Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1372430 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2205 on: June 12, 2009, 01:36:29 pm »
even assuming that tevez has gone, you replace 2 with 3. valencia is know to be quality in england, ribery has delivered all over the place and benzema is the high potential kid. i'd kind of like to see them add maybe another cmf

edit: maybe a rb too

Well, I think there's high hopes for the return of Owen Hargeaves for central mid (myself included).  But I don't like taking the chance with the elders Giggs and Scholes as the only backups to Fletcher, Carrick and Anderson should Hargreaves not meet fitness after double knee surgery or whatever it was...

The Tevez thing is all about the discomfort United have for the secretive arrangement with his agent.  It's been made quite clear to him that they will sign him if he can seperate himself from Kia Joorabchian. 

As for right back, it's all about the twins now.  I understnd there's some interest in a17 year old Brazilian Central defender too.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #2206 on: June 12, 2009, 01:37:38 pm »
hahaha...awesome

Sadly, it was changed back.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2207 on: June 12, 2009, 11:03:30 pm »
HEY! Just think....we sell Ronaldo and we can buy Newcastle United!!!!

The solution is simple....dump Ronaldo for 80 mil....a great player but not a united blue collar player. We also dump that lazy bastard Berbatov to some money heavy moron like City or Chelski then get Ribery at a discount coz he's 26 years old so at the twilight of his prime. Sign Tevez as long as he dumps his ambulance chasing agent and look for a successor to Ferdinand to partner Vidic in the near future. Put Rooney and Tevez up front (why put Rooney out of his natural position???) game after game and we'll put the fear of god into every defense in Europe. We also take Henry from Barca as as short term solution seeing as Barca don't seem to appreciate the talent they have there.

BTW, Congratulations to Barca. Totally outplayed United in the final. Talk about men against boys???

vansmack

« Reply #2208 on: June 14, 2009, 05:48:34 pm »
I am not man.  I am Cantona.

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi358679321/
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2209 on: June 14, 2009, 08:16:56 pm »
spain didnt even bother to toy with the kiwi's today
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2210 on: June 14, 2009, 08:33:37 pm »
spain didnt even bother to toy with the kiwi's today

Bullies!!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2211 on: June 15, 2009, 10:40:55 am »
i set the dvr for the usmnt vs italy today. i hope its less boring than i think it will be.
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2212 on: June 15, 2009, 11:54:23 am »
i set the dvr for the usmnt vs italy today. i hope its less boring than i think it will be.

I was thinking about this while sitting on the beach this morning.  Having been in attendance for what was probably the US's greatest single game performance the last time these teams met, it's very frustrating for me to see just how far they've fallen recently.  Today will likely not be pretty, and Egypt are not exactly going to be a walkover in the second game either.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2214 on: June 17, 2009, 01:10:01 pm »
west brom and reading is as tough a start as you can have in the ccc

just hope we have an owner, a manager or at least some players by then
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2215 on: June 17, 2009, 08:00:41 pm »
Shoeshine...I know it must suck that your team was relegated but believe me the Championship is more fun than the premier league. When I was living back in Cork there was a 'match of the day' for the championship and it really was much more entertaining than the premier league sometimes...no prima donnas, no diving, just good honest football like it's supposed to be played.

I'm just disapointed I won't see Keano go up against McCarthy, now that would've been interesting. Ipswich are my Championship team for obvious reasons.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2216 on: June 17, 2009, 08:53:19 pm »
dont get me wrong, itll be nice for the toon to not be completely outmatched like 40% of the time, but i wont be able to watch any of these games on tv
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2217 on: June 19, 2009, 05:20:24 pm »
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2218 on: June 19, 2009, 06:20:00 pm »
so espn should snag the prem matches, then make a deal with the beeb for the ccc
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2219 on: June 19, 2009, 06:36:07 pm »
so espn should snag the prem matches, then make a deal with the beeb for the ccc

That of course is about broadcasting rights in England.  That doesn't speak to the American broadcasting rights...

Setanta Sports USA
Important Customer Message

As has been widely reported in various media channels, Setanta Sports has today had its agreement to broadcast 46 Barclays Premier League matches in the UK terminated.

This development does not affect our channels and other services in the US.

Setanta Sports in the US is a separate operation that has separate agreement to show the Barclay?s Premier League. Our channels and other services in the US continue to broadcast and our subscribers can still enjoy our programming including the Lions Tour of South Africa and the UEFA U21 European Championship.

New customers are welcome to subscribe to watch some of the world?s best soccer and rugby either by contacting our cable and satellite partners or online at www.setanta.com.

We thank you for your continued interest in Setanta Sports and look forward to bringing you a wealth of sport over the coming months and years.
27>34