Author Topic: This week rollcall  (Read 2676996 times)

hutch

Re: This week rollcall
« Reply #7650 on: September 17, 2015, 04:00:00 pm »
The band have been teasing that they're digging out older stuff they haven't played yet for this tour. I think we'll have some surprises.

when they haven't played the US since the early 90s who exactly wants surprises??? How many people will have actually ever seen them?

I saw Mark Gardener at Iota's in the mid 2000s....

I hope they play a ton from Going Blank Again; their masterwork....

I meant that earlier this year they've done some US shows and therefore we can expect some additions  to the setlists beyond what we've seen online. Personally, I'm hoping to hear "Nowhere". And no, after 25 years as a fan, I've never seen them. 

I mean I wouldn't mind Grasshopper but I'm not holding my breath...I think they the T5 setlist will pretty much be it...if we're lucky..we may get a few less given the lame-o DC crowd and potential attendance...T5 is a way bigger venue..

« Reply #7651 on: September 17, 2015, 04:37:13 pm »
they also sell high fidelity ones for $12 at the merch table

https://merch.930.com/merch/gift-cards--other-cool-things/earpeace-930-ear-plugs

does the club still sell earplugs?
these are the ones I'm bringing and make a cool key chain
slack

killsaly

« Reply #7652 on: September 20, 2015, 12:18:52 pm »
Saturday - Bombadillo @ Druid Hill Park (looking forward to whole event but especially: Big Freedia, Lower Dens, Celebration, Charles Feelgood, Arbouretum, Blacksage, Bond St District, Cex, Chiffon, Dai Burger, Normaling, Schwarz, TT the Artist)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2015, 04:36:32 pm by killsaly »

K8teebug

« Reply #7653 on: September 21, 2015, 08:48:00 am »
Sturgill Simpson Friday. Can't wait!!!

« Reply #7654 on: September 21, 2015, 09:29:56 am »
going Wednesday at the Lincoln
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #7655 on: September 21, 2015, 11:36:39 am »

and I'm really glad I decided to go to the friday night show in b'more. Would not have been able to get to the wednesday show with the pope.

walk,on,by

« Reply #7656 on: September 21, 2015, 11:38:00 am »
going to a show on sunday at Lincoln.  where is the best place to park around there?  any 24 hour garages?  god, I hate metro.

killsaly

« Reply #7657 on: September 21, 2015, 11:45:33 am »
Anbody else hitting up Bombadillo on Saturday? 

I am hoping the schedule comes out today...

« Reply #7658 on: September 21, 2015, 11:53:15 am »

and I'm really glad I decided to go to the friday night show in b'more. Would not have been able to get to the wednesday show with the pope.
I know the pope think is crimping my style as need to get there early with the whole seated GA thing
Can I tell you how much I hate that set up

Do people go in there and save like 6 seats with jackets
I can only imagine big cat-fights over it

I was all for this pope until he decided he was going to snarl up traffic in my town
slack

Vas Deferens

« Reply #7659 on: September 21, 2015, 12:00:40 pm »
just street parking , which is a challenge lately....I park near the 930 these days

going to a show on sunday at Lincoln.  where is the best place to park around there?  any 24 hour garages?  god, I hate metro.
(_|_)

« Reply #7660 on: September 21, 2015, 12:09:40 pm »
just street parking , which is a challenge lately....I park near the 930 these days

There are a few parking lots in that area
I don't know if they are 24 hour
there are a few by 18th and Columbia as well as one right on the corner of 14th and U

Street parking is next to impossible in that area depending on what time you get there
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #7661 on: September 21, 2015, 12:12:17 pm »
i,m just going to use some card points, and get a free night at a hotel.  I love to come into the city, go to one museum, have a nice dinner, and then go see my show.  I,m such, a tourist.  I take lots of photos too, including my food at dinner.

Yada

« Reply #7662 on: September 22, 2015, 08:39:50 am »

I know the pope think is crimping my style as need to get there early with the whole seated GA thing
Can I tell you how much I hate that set up

Do people go in there and save like 6 seats with jackets
I can only imagine big cat-fights over it

I was all for this pope until he decided he was going to snarl up traffic in my town

I agree... up with the assigned seats at The Lincoln, down with the GA.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #7663 on: September 24, 2015, 07:28:02 am »
How was the show? Did you get bored? I listened to him and all his songs sound the same (no variety)
I hope he didn't play more than an hour? Lol

(_|_)

killsaly

« Reply #7664 on: September 24, 2015, 11:24:36 am »
You are such a buzzkill.