Author Topic: TBD  (Read 1176565 times)

Rogue Riderhood

Re: A Various Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #3855 on: October 01, 2014, 03:37:40 pm »
Amazon distribution center opened and now MD residents have to pay sales tax on Amazon. 

vansmack

« Reply #3856 on: October 01, 2014, 03:51:51 pm »
Amazon distribution center opened and now MD residents have to pay sales tax on Amazon. 

Well, you were submitting your out of state purchase tax remittals to the Government anyway, weren't you?  MD is a Use Tax state after all.
27>34

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #3857 on: October 01, 2014, 04:33:59 pm »
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:46:39 pm by Rogue Riderhood »

vansmack

« Reply #3858 on: October 01, 2014, 04:57:40 pm »
Look at the big brain on Brad. 

I am a smart...... 

Maryland residents were always supposed to pay sales taxes on purchases from Amazon - they just weren't doing it (and MD wasn't alone in that).     

Amazon created 1,000 jobs jobs with that distribution center and are now able to better serve the DC-Baltimore Metropolitan area with same day delivery.  If the pattern holds, you'll be getting Amazon Fresh very soon as well.

This is a win-win and has been Amazon's MO in over half the states who came knocking on Amazon's door for tax remittances.  The other half didn't get a distribution center or the jobs that come with it.
27>34

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #3859 on: October 01, 2014, 05:05:01 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #3860 on: October 01, 2014, 07:23:30 pm »
That's your random thought?

How do you feel about the resignation?

The Director of the Secret Service has resigned.
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/01/politics/secret-service-director-resigns/index.html

Rogue Riderhood

« Reply #3861 on: October 01, 2014, 07:43:11 pm »
I replaced a random thought that I decided to keep to myself with a random link I had open.  If you would like I can just add a "." like I usually would.

hutch

« Reply #3862 on: October 01, 2014, 07:45:44 pm »
talk about thought police.. now our "random" thoughts have to meet a certain yardstick..

;D

ggw

« Reply #3863 on: October 02, 2014, 12:22:28 pm »
Texas Says That Up to 100 Are at Risk of Ebola Exposure
Health officials in Texas said Thursday that they had reached out to as many as 100 people who may have had contact ? either directly or indirectly ? with a Liberian man sick with the Ebola virus while he was contagious.

Enterovirus 68 Respiratory Illness Is Linked to Four Deaths
At least four people have died after contracting a severe respiratory illness that has spread to more than 40 states, public health officials announced on Wednesday.  The deaths were the first to be linked to the nationwide outbreak of enterovirus 68, which has caused an influx of sick children ? some of them critically ill ? at hospitals around the country. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed 472 cases of the infection as of Wednesday, although experts said the true number of cases was likely to be many times that number.

Mosquito Virus That Walloped Caribbean Spreads in U.S.
A mosquito-borne virus that can cause debilitating joint pain lasting for years has spread to the continental U.S. after infecting hundreds of thousands of people in the Caribbean and Central America.

Have a nice day!!

James Ford

« Reply #3864 on: October 02, 2014, 12:32:07 pm »
Kick the muslims out and then close the borders. Ban all international travel and visitors.

Yada

« Reply #3865 on: October 02, 2014, 12:33:44 pm »
Texas Says That Up to 100 Are at Risk of Ebola Exposure
Health officials in Texas said Thursday that they had reached out to as many as 100 people who may have had contact ? either directly or indirectly ? with a Liberian man sick with the Ebola virus while he was contagious.

Enterovirus 68 Respiratory Illness Is Linked to Four Deaths
At least four people have died after contracting a severe respiratory illness that has spread to more than 40 states, public health officials announced on Wednesday.  The deaths were the first to be linked to the nationwide outbreak of enterovirus 68, which has caused an influx of sick children ? some of them critically ill ? at hospitals around the country. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed 472 cases of the infection as of Wednesday, although experts said the true number of cases was likely to be many times that number.

Mosquito Virus That Walloped Caribbean Spreads in U.S.
A mosquito-borne virus that can cause debilitating joint pain lasting for years has spread to the continental U.S. after infecting hundreds of thousands of people in the Caribbean and Central America.

Have a nice day!!

we're all fucked!

hutch

« Reply #3866 on: October 02, 2014, 01:48:11 pm »
Kick the muslims out and then close the borders. Ban all international travel and visitors.

you are joking, right?

just making sure...

James Ford

« Reply #3867 on: October 02, 2014, 01:52:04 pm »
As Moz would ask, "What Difference Does it Make?"

you are joking, right?

just making sure...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3868 on: October 02, 2014, 02:15:11 pm »
Kick the muslims out

why would you write that?

it isn't witty, funny, useful, or even on topic...
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #3869 on: October 02, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »
What was the topic? I thought it was "world problems transplanted to America". Forgive me if I misinterpreted the topic.

Kick the muslims out

why would you write that?

it isn't witty, funny, useful, or even on topic...