Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176601 times)

atomic

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3450 on: May 23, 2014, 02:41:02 pm »
I want to meet you guys now.  I am guessing if there was an actual meet-up with me you wouldn't show up.  Well maybe Hutch and Killsally would but the rest of you wouldn't.

stevewizzle

« Reply #3451 on: May 23, 2014, 02:56:56 pm »
the lack of anonymity of this forum is a stark contrast to the rest of the internet forum world.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3452 on: May 23, 2014, 03:02:43 pm »
The picture reminds me of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs
 ;D
This.

Post your photo and I will make fun of it.
I will when I get home!
LVMH

« Reply #3453 on: May 23, 2014, 03:04:13 pm »
I want to meet you guys now.  I am guessing if there was an actual meet-up with me you wouldn't show up.  Well maybe Hutch and Killsally would but the rest of you wouldn't.
We've had many successful boardie meet ups, albeit most are before or after a show as opposed to getting together just for the sake of getting together. We did that for Xmas once I think.
LVMH

James Ford

« Reply #3454 on: May 23, 2014, 03:04:19 pm »
I can count at least five past or current forum members whose homes I have been to. Even more than that have been to my house. And I'm one of the board assholes.
the lack of anonymity of this forum is a stark contrast to the rest of the internet forum world.

« Reply #3455 on: May 23, 2014, 03:05:18 pm »
I can count at least five past or current forum members whose homes I have been to. Even more than that have been to my house. And I'm one of the board assholes.
That's true, you are. ;)
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #3456 on: May 23, 2014, 03:06:21 pm »
We've had many successful boardie meet ups, albeit most are before or after a show as opposed to getting together just for the sake of getting together. We did that for Xmas once I think.

If you are so friendly with everyone why did you get banned?

« Reply #3457 on: May 23, 2014, 03:09:41 pm »
If you are so friendly with everyone why did you get banned?
If Nelson Mandela was such a great humanitarian, why did he spend decades in jail?
LVMH

« Reply #3458 on: May 23, 2014, 03:11:00 pm »
Just so that no one misunderstands my above parallel, I am absolutely saying I'm the Nelson Mandela of this community.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #3459 on: May 23, 2014, 03:16:33 pm »
My day at work has kind of sucked.  I had some boring tedious task that had to be finished today and my intern was off. 

fatskippy

« Reply #3460 on: May 23, 2014, 04:45:03 pm »
41 fucking tweets today by the 9:30 club...

Hexenjagd

« Reply #3461 on: May 23, 2014, 06:45:48 pm »
i am always down!

I probably will have to skip Wye Oak, I am supposed to drive to Delaware for a family beach vacation that day. I might go to the show then drive though....

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #3462 on: May 23, 2014, 07:31:56 pm »
For those of you familiar with the traffic heading into DC from the south, I need some help with planning a trip from Richmond to DCA.  I have a flight out of DCA this Friday at 11:45am.  MapQuest gives travel time as 1 hour 47 minutes, however that does not factor in the time of day and any associated traffic.  Assuming i would want to be at DCA by about 10:30 am Friday, what would be an appropriate time to leave Richmond?
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #3463 on: May 23, 2014, 07:50:39 pm »
For those of you familiar with the traffic heading into DC from the south, I need some help with planning a trip from Richmond to DCA.  I have a flight out of DCA this Friday at 11:45am.  MapQuest gives travel time as 1 hour 47 minutes, however that does not factor in the time of day and any associated traffic.  Assuming i would want to be at DCA by about 10:30 am Friday, what would be an appropriate time to leave Richmond?

well by this friday I am guessing you mean next friday.....

traffic is terrible.. on 95 traffic is slow from Fredericksburg on , as i recall, from about 630 am....you really have to shoot to be at dca by 10 to give yourself some window...

the way i see it unless you figure out some alternate route you'd have to leave richmond by 5 am maybe earlier to beat the rush hour between 6:30-930 or so

someone else may know better....it sounds silly to have to leave so early but i'm telling you people drive to work early and you hit bad traffic surprisingly early in the morning.. a lot of people try to get to work early so they can leave early

lets see what others think though?

i mean another way of looking at it is you could leave richmond around 8..once you get out of richmod i would think it would be pretty smooth....and i guess you'd be hitting bad traffic around 9:15 or so and maybe muddle through to the airport and make it by 10...... or you can leave so early you miss the rush entirely......

its not a good time to be leaving dca

hutch

« Reply #3464 on: May 23, 2014, 07:54:46 pm »
keeping in mind there are two kinds of people..those that like to get there early and relax and those that like to time it right and don't feel much pressure..