Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1313945 times)

Space Freely

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #2250 on: September 29, 2016, 09:09:46 am »
NSF?: Zia is pretty hot bangin' that tambourine on her ass....
I remember they were playing 9:30 circa-2003 and RustyOrgan (I'm 99% sure it was RO) showed up and asked "does the chick take her top off during concerts still" and we properly fisked him. (Not that your comment was offensive, it just made me remember him doing that.)

So does she still take her top off at shows? If so, good for her!

Yada

« Reply #2251 on: September 29, 2016, 02:53:07 pm »
I had the best time at the Dandy Warhols show last night in Baltimore...

so much fun.. they're such great guys too...

did they like your pleated khakis?

hutch

« Reply #2252 on: September 29, 2016, 04:40:23 pm »

did they like your pleated khakis?

I found a new pair of pants.. I dont;' think they are pleated but will post later to make sure.

bearman🐻

« Reply #2253 on: September 29, 2016, 11:04:14 pm »
I think Luna is one of the truly great underrated bands. So very happy I caught the Birchmere show. GREAT audience too. That is all.

shemptiness

« Reply #2254 on: September 29, 2016, 11:37:57 pm »
I think Luna is one of the truly great underrated bands. So very happy I caught the Birchmere show. GREAT audience too. That is all.

Solid show.  My first time back at the Birchmere since seeing Steve Earle probably 25 years ago.  I don't get the allure of the place personally.   Like watching a show in a cafeteria.  And FCFS for tables blows.   

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2255 on: September 29, 2016, 11:53:35 pm »

Solid show.  My first time back at the Birchmere since seeing Steve Earle probably 25 years ago.  I don't get the allure of the place personally.   Like watching a show in a cafeteria.  And FCFS for tables blows.   
If you haven't been at Birchmere in 25 years, where have you been going for FOOD all this time!?
LVMH

bearman🐻

« Reply #2256 on: September 30, 2016, 08:38:36 am »
I kinda like the Birchmere. If you haven't been in 25 years, then that means you haven't been to the new one? The first time I went it was in another location. It was when I saw the Red House Painters on the "Rollercoaster" tour. God, what a performance that was.

As for Luna, Dean is one hell of a songwriter but underwhelming as a performer. What makes the band great is everyone else in it. And that's the magic of them. Sean Eden is one hell of a guitarist and I love watching that guy perform.

Kubacheck

« Reply #2257 on: September 30, 2016, 01:53:41 pm »

I must have seen you - there weren't many of us there.

you weren't that guy that tried to get in front of me? I had to administer a beat down... you probably heard me yelling at him...

I really respect the Dandys for putting on a full show given you have to wonder how many people even bought their tickets... when I picked up my tickets it looked like they had a few pages of comps.... they may have sold 300 if that?

I was surprised they went back to Ramshead Live.... The last time they played there a few years ago, the attendance was about the same as you're reporting for this show.... They definitely have a bigger fan base in DC than they do in Baltimore....

hutch

« Reply #2258 on: September 30, 2016, 01:59:01 pm »

you weren't that guy that tried to get in front of me? I had to administer a beat down... you probably heard me yelling at him...

I really respect the Dandys for putting on a full show given you have to wonder how many people even bought their tickets... when I picked up my tickets it looked like they had a few pages of comps.... they may have sold 300 if that?

I was surprised they went back to Ramshead Live.... The last time they played there a few years ago, the attendance was about the same as you're reporting for this show.... They definitely have a bigger fan base in DC than they do in Baltimore....

well.. there are a few things going on.. they probably still make some money.. .and they're probably driving south and wanted to stop for the night and might as well play.. i think their next show was cats cradle and they were coming from like Columbus.. so its a real bitch of a drive from Columbus to NC.. so they programmed in a stop knowing they would not make much money but hey its rock and roll..

that would be my guess...

it is probably a shame they could not program to play in the 930 club as they had already played in april....

having said all that, i just love shows like that.. i mean whats not to like? they closed the upstairs down and you get to see a band you like with only 300-400 people and the band gives it its all?

i thought it was an awesome time.  for me the less people the better. .i'm not one of those people that wants their band to be so huge they play arenas or stadiums.. those types of shows suck.. even the 930 when sold out is pretty annoying....

Kubacheck

« Reply #2259 on: September 30, 2016, 02:00:53 pm »

As you're the only boardie I've (knowingly) met, at the last Luna show (although I didn't know it at the time), I wondered if I'd see you last night.... Saw a guy I thought could've been you wearing a 930 T, but he said he wasn't a boardie..... anyway, yes, great show, sounded great as well.... "Hot Fucking Luna" guy was also back in attendance.... Also nice that the band had an organized table where they stuck around and signed stuff for everyone after the show....

Kubacheck

« Reply #2260 on: September 30, 2016, 02:08:32 pm »

well.. there are a few things going on.. they probably still make some money.. .and they're probably driving south and wanted to stop for the night and might as well play.. i think their next show was cats cradle and they were coming from like Columbus.. so its a real bitch of a drive from Columbus to NC.. so they programmed in a stop knowing they would not make much money but hey its rock and roll..

it is probably a shame they could not program to play in the 930 club as they had already played in april....

having said all that, i just love shows like that.. i mean whats not to like? they closed the upstairs down and you get to see a band you like with only 300-400 people and the band gives it its all?

i thought it was an awesome time.  for me the less people the better. .i'm not one of those people that wants their band to be so huge they play arenas or stadiums.. those types of shows suck.. even the 930 when sold out is pretty annoying....

Yeah, I guess it was a pit stop, I just remember so few people last time they played there, I figured they'd never play there again....I just sorta feel bad for the band when a show is severely undersold like that.... although for all I know, they're getting their money anyway... wish I could have made it, but was indisposed, luckily I'm seeing them next week in Nashville....

hutch

« Reply #2261 on: September 30, 2016, 03:13:13 pm »

Yeah, I guess it was a pit stop, I just remember so few people last time they played there, I figured they'd never play there again....I just sorta feel bad for the band when a show is severely undersold like that.... although for all I know, they're getting their money anyway... wish I could have made it, but was indisposed, luckily I'm seeing them next week in Nashville....

well I hear ya on feelin' bad but you got to put that aside and if the band can give its all in spite of that one should look at it like a golden opportunity to see them in a rare setting... and remember its not as if they should be hurting for money... Courtney sold the rights for bohemian like you to vodafone for like $1.5 million years ago and they've sold plenty of songs for commercials/products....  some shows are big earners and others not so much....

bob72

« Reply #2262 on: September 30, 2016, 11:46:01 pm »
Poster Children

PENIS

Relaxer

« Reply #2263 on: October 03, 2016, 09:29:31 am »
Kula Shaker put on a pretty damn killer show last night. I went in expecting little and walked out feeling great.
oword

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2264 on: October 03, 2016, 11:45:25 pm »
Green Day was stunning. More on that later.