Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2126930 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #6135 on: September 26, 2016, 02:13:58 pm »
The Mekons- Fear and Whiskey

vansmack

« Reply #6136 on: September 27, 2016, 10:32:52 pm »
27>34

hutch

« Reply #6137 on: September 28, 2016, 09:41:39 am »
Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series v 12.  18 discs of Classic outtakes... just picking songs at random right now

I came really close to buying it a couple of times, but held off.  Borrowing it now from a friend, and easing my way into it.  SOO many goodies.

yeah.. I've listened to a ton of bootlegs from that period..its sick.. I can't imagine 18 discs though...I wish I could have felt comfortable buying it..

I did buy Genuine Live 1966 20+ years ago and listened to those 8 discs through a couple of times.  Ultimately though I rarely, if ever, play them now.  That's why I held off on buying the 18 discs (aside from being wiser with my money these days).  I will listen to most of it once... and only once.  But I'm going to really enjoy it while I do.

yah many years ago i used to go to second coming records in NYC and pick up dylan boots by the armload... $20.98 apiece as I recall.. but they were my lifeline for a few years.. I was pretty obsessed...I love the acoustic sets from 66...

I really love the whole 1966 tour.  That point in Dylan's career was just such a pinnacle for me. It was going to see Bruce that almost convinced me to buy the giant 18 disc Dylan set.  I figured... for only $400 more I could have had the Dylan outtakes, and it put it in a lot of perspective.

wow speak of the devil.. i just preordered it on Amazon.. i usually resist these sets but couldn't do it this time... i think for $150 its a great deal actually..

Bob Dylan: The 1966 Live Recordings?a highly-collectible 36CD box set containing every known recording from the artist?s groundbreaking 1966 concert tours of the US, UK, Europe and Australia?will be released on Friday, November 11 by Columbia Records and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment. The 1966 Live Recordings commemorates, in stunning sonic vérité, the 50th anniversary of the electrifying live performances that would forever change the sound and direction of rock and pop music around the world.

hutch

« Reply #6138 on: September 29, 2016, 11:05:14 am »
Wes Montgomery- Boss Guitar

fits the weather nice...

Yada

« Reply #6139 on: September 29, 2016, 11:07:42 am »
Bob Dylan - Bootleg Series v 12.  18 discs of Classic outtakes... just picking songs at random right now

I came really close to buying it a couple of times, but held off.  Borrowing it now from a friend, and easing my way into it.  SOO many goodies.

yeah.. I've listened to a ton of bootlegs from that period..its sick.. I can't imagine 18 discs though...I wish I could have felt comfortable buying it..

I did buy Genuine Live 1966 20+ years ago and listened to those 8 discs through a couple of times.  Ultimately though I rarely, if ever, play them now.  That's why I held off on buying the 18 discs (aside from being wiser with my money these days).  I will listen to most of it once... and only once.  But I'm going to really enjoy it while I do.

yah many years ago i used to go to second coming records in NYC and pick up dylan boots by the armload... $20.98 apiece as I recall.. but they were my lifeline for a few years.. I was pretty obsessed...I love the acoustic sets from 66...

I really love the whole 1966 tour.  That point in Dylan's career was just such a pinnacle for me. It was going to see Bruce that almost convinced me to buy the giant 18 disc Dylan set.  I figured... for only $400 more I could have had the Dylan outtakes, and it put it in a lot of perspective.

wow speak of the devil.. i just preordered it on Amazon.. i usually resist these sets but couldn't do it this time... i think for $150 its a great deal actually..

Bob Dylan: The 1966 Live Recordings?a highly-collectible 36CD box set containing every known recording from the artist?s groundbreaking 1966 concert tours of the US, UK, Europe and Australia?will be released on Friday, November 11 by Columbia Records and Legacy Recordings, the catalog division of Sony Music Entertainment. The 1966 Live Recordings commemorates, in stunning sonic vérité, the 50th anniversary of the electrifying live performances that would forever change the sound and direction of rock and pop music around the world.

Congrats on the purchase of 36 of the same sets played over an over again, brah.

Speaking of Dylan, made the pilgrimage to the Big Pink last weekend, cool spot.... and met the current owner who was a hip dude.

hutch

« Reply #6140 on: September 29, 2016, 11:33:29 am »

Congrats on the purchase of 36 of the same sets played over an over again, brah.

Speaking of Dylan, made the pilgrimage to the Big Pink last weekend, cool spot.... and met the current owner who was a hip dude.

I've heard many of them... they're all different...the differences in performance are pretty big...particularly on the acoustic sets which are my favorites...

but 36 cds for $150 bucks.. the entire tour?

bargain of the century....shockingly cheap...I had to buy it right away.

martinrob

« Reply #6141 on: September 29, 2016, 01:05:53 pm »
Vintage Trouble.  They were featured on Austin City Limits with the Alabama Shakes.
If you missed the episode, I recommend that you check them out.  Unfortunately they are not touring at this time and by my research efforts, they have not played DC.  (that needs to change).

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365634284/

hutch

« Reply #6142 on: September 29, 2016, 01:20:34 pm »
Vintage Trouble.  They were featured on Austin City Limits with the Alabama Shakes.
If you missed the episode, I recommend that you check them out.  Unfortunately they are not touring at this time and by my research efforts, they have not played DC.  (that needs to change).

http://www.pbs.org/video/2365634284/

They have definitely played DC...I want to say at least three times... once at Howard.. at least twice at the Hamilton.. I think Kosmo is a fan

hutch

« Reply #6143 on: September 29, 2016, 01:23:16 pm »
they also played the Landmark Festival in 2015

so by my count they have played DC at least four times the past few years... wouldn't it be surprised if there was one more...

also opeend for the Who at Verizon in 2012.. .so they have played DC at least FIVE times the past few years...
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:25:08 pm by hutch »

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6144 on: September 29, 2016, 01:30:19 pm »
Fresh off that Pitchfork list of the 50 best ambient records, I've decided to spice up my at-work playlist. Currently listening to William Basinski's Disintegration Loops which I hadn't listened to in probably a year and man did I forget how good this LP is.
LVMH

gavroche

« Reply #6145 on: September 29, 2016, 06:51:58 pm »
I'm shocked at how cheap this is too.  I think it's a huge bargain.  The Pink Floyd set also interests me, but too much
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:53:47 pm by gavroche »

vansmack

« Reply #6146 on: September 29, 2016, 07:37:35 pm »
It's because CD's aren't worth anything.
27>34

martinrob

« Reply #6147 on: September 29, 2016, 11:15:53 pm »
Thank you for the Vintage past tour dates in DC.  I will be a bit more thorough wiith my searches in future.

hutch

« Reply #6148 on: September 30, 2016, 07:18:02 pm »
no prob

I guess this is an early 60s reissue of In Orbit!

cool session...

hutch

« Reply #6149 on: September 30, 2016, 08:43:56 pm »

I love Free. This album is new to me....a pickwick reissue. I bought it cause I never see this one around and its unplayed....and I wanted to listen to it...