immediately declare both "totally unacceptable" and ask to speak to "premiere customer support" which will get you a second transfer to someone who can offer you (worst case scenario) a new customer package and (best case scenario) will wipe out the HD-upcharge fee in exchange for a new 12 month contract.

Doing that, plus setting reminders in my phone for the very day my rate runs out the next year, plus all customer owned equipment and the discounts (and now REBATES per the FCC) has me paying ~$112 everything inclusive for the largest HD package (plus all sports + HBO/Showtime/Cinemax/Starz) + 115/50 internet and its less than an hour on the phone annually.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #4138 on: July 21, 2016, 05:30:24 pm »
Also purchase that exact same modem on eBay and return the one they're sending you immediately and stop paying $10-12/month to rent a PoS cable modem.

Verizon is a little more tricky than Cable Modems.

FIOS doesn't use modems, they use routers, so search for an older Verizon FIOS Router, turn off that device's WiFi and purchase a solid WiFi router with the savings from your monthly rental fee.  Because it looks like you have FIOS-TV as well, you need the Actiontec or Quantum router to deliver data to your other STBs.  I haven't done one in a while, but the ActionTech Rev I was the inexpensive and available model, especially with wireless G (hence why I said turn it off and use your own WAP).
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4139 on: July 21, 2016, 05:33:08 pm »
I upgraded to Fios Quantum.  Not sure what the new setup will be.  I currently have a multi-room DVR.  They claim you can have DVR-like control of up to 10 TVs.

You have one DVR shared to all other STB's.  AT&T, FIOS, DirecTV and Dish all utilize this setup.  TiVo is only necessary for those that use cable and wish to have the same share feature.

a TiVo Roamio/Bolt + 2 TiVo minis, I hope you die bankrupt).

TiVo people talking about others being bankrupt still cracks me up.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:36:55 pm by vansmack »
27>34