Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176657 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #2130 on: September 27, 2013, 02:30:39 pm »
I'm not sure what the 'tea party' wants but I am all in favor of putting a one year limit on welfare and food stamps.  Just like there is a one year limit on unemployment benefits.  Hell if either should have a longer limit it would be unemployment.  While none of these programs was ever intended to be a way of life at least the people on unemployment worked their asses off for some period of time to get the benefits of that program.  The others, well in many cases they just learned form mommy and daddy that if they sit on their buts and didn't even try to better themselves they can get free handouts forever.
FUKIT

atomic

« Reply #2131 on: September 27, 2013, 02:32:11 pm »
I'm not sure what the 'tea party' wants but I am all in favor of putting a one year limit on welfare and food stamps.  Just like there is a one year limit on unemployment benefits.  Hell if either should have a longer limit it would be unemployment.  While none of these programs was ever intended to be a way of life at least the people on unemployment worked their asses off for some period of time to get the benefits of that program.  The others, well in many cases they just learned form mommy and daddy that if they sit on their buts and didn't even try to better themselves they can get free handouts forever.

Yeah I am sure being homeless but having food is just great.  People should get Food Stamps no matter how long they are unemployed.  It would be the last program of any that I would ever cut.  You sure are bitter to your fellow man.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2132 on: September 27, 2013, 03:06:50 pm »

Yeah I am sure being homeless but having food is just great.  People should get Food Stamps no matter how long they are unemployed.  It would be the last program of any that I would ever cut.  You sure are bitter to your fellow man.

Homeless <> food stamps.  Your whole point fails for invalid premise.  Try again.  I don't mind having a conversation with you about this but try to stay on topic.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:09:12 pm by RatBastard »
FUKIT

atomic

« Reply #2133 on: September 27, 2013, 03:10:11 pm »

Homeless <> food stamps.  Your whole point fails for invalid premise.  Try again.

If all you get from the government is food stamps and you don't have a job odds are you are homeless.  But why would you want anyone to go hungry?  I don't get it.  Do you not care about anyone but yourself?  This seems sociopathic behavior.

You should visit Germany they have a ton of social programs, public health care,  and their economy is better than ours and they don't have much crime.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #2134 on: September 27, 2013, 03:12:32 pm »

Homeless <> food stamps.  Your whole point fails for invalid premise.  Try again.

If all you get from the government is food stamps and you don't have a job odds are you are homeless.  But why would you want anyone to go hungry?  I don't get it.  Do you not care about anyone but yourself?  This seems sociopathic behavior.

You should visit Germany they have a ton of social programs, public health care,  and their economy is better than ours and they don't have much crime.

You are still making an invalid premise and no one said that anyone should go hungry.  Try again, you really cannot be this ignorant .
FUKIT

atomic

« Reply #2135 on: September 27, 2013, 03:18:13 pm »

You are still making an invalid premise and no one said that anyone should go hungry.  Try again, you really cannot be this ignorant .

You are the one that said people should go hungry.  You said there should be a one year limit on food stamps.  So you want people starving in the streets.  Just admit it.

i am gay and i like cats

hutch

« Reply #2137 on: September 27, 2013, 04:48:36 pm »
kudos to tropicalia for using showclix for selling their tickets.. the ticket fee on a 15$ ticket was $1.82!! almost unheard of these days..

well worth supporting tropicalia...

killsaly

« Reply #2138 on: September 27, 2013, 05:02:49 pm »
Missiontix is pretty good as well.  I grabbed a random event from their site:

Event                                  Qty.    Price    Ext. Price
Guitar Wolf - Sep. 28, 2013    1    $16.00    $16.00
Subtotal:    $16.00
     Processing:    $3.50
     Total :    $19.50

James Ford

« Reply #2139 on: September 27, 2013, 05:03:12 pm »
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/05/us/as-debate-reopens-food-stamp-recipients-continue-to-squeeze.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Over all, nearly 48 million Americans now receive food stamps, an $80 billion-a-year program that is increasingly the target of conservatives. Robert Rector, a scholar at the conservative Heritage Foundation, argues that the food stamp program should be overhauled so that benefits are tied to work, much as welfare was revamped under President Bill Clinton. He advocates mandatory drug testing for food stamp recipients ? a position that draws support from Mr. Rigsby, who dreams of becoming a game warden and said it irritated him to see people ?mooch off the system.?

But when benefits drop in November, the Rigsbys, who say they receive about $350 a month, can expect $29 less.

?People have a lot of misimpressions about hunger in America,? said Maura Daly, a Feeding America spokeswoman. ?People think it?s associated with homelessness when, in fact, it is working poor families, it?s kids, it?s the disabled.? Hunger is often invisible, she said, and in rural areas it is even more so.

vansmack

« Reply #2140 on: September 27, 2013, 07:12:27 pm »
It's futile to discuss reforming Food Stamps without talking about the other part of the Farm Bill - farm subsidies.  They are inextricably linked. 

There will be no real reform in America until they are separated legislatively. And if you think Government is at a standstill now, watch the separation of Food Stamps and Farm Subsidies play out and see what grinding to a halt really means.   
27>34

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #2141 on: September 27, 2013, 08:48:59 pm »
😐 🎶

atomic

« Reply #2142 on: September 30, 2013, 10:23:06 am »
It's futile to discuss reforming Food Stamps without talking about the other part of the Farm Bill - farm subsidies.  They are inextricably linked. 

There will be no real reform in America until they are separated legislatively. And if you think Government is at a standstill now, watch the separation of Food Stamps and Farm Subsidies play out and see what grinding to a halt really means.   

Farmers want food stamps.  It allows poor people to buy their goods.  It is a Farm Subsidy.  I don't know why you think it needs to be removed or why you think Food Stamp reform is needed.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2143 on: September 30, 2013, 10:39:20 am »

who wants to go on a picnic . . . ooh ooh, i do.

slappy

« Reply #2144 on: September 30, 2013, 10:49:01 am »

Farmers want food stamps.  It allows poor people to buy their goods.  It is a Farm Subsidy.  I don't know why you think it needs to be removed or why you think Food Stamp reform is needed.

Maybe cuz Brazil gets a cut for cotton farming?
http://content.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1978963,00.html

They really should drug test the farmers before giving them subsidies. Those tractors can be dangerous when you're loopy on goof balls.