Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176612 times)

hutch

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3540 on: May 29, 2014, 10:00:34 pm »
Jeff Goldblum is 6'4". I'm betting a Latino guy like Hutch is a bit shorter...

stereotyping....

James Ford

« Reply #3541 on: May 30, 2014, 07:59:29 am »
I guess the government is in the business of stereotyping as well!

These are the average heights (in inches) of American males according to the government published National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES):

White males 70.4
 Black males 70.0
 Hispanic males 67.1

stereotyping....

Yada

« Reply #3542 on: May 30, 2014, 08:50:32 am »

These are the average heights (in inches) of American males according to the government published National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES):

White males 70.4
 Black males 70.0
 Hispanic males 67.1

stereotyping....

wait, black guys are on average shorter than white guys? not true!

atomic

« Reply #3543 on: May 30, 2014, 10:20:18 am »

White males 70.4
 Black males 70.0
 Hispanic males 67.1

stereotyping....

What is the average height of Jewish males?  I am guessing Jeff Goldblum is way above the norm for his race.  Anyway this is stupid.  Just a way for you to put down hutch. 

James Ford

« Reply #3544 on: May 30, 2014, 10:24:38 am »
I wasn't putting down Hutch. Jeff Goldblum is more handsome than Kurt Cobain ever was.

And I much prefer being 5'9" to being 6'2" or above. Not that I've ever been both.

White males 70.4
 Black males 70.0
 Hispanic males 67.1

stereotyping....

What is the average height of Jewish males?  I am guessing Jeff Goldblum is way above the norm for his race.  Anyway this is stupid.  Just a way for you to put down hutch. 

atomic

« Reply #3545 on: May 30, 2014, 10:42:34 am »
I wasn't putting down Hutch. Jeff Goldblum is more handsome than Kurt Cobain ever was.

And I much prefer being 5'9" to being 6'2" or above. Not that I've ever been both.

White males 70.4
 Black males 70.0
 Hispanic males 67.1

stereotyping....

Being short I guess makes you appreciate your wife more as you have to work to get girls?  Instead of just standing around and letting them hit on you.  Actually of the 100's of women I dated my wife was the first I ever made the first move on.  I sent her an Eharmony request.  It was enjoyable persuing a woman instead of being the pursued for a change.  I can see how being short could have its advantages.

hutch

« Reply #3546 on: May 30, 2014, 10:48:02 am »
I think it is stereotyping...Latinos are all sorts of different people...the term is just stupid and every time people use it they should think about it..

I dont mind being considered a "Latino" any more...but its silly.. my family comes from Poland, Lithuania and Italy... no different than most Americans...most if my family from Poland emigrated to the US (Brooklyn) straight.. I just happened to arguably take the longer way around (although I was born in the US)

at 6 2 I don't feel short...

atomic

« Reply #3547 on: May 30, 2014, 10:51:06 am »
I think it is stereotyping...Latinos are all sorts of different people...the term is just stupid and every time people use it they should think about it..

I dont mind being considered a "Latino" any more...but its silly.. my family comes from Poland, Lithuania and Italy... no different than most Americans...most if my family from Poland emigrated to the US (Brooklyn) straight.. I just happened to arguably take the longer way around (although I was born in the US)

Just ignore him he is just trying to get under your skin. 

James Ford

« Reply #3548 on: May 30, 2014, 10:52:49 am »

Maybe I have you confused with someone else. My apologies.

My wife's dad is 100% Lithuanian, and her mom is Polish/German. Perhaps the two of you are related. She is also tall.

atomic

« Reply #3549 on: May 30, 2014, 01:00:30 pm »

Who cares whether you think Jeff Goldblum is more handsome than Kurt Cobain.  Nobody on here is either person and why would you think we care which guy you find more attractive? 

James Ford

« Reply #3550 on: May 30, 2014, 01:23:18 pm »
My wife said you look "frightening", and "like the poor man's Kurt Cobain."

People have told Hutch he looks like Jeff Goldblum (based on picture, I can see it at least a little bit).

Hence, Hutch has a more attractive celebrity lookalike than you do, imo!

Who cares whether you think Jeff Goldblum is more handsome than Kurt Cobain.  Nobody on here is either person and why would you think we care which guy you find more attractive? 

atomic

« Reply #3551 on: May 30, 2014, 01:30:45 pm »
My wife said you look "frightening", and "like the poor man's Kurt Cobain."

People have told Hutch he looks like Jeff Goldblum (based on picture, I can see it at least a little bit).

Hence, Hutch has a more attractive celebrity lookalike than you do, imo!

Why don't you post your photo so my wife can comment on yours.   Well actually my wife wouldn't comment on you as she wouldn't care.  First off Hutch looks nothing like Jeff Goldblum.  Second I don't look like Kurt Cobain.  But to argue that Jeff Goldblum is better looking is silly.  Goldblum ears are too big for his head.  His head is too long or too narrow and his lips are weird.

Kurt Cobain's face was very well pre-portioned.  He is an attractive man.  The one thing Jeff has going for him is height.  And Kurt is short.  Maybe you like your men tall more than anything else

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3552 on: June 02, 2014, 07:14:33 pm »
Band Of Horses
@The National
6/19
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3553 on: June 02, 2014, 08:58:43 pm »
Band Of Horses