Author Topic: post-2022 - deplorables in disarray thread  (Read 121609 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: post-2022 - deplorables in disarray thread
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2023, 07:09:39 pm »
bertations

« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2023, 09:33:34 pm »
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #183 on: July 31, 2023, 05:31:26 pm »
What a pathetic party...these Republicans.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #184 on: July 31, 2023, 07:26:31 pm »
Who brought the onion dip?

nkotb

« Reply #185 on: July 31, 2023, 07:43:40 pm »
I'm surprised anyone is surprised Trump will likely run away with it.  Outside of him dying, I don't know what stops him.  Which I can't say I mind...Trump is an absolutely loathsome scumbag and deserves every bad thing that could happen to a person, but DeSantis is pure evil...that could would be so much worse, because he actually believes in the vile shit he does.

hutch

« Reply #186 on: July 31, 2023, 10:08:36 pm »
Not really surprised but still hard to accept

I said - on here- that Trump was going to crush Desantis but I did think someone would put up a token resistance

And that was dozens of indictments ago

I guess it’s still early

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #187 on: August 01, 2023, 02:35:48 am »
Trump is an absolutely loathsome scumbag and deserves every bad thing that could happen to a person, but DeSantis is pure evil...that could would be so much worse, because he actually believes in the vile shit he does.

the problem with desantis is that he has a plan (a horrible one) and he's competent.  trump's lack of those two things is the only reason we got through his presidency. 
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2023, 08:50:55 am »
Trump is an absolutely loathsome scumbag and deserves every bad thing that could happen to a person, but DeSantis is pure evil...that could would be so much worse, because he actually believes in the vile shit he does.

the problem with desantis is that he has a plan (a horrible one) and he's competent.  trump's lack of those two things is the only reason we got through his presidency.

Sure, he has a plan. But less Americans will vote for him then non-plan Trump.

nkotb

« Reply #189 on: August 01, 2023, 09:14:52 am »
Agree, sweetcell, though i will say the other benefit of Trump was he was hated because he really was a political outside, and it actually gave Dems a (slight) urgency to oppose him.  DeSantis is at least a politician, and if there's one things Dems love, it's being ok with horrific policies from the other side of the aisle because, as bad as they might be, that's just how politics works! At least with Trump they could pretend he was some outlying force of bad.

And yeah, Space, I think DeSantis is just too focused on shit that only internet weirdos care about, and is making that his entire platform.  Not to mention he's a really off-putting freak

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #190 on: August 01, 2023, 09:30:48 am »
Perhaps DeSantis is just (1) a one-issue candidate and (2) was the beneficiary of a disgustingly weak Democratic slate of candidates in the 2022 midterms.

People liked DeSantis’ COVID view. That issue is, for the most part, over.
LVMH

nkotb

« Reply #191 on: August 01, 2023, 09:44:29 am »
It's also weird to have essentially ridden Trump's coat tails and spend years trying to be Trump and then making a case that you should be the nominee over Trump.  Like, they can't even hit him for losing the last election, because they all went in on saying he didn't lol

Space Freely

« Reply #192 on: August 02, 2023, 09:29:45 am »
https://twitter.com/WesleyHuntTX/status/1686524579697598464?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Imagine serving in combat as I did, fighting for American ideals, and giving an oath that meant you might lose your life in defense of our Constitution, only to witness the complete subversion of that Constitution just a few years later by the very Administration now holding power.

Imagine witnessing a nation built on the promise of freedom trying to take that freedom away from a man who sacrificed everything to rebuild the United States we once knew. 

Imagine knowing that the next election is a choice between re-electing an American President willing to give his freedom to save our nation or watching that man be imprisoned by a regime so corrupt we’ve run out of whistleblowers to describe the corruption.

The endless indictments of Trump are really an indictment of a free society, an indictment on the American spirit, an indictment of YOU. 

Donald Trump is symbol of resistance for every man and woman who believe in a free society, a strong independent nation, secure borders, secure communities, a strong economy, and an America that resembles the nation we want our children to inherit. 

This political war that Biden has waged by weaponizing the most powerful levers of justice is doing irreparable harm to the United States.

But fear not America, Trump will be our nominee.

nkotb

« Reply #193 on: August 02, 2023, 09:33:12 am »
Ah, man...I never thought of it like that before

an indictment of YOU. 

Space Freely

« Reply #194 on: August 02, 2023, 09:44:32 am »
Ah, man...I never thought of it like that before

an indictment of YOU. 

Well you're not a Congressman from Texas, like this guy is.