Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1303702 times)

Starsky

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3960 on: September 08, 2021, 12:06:20 pm »
You know damn well I think she is a looker so….

Space Freely

« Reply #3961 on: September 08, 2021, 01:48:33 pm »
Oh I assumed the wife didn’t go…

I think they're a package deal...

My wife is saving her concert energy to take my daughter to the Kesha show tonight. I went to MMJ with Vas Deferens. Vas and I mostly stood during MMJ, but there were times when we both sat for a spell.

My wife and I do have date night planned for Saturday night, dinner and the Durand Jones show. That should be fun.

Space Freely

« Reply #3962 on: September 08, 2021, 01:49:29 pm »
You know damn well I think she is a looker so….

Well she does know how to rock a cape better than Jim James, but I wouldn't necessarily call Brittany a looker.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3963 on: September 08, 2021, 01:59:27 pm »
wait, i thought hutch's "looker" comment was directed at space's wife? 

time to step up, space!
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #3964 on: September 08, 2021, 02:09:46 pm »

time to step up, space!

I married her, so it's obvious that I agree with Hutch. Now if I could just get her to wear a cape.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3965 on: September 08, 2021, 08:04:23 pm »
don't wanna hang with women and gays i see.

My wife is saving her concert energy to take my daughter to the Kesha show tonight.
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3966 on: September 08, 2021, 09:55:37 pm »

time to step up, space!

I married her, so it's obvious that I agree with Hutch.

but do you feel threatened?  per the latest update, hutch has 600 sqft of luxury living not too far away to offer... your move.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3967 on: September 09, 2021, 09:29:54 am »

time to step up, space!

I married her, so it's obvious that I agree with Hutch.

but do you feel threatened?  per the latest update, hutch has 600 sqft of luxury living not too far away to offer... your move.
To be fair, I believe he is already housing some youths from Baltimore, IIRC. Not trying to house shame -- because Lord knows this politically correct culture can't take it -- but adding Space to the mix might make things a little tight.
LVMH

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3968 on: September 10, 2021, 09:40:03 am »
waiting on the Foos banter from our attendees

Starsky

« Reply #3969 on: September 10, 2021, 10:15:56 am »
Am pretty cashed out…

Where I was people were very good about wearing masks which was great as I was a bit frazzled…my partner at home sort of freaked about me going to this show!

It didn’t feel too full…polite crowd other than the woman on second floor balcony raining beer

Just a typical solid Foo Fighters set

I got there about 8:20 and everyone seemed to be there…after 20 minutes standing I got bored and started yelling and making noise.. I got people around me going…2-3 minutes later they came on

Then they just did what they do…Dave being Dave…some of his typical patter…you know “we got A LOT of songs! I mean A LOT!”  Crowd was a little reserved but masks make it hard… Most people weren’t moving around too much

I started by left side food stand…well actually a bit behind it and to right…about halfway through show I got tired of my friend making a big deal about beer raining on him and moved all the way up to front left side….people there weren’t too thrilled about me showing up but there was plenty of space and 930 security dude by speaker was totally cool and I said a few words to people around me and they got the message to just keep enjoying show..of course my friend didn’t follow my lead for twenty minutes!!

Why do Foos have a keyboard player? I know Rami is great but you barely hear him

It was so great to be at the club… I had really missed the place… I had been worried about getting in and all this covid stuff but once I got there I felt super comfortable and everything was chill

I don’t think Scream would have worked with this crowd

From my vantage point I had a great view of owners box and Seth was having a great time..as everyone knows I am his number one fan so for me that’s fun… I think I got one of people in box confused with Jose Andres but unless Jose is like a rabid fan who knows all the words it wasn’t him…maybe it was the other owner of IMP.. at one point I think when talking about the new little 9:30 that would be opening next door Grohl looked up at Seth and recognized him..Seth demurred

At one point Dave pointed to second floor balcony over sound mixer and said that was his spot ..of course Dave used to hang at the old club so I think he was just taking creative license for his patter

I don’t have much to say in terms of the music…highly enjoyable meat and potatoes..I guess Taylor Hawkins sang a fun Somebody to love (such a great song) and Grohl took the drum chair…. And they did a Bee Gees tune which was fun…I liked it anyways….some of the Foos set was so heavy and loud.. I used ear plugs after 15 minutes but my right ear is still ringing

I cannot believe I typed this on a phone

Starsky

« Reply #3970 on: September 10, 2021, 10:25:40 am »
Oh yeah I never met Yada

After show hung around then walked back to my friends place around 16th and U..idea was to go to a bar… I know he would have kept drinking til stupid o’clock but I made a grown up decision and said goodbye..I had drank enough.. I had parked in a meter spot at 5:30 and car was there no ticket !

I had a few beers before show at this friends place which was cool cause he is moving out finally from this place he has rented since the mid 90s! I shit you not. So one last time at his place

Yada

« Reply #3971 on: September 10, 2021, 10:32:00 am »
Great recap Hutch and what I would imagine the show would've been like. Sounds like I definitely need to invest in one of those straw masks.

My attendance was similar to some of space's attendance at early 2000's broken social scene shows.

« Reply #3972 on: September 10, 2021, 11:41:55 am »
I had a few beers before show at this friends place which was cool cause he is moving out finally from this place he has rented since the mid 90s! I shit you not. So one last time at his place
Drinking before a concert? Will someone think of the children? - Space.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #3973 on: September 10, 2021, 11:47:07 am »
Drinking before a concert? Will someone think of the children? - Space.

« Reply #3974 on: September 10, 2021, 12:00:21 pm »
^^POTW

Someone fire up the Meme MEGATHREAD.
LVMH