Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1303770 times)

dyecraig

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2145 on: August 10, 2016, 02:07:03 pm »
you all sound grumpy like you have to go back to middle school next week.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2146 on: August 10, 2016, 02:08:19 pm »
If you imagine all Rhett posts coming from the Debbie Downer character on SNL and backdropped with that sad "you lost the pricing game" trombone sound from Price Is Right, it really adds a colour and flavour to his snark.
LVMH

bob72

« Reply #2147 on: August 10, 2016, 02:44:51 pm »
BUT DID DAVE GROHL MAKE AN APPEARANCE AND PLAY SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT!!!???
PENIS

vansmack

« Reply #2148 on: August 10, 2016, 02:49:44 pm »
but . . . was it, really him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQXti2zS1rg

Yeah, Def Leppard is doing the canned vocal thing. Check out the 2:20 mark. What's even the point?

How could you even contemplate mailing it in when your drummer gets up there every night with one arm? 
27>34

hutch

« Reply #2149 on: August 10, 2016, 03:14:47 pm »
Whateverhisnameisthisweek does make me grumpy.... sorry.

One of the cardinal rules should be not to make fun of people interested in show X or burst people's post-show bubble*

*except for SEAL

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2150 on: August 10, 2016, 03:18:15 pm »
BUT DID DAVE GROHL MAKE AN APPEARANCE AND PLAY SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT!!!???

Yes, it was great!

« Reply #2151 on: August 11, 2016, 08:50:13 am »
Drive Like Jehu is in the running for my best show of 2016. Probably the leader in the clubhouse at this point. Holy Moses.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2152 on: August 11, 2016, 08:55:15 am »
nice to hear!

we will want details of course....

« Reply #2153 on: August 11, 2016, 09:04:44 am »
I am not as long-winded of a concert reviewer as yourself. They played every song of Yank Crime, I'm almost certain, and probably 5-6 off self-titled. Very high energy, reminiscent to an old Trail Of Dead show as far as just general abuse of their gear. It was sloppy but just the right amount of sloppy.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #2154 on: August 11, 2016, 09:07:52 am »
I am not as long-winded of a concert reviewer as yourself. They played every song of Yank Crime, I'm almost certain, and probably 5-6 off self-titled. Very high energy, reminiscent to an old Trail Of Dead show as far as just general abuse of their gear. It was sloppy but just the right amount of sloppy.

nobody is as long-winded as myself...

Space Freely

« Reply #2155 on: August 11, 2016, 09:00:35 pm »
McCartney's show last night at Verizon was pretty fan-freakin'-tastic. Very happy that I had the chance to see him. Further proof that age does not dictate the quality and length of a show. Stunning that he was up there for 2 hours and 20 minutes for the main set. 2 hours 45 minutes total. Incredible.

I was incredibly impressed as well. It's hard to comprehend that a 74 year old guy can do this day in/day out.

I bet training for and running a marathon at that age is a lot harder.

Thanks for your contribution.

My apologies. Wasn't meaning to hurt anyone's feelings.  Also pretty sure Paul wouldn't give a rat's ass about what some idiot in the internet says about him.  ;)

hutch

« Reply #2156 on: August 11, 2016, 09:11:54 pm »
McCartney's show last night at Verizon was pretty fan-freakin'-tastic. Very happy that I had the chance to see him. Further proof that age does not dictate the quality and length of a show. Stunning that he was up there for 2 hours and 20 minutes for the main set. 2 hours 45 minutes total. Incredible.

I was incredibly impressed as well. It's hard to comprehend that a 74 year old guy can do this day in/day out.

My apologies. Wasn't meaning to hurt anyone's feelings.  Also pretty sure Paul wouldn't give a rat's ass about what some idiot in the internet says about him.  ;)

<beats head against wall>

the point is not what Paul thinks..but that people that had a good time at the show and where impressed don't need someone who wasn't even there coming on to be all negative about it..its a buzzkill..

but you don't get it and you never will...

Space Freely

« Reply #2157 on: August 11, 2016, 09:42:39 pm »

the point is not what Paul thinks..but that people that had a good time at the show and where impressed don't need someone who wasn't even there coming on to be all negative about it..its a buzzkill..

That's why my apology was directed to whomever's feelings might have been hurt, not to Paul. Reading comprehension, my dear Hitch.

hutch

« Reply #2158 on: August 11, 2016, 09:49:34 pm »

That's why my apology was directed to whomever's feelings might have been hurt, not to Paul. Reading comprehension, my dear Hitch.

I don't see it as a real apology due to the bit about Paul..

on behalf of those whose feelings may have been hurt i am forced to reject your apology...

and the name is Michael Hutchinson Jenks

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2159 on: August 12, 2016, 03:15:40 pm »
I was at the McCartney show as well, Faul was excellent as he has been at most of his shows I've seen.
And like him or not, 66 year old Springsteen still does it longer and better than most out there.