Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #1605 on: June 19, 2013, 08:15:39 pm »
I am Burial.
😐 🎶

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1606 on: June 20, 2013, 06:15:33 pm »
If I could ask Ralf Hütter one stupid question it would be "Pinball or video?" I bet he would choose pinball.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1607 on: June 21, 2013, 02:28:06 am »
I am Burial.

i don't get it... Burial was ID'ed some time ago.  has there been some new news on this story?
<sig>

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1608 on: June 21, 2013, 10:38:59 am »
I am Burial.

i don't get it... Burial was ID'ed some time ago.  has there been some new news on this story?

Ask Four Tet. Actually, don't.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1609 on: June 21, 2013, 10:45:35 am »
I am Burial.

OMG that's such a non-story.

the blogger writes that "the tabloid's showbiz editor couldn't cope with the idea that the bookies' favourite for the award was an anonymous producer with no backstory to trawl, no photos to splash, and no celeb mates to gossip over. He asked for help unmasking the real Burial, and got exactly what he deserved, a tide of misinformation".  and what, pray tell, is the blogger doing?  pretty much the same, IMO.  maybe less out of frustration, but he's still writing a story where there is none.  let the man be, he doesn't want the limelight.
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #1610 on: June 21, 2013, 10:51:53 am »
to me, and i am only looking at this, really, from a media point of view.  research nowadays is what(?) percentange from all news sources, and from that research and having an obsession will all forms of news, i see that under obama, you have fast and furious, the irs thing, the ap thing, the julian assange thing, the snowden thing, guantanamo, eric holder, nancy pelosi, and now syria.  all of things i just named fall under his "watch" and therefor, and you know the american people think this way, the president is "associated with it" by virtue of nature.  thats it, thats all i meant. 

Yeah, all of those things are so much worse than lying to the American public about invading another country and then completely fucking up the aftermath to the tune of tens of thousands of deaths, the Patriot Act, pulling out of the Kyoto Protocol, implementing a practice of torturing suspects, creating the conditions for the 2008 economic collapse, appointing radically conservative Supreme Court judges, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc etc etc.
oword

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1611 on: June 21, 2013, 11:06:36 am »
I am Burial.

OMG that's such a non-story.

the blogger writes that "the tabloid's showbiz editor couldn't cope with the idea that the bookies' favourite for the award was an anonymous producer with no backstory to trawl, no photos to splash, and no celeb mates to gossip over. He asked for help unmasking the real Burial, and got exactly what he deserved, a tide of misinformation".  and what, pray tell, is the blogger doing?  pretty much the same, IMO.  maybe less out of frustration, but he's still writing a story where there is none.  let the man be, he doesn't want the limelight.

Lately, it's been more about Hebden than Bevan. The rumors have been rampant lately, then amplified by the Equalizer article. Since Equalizer is still new, most people don't know yet that it is a satire site.
😐 🎶

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1612 on: June 21, 2013, 11:13:59 am »
to me, and i am only looking at this, really, from a media point of view.  research nowadays is what(?) percentange from all news sources, and from that research and having an obsession will all forms of news, i see that under obama, you have fast and furious, the irs thing, the ap thing, the julian assange thing, the snowden thing, guantanamo, eric holder, nancy pelosi, and now syria.  all of things i just named fall under his "watch" and therefor, and you know the american people think this way, the president is "associated with it" by virtue of nature.  thats it, thats all i meant. 

Yeah, all of those things are so much worse than lying to the American public about invading another country and then completely fucking up the aftermath to the tune of tens of thousands of deaths, the Patriot Act, pulling out of the Kyoto Protocol, implementing a practice of torturing suspects, creating the conditions for the 2008 economic collapse, appointing radically conservative Supreme Court judges, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, etc etc etc.

god . . . i have been wondering where you have been.  i do think of you, because your mind is awesome.  i like when we argue too, because we are like an old married couple; so different and yet so perfect for each other.  its scary.

killsaly

« Reply #1613 on: June 21, 2013, 02:02:24 pm »
Ministry changes album name (From Beer to Eternity) and cover to one designed by his 12 year old nephew after AV Club Article.
Original:

New Cover for Whole Lotta Glove:

AV Club article:
The once-mighty industrial-rock juggernaut Ministry (or at least its sole original member, Al Jourgensen) has been threatening for years to stop making music: In interviews for the last few albums, Jourgensen has sworn each would be the last. And yet he's soldiered on through near-death experiences (massive bleeding ulcers and dysentery!) to continue making music. But From Beer To Eternity, due out September 6, is the last, he again swears. Considering Jourgensen's primary collaborator, Mike Scaccia, died after collapsing on stage late last year, this time might really be it. But on to the important news: The cover for From Beer To Eternity (no, we didn't make that title up) features Jourgensen's head on somebody else's ripped body, and he's got a bunch of naked women in a big net. Apparently Smell The Glove was taken?

Ministry statement:
JUNE 21, 2013 Due to excruciating pressure and critique from The Onion's A/V Club, Ministry has hired Al Jourgensen's 12-year-old nephew to re-design the cover art and also changed the title of the upcoming Ministry release. Production in Germany on the previous title and artwork was called to a halt at 7:00 am GST on June 19, 2013.
A/V club members sited the title and artwork for Ministry's "From Beer to Eternity" as stupid and misogynistic, comparing both to Spinal Tap's "Smell The Glove" pooh-poohing the new release and slagging Jourgensen for his "bag of chicks." The industrial metal godfather has been forced to reconsider his evil tongue-in-cheek ways and has reeled it back in. Here is the new Cover Art
I am not sure if the new cover is a joke or not...

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1614 on: June 21, 2013, 02:09:28 pm »
Good Lord, Al.  Both are horrifically bad.

killsaly

« Reply #1615 on: June 21, 2013, 02:10:31 pm »
Yes, but dont you think the one designed by the 12 year old is a little better?

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #1616 on: June 21, 2013, 02:13:59 pm »
What's wrong with being sexy?
A/V club members sited the title and artwork for Ministry's "From Beer to Eternity" as stupid and misogynistic, comparing both to Spinal Tap's "Smell The Glove" pooh-poohing the new release and slagging Jourgensen for his "bag of chicks." The industrial metal godfather has been forced to reconsider his evil tongue-in-cheek ways and has reeled it back in. Here is the new Cover Art
[/quote]
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #1617 on: June 21, 2013, 02:35:55 pm »
If it weren't for the cover controversy, I wouldn't even know Ministry had a new album coming out.

Well played, Al, well played...
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #1618 on: June 21, 2013, 02:38:05 pm »
Another band I liked 25 years ago and now hope I never, ever hear them again.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1619 on: June 21, 2013, 02:53:37 pm »

it's clearly a joke, since there ISN'T a whole lot of glove there.  the fingers are missing.

Another band I liked 25 years ago and now hope I never, ever hear them again.

quick, call the mods - i think atomicfront has hacked JF's account!
<sig>