Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176609 times)

i am gay and i like cats

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3105 on: February 03, 2014, 08:49:11 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #3106 on: February 04, 2014, 01:02:12 pm »
It must suck being the 60+ guy in my office who eats a TV dinner for lunch each and every day of the week. That's TV dinners for lunch for 40 years.

Gosh, is it that hard to follow a recipe and make your own lunch? Or make a sandwich? Or get your wife to do it for you? Or go nearby outside where there are numerous food options?

I just don't get it.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3107 on: February 04, 2014, 01:07:21 pm »
It must suck being the 60+ guy in my office who eats a TV dinner for lunch each and every day of the week. That's TV dinners for lunch for 40 years.

Gosh, is it that hard to follow a recipe and make your own lunch? Or make a sandwich? Or get your wife to do it for you? Or go nearby outside where there are numerous food options?

I just don't get it.
I get very baffled by this in the grocery store.  The guys that fill an entire cart full of tv dinners and chunky brand soup.  It makes me sad.  I just imagine them at home alone, day after day, eating that crap in front of the tv. 

James Ford

« Reply #3108 on: February 04, 2014, 01:10:45 pm »
In this case, the guy has a wife and a ten year old kid. I wonder if neither of them cook.

I just don't get it.
I get very baffled by this in the grocery store.  The guys that fill an entire cart full of tv dinners and chunky brand soup.  It makes me sad.  I just imagine them at home alone, day after day, eating that crap in front of the tv. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #3109 on: February 04, 2014, 01:13:58 pm »
Why do you all care?  I never question what my coworkers eat or the shopping habits of others.  Does it really matter?

atomic

« Reply #3110 on: February 04, 2014, 01:15:50 pm »

I just don't get it.

When I was single I ate so healthy.  I had a salad with fresh fish in it almost every night.  Unfortunately, I was only single for 3 months.  

atomic

« Reply #3111 on: February 04, 2014, 01:16:58 pm »
Or get your wife to do it for you?

This might be harder than you think. 

James Ford

« Reply #3112 on: February 04, 2014, 01:18:27 pm »
Unless his poor eating habits are driving up my insurance rates, it doesn't.

It was just a Random Thought.

Still, you have to feel for someone who doesn't get any pleasure out of food. I think it's called sympathy.

Why do you all care?  I never question what my coworkers eat or the shopping habits of others.  Does it really matter?

ggw

« Reply #3113 on: February 04, 2014, 01:19:22 pm »

Maybe Chaz will say "hi" next time he sees you at the store.

James Ford

« Reply #3114 on: February 04, 2014, 01:19:51 pm »
I takes  leftovers from our dinners for lunch. I cook four nights a week, she cooks three nights a week. So I'm getting her to do it for me, right?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #3115 on: February 04, 2014, 01:20:37 pm »
It is called being overly critical and a hater.  At least that is how it comes off.  You being sympathetic was the last thing I gleaned from your posts. 

James Ford

« Reply #3116 on: February 04, 2014, 01:21:10 pm »
That would be so amazing. Meeting a fellow boardie at the supermarket. Can you imagine?

Maybe Chaz will say "hi" next time he sees you at the store.

James Ford

« Reply #3117 on: February 04, 2014, 01:22:20 pm »
I think you use the word "hater" very oddly.

Wait, what does "hater" even mean?

He's a good guy. Rest assured I feel sorry for him and I don't hate him.

It is called being overly critical and a hater.  At least that is how it comes off.  You being sympathetic was the last thing I gleaned from your posts. 
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 01:24:06 pm by James Ford »

atomic

« Reply #3118 on: February 04, 2014, 01:48:36 pm »
I takes  leftovers from our dinners for lunch. I cook four nights a week, she cooks three nights a week. So I'm getting her to do it for me, right?

No that isn't the same thing.  I don't eat leftovers so I don't really know about that. 

Back to the original subject: Some people don't like change.  They marry their high school sweet-heart.  Live in the area they grew up in.  Stay at the same job for 20+ years.  Eat the same thing for lunch everday.   Buy the same brand of car over and over again.  Don't like to travel outside of the country.  Drink the same beer every night.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3119 on: February 04, 2014, 01:50:57 pm »
I don't care, per se.  Just random thoughts I have at the grocery store.  And you are a liar if you don't scan other shoppers' carts and wonder stupid shit about them too.