Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1303852 times)

eros

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #1470 on: July 06, 2015, 08:53:26 am »
sooooooooooo... who saw the foos/buddy/gary/heart/joan/shorty/etc.?

I was wondering if everyone here was too cool for such an event.  We had a great time under less than ideal conditions.

The sound was atrocious from where we were standing on the field (echo from the back PA bouncing back at you), the field was in terrible (and smelly) condition after the rain, and the lines for food were crazy long.  Luckily I never had to wait for a $10 beer.  Still, props to Seth and co for making it happen.

Joan Jett, LL Cool J, and Trouble Funk were excellent.  Glad to see Dave get back and still be able to deliver.  I still think it will be hard to endure an entire tour after an injury like that.
ʎɐʍou

« Reply #1471 on: July 06, 2015, 09:32:56 am »
Did love his GOT set up though

(I didn't go as I'm too cool :) )

slack

wml7

« Reply #1472 on: July 06, 2015, 10:38:43 am »
I was too cool and I went.  Sound was a little bit off for some of the performers like Heart and Joan Jett.  Maybe it was me but I was right in front on the left side and was having a hard time hearing the vocals for some of the performers.  Buddy Guy was awesome!  Whoever that kid he brought was great as well.  Foo Fighters put on a great show considering Dave was sitting down.  Quite different with him not running back and forth.  Check out my youtube.
 ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1473 on: July 06, 2015, 11:54:32 am »
<sig>

rich_WDC

« Reply #1474 on: July 06, 2015, 12:28:58 pm »
How did the show make up the 80-min break??   It didn't feel like sets were shorter.  I didn't check clock once Gary Clark Jr was on until Foos started.  And that seemed to be only like 20mins late, which coulda happened in any situation not only a huge rain delay.

I was amazed, too, at the quick turntable action from one artist to the next.  There was barely time to have any quick conversation with a friend, let alone go grab a beer, before the next band started.

« Reply #1475 on: July 06, 2015, 12:33:04 pm »

I was amazed, too, at the quick turntable action from one artist to the next.  There was barely time to have any quick conversation with a friend, let alone go grab a beer, before the next band started.
That's great IMO, biggest gripe with festivals.  30 mins between acts and they only play for 30
slack

eros

« Reply #1476 on: July 06, 2015, 01:26:24 pm »

Yeah, I forgot to mention that.  Best turnaround (literally) I've seen at festival-type of event.
ʎɐʍou

mekmad

« Reply #1477 on: July 06, 2015, 08:18:14 pm »
The Foo's could have shortened that video they were playing before their set and given the other bands more time.  Other than that..

« Reply #1478 on: July 06, 2015, 10:37:59 pm »
The Foo's could have shortened that video they were playing before their set and given the other bands more time.  Other than that..

it was the 20th anniversary show of the Foo's not a festival

So mekmad...what show did you use your 'free tix' for?
inquiring minds want to know
slack

mekmad

« Reply #1479 on: July 06, 2015, 10:51:46 pm »
It was a long ass video, probably at least 30 minutes.  Replaying a good chunk of that HBO show.

Haven't redeemed my free show yet, I think I have until October. 

Driveway

« Reply #1480 on: July 08, 2015, 12:19:11 pm »
Foo Fighters were great.  I hope they do make this into an annual shindig as Dave mentioned multiple times.  Hopefully the stadium can have some better ATM machines next year.  Otherwise, everything was pretty spiffy.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1481 on: July 08, 2015, 01:53:21 pm »

Yeah, I forgot to mention that.  Best turnaround (literally) I've seen at festival-type of event.

awesome to hear that they've figured this out.  the amount of time it takes to switch acts is ridiculous 99% of the time.  i get it that there are a lot of moving pieces, and you can't afford any mistakes, etc etc etc... but i see so many inefficiencies. 

put the gear on a rolling riser - set up in advance offstage, wheel on to stage when needed, plug in, then wheel away after the set, and tear down offstage while the next act starts their set on their equipment that was wheeled on from the opposite side. 

i wonder if the rain delay lit a fire under their asses and forced them to be efficient.
<sig>

mekmad

« Reply #1482 on: July 08, 2015, 04:28:09 pm »
I think they had a revolving stage, like a lazy susan.  The next band would setup on the other side and they'd rotate the stage.  I could be wrong, kinda was half paying attention to that part.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1483 on: July 08, 2015, 06:33:51 pm »
that's a pretty good solution too, if you have the space. 
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #1484 on: July 09, 2015, 03:19:31 pm »
mudhoney last night at black cat..show started way too early..other than that great time... even go to talk to arm for a while and get him to sign my green river lp...

the last mudhoney album, vanishing point, is great stuff....