Author Topic: Baltimore Orioles Questions  (Read 10726 times)

bkrome

Re: Baltimore Orioles Questions
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2008, 01:05:00 pm »
surprisingly the hot dogs are full size

plus you get all you can eat peanuts, popcorn, nachos, ice cream sandwiches and soda.

not a terrible deal. 40 dollars for a regular game. prices are increased for yankees and sox.

wml7

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2008, 01:32:00 pm »
Yeah it was more then 40 for sunday because it's the Sox.  I'm going to stuff some of those peanuts into my pockets for the home.

wml7

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2008, 01:33:00 pm »
Obesity at it's best.

K8teebug

« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 09:46:00 am »
It's easy to carry a cooler into the game with alot of food in it (as long as it's soft sided).  We go to a bunch of games every year, so we don't always buy food at the ballpark.

but, if you do, Hot dogs plus are the best dogs...on the ground level behind section 32.

The O's are scrappy this year...I love it.

Did anyone else see that their road uniforms next year will probably say "Baltimore"?  cool.

K8teebug

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 09:49:00 am »
As for parking, most of the lot stuff is ticket season holders, from what I've experienced.  If we don't have a parking pass, we usually park at the first mariner arena for 10 bucks.  (or drive to a light rail station)

wml7

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 11:04:00 am »
Well it was alright for the all you can eat tickets.  The seats weren't bad either in my opnion.  I don't think I'll do that all you can eat ticket again but it was an experience.  I paid 20 bucks for parking which I dont know if I got ripped off probably did as other lots are probably cheaper but didn't feel like drving around.  This was the lot that was right off the exit of 52.  Was it higher because it was the Red Sox???  Next thing to do is the nationals park.  Now I can ride the metro for that so don't have to worry about parking.  All in all decent experience for first time at Camden.

K8teebug

« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »
Yes.  Everything in b'more is more expensive for the stupid red sox.

wml7

« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »
Of course, great.

wml7

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 12:29:00 pm »
So anyone want to give me tips on the nationals ballpark?

sonickteam2

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 07:35:00 pm »
Originally posted by K8teebug:
  Yes.  Everything in b'more is more expensive for the stupid red sox.
i dont believe this is the Red Sox fault.  anyone who owns a business in Baltimore appreciates Boston and New York coming to town, you dont see 5000 people outside of pickles every Friday night do you?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2008, 08:57:00 am »
the stadium treats red sox / yankees fans better than orioles fans...its sad.

wml7

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 09:01:00 am »
Yeah, I tend to notice there was a crap load more red sox fans then orioles fans.  I thought that was funny.

K8teebug

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2008, 09:38:00 am »
Unfortunetly, because of the O's losing seasons, the fans just aren't coming out to the games.  It's sad.  

I grew up an O's fan and will stay an O's fan and continue to support the team...

Boston and the Yankees have had winning seasons, so they have a bunch of fair weather fan followers.  Not to mention that it's cheaper for their fans to come to B'more for the games, then to go to their own stadiums.

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2008, 09:47:00 am »
Even with $4 gas?

Not to mention that it's cheaper for their fans to come to B'more for the games, then to go to their own stadiums.

sonickteam2

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2008, 10:16:00 am »
Originally posted by Charlie Nakatestes,Japanese Golfer:
  Even with $4 gas?

Not to mention that it's cheaper for their fans to come to B'more for the games, then to go to their own stadiums.
[/b]
many of them are flying down. and have you checked out the prices of tickets to Fenway lately?  Perhaps for one game its more expensive to come here, but for 3, its getting close to even.  And besides, Fenway is a crap hole!!

As for "fair weather fans"....i know lots of people in Baltimore who love the Orioles but dont go to the games cause they suck and dont try to get good players.  But, they say, if the Orioles got a good team, they would come back and watch.  

Is that fair weather?  If so, i would imagine more than half of sports fans fall into that category.