Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1370146 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3510 on: June 26, 2011, 01:52:21 am »

what is Bornstein still doing on the team.

Shocked it wasn't Spector.  Sure Bornstein was great in the WC, but he's been crap since.

But don't overlook Mexico's Torres for Salcido sub.  They weren't ready for Adu, and adjusted accordingly.  Bob Bradley did nothing about that and sat back and watched Bornstein get abused. Please bring in a foreign coach...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3511 on: June 26, 2011, 01:58:20 am »

smackie, where do your allegiances lie?  does your love of the little bean lead you to treason?

This is a joke right?  I wouldnt even let my mexican house cleaner come over today.  My disdain for mexican football knows no boundaries...
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3512 on: June 26, 2011, 09:13:48 am »
I wouldnt even let my mexican house cleaner come over today.  My disdain for mexican football knows no boundaries...

your maid plays for the mexican team?!?  you yanks were beaten by a team of maids?!?
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #3513 on: June 26, 2011, 10:04:02 am »
Quote from: sweetcell link=topic=2922.msg325748#msg325748
your maid plays for the mexican team?!?  you yanks were beaten by a team of maids?!?

GROUP STAGE

June 7  USA 2-0 Canada
June 11 Canada 1-0 Guadalupe
June 14 Canada 1-1 Panama
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3514 on: June 26, 2011, 11:08:40 am »
bradley at fault again, i agree with smackie

complete failure to do something to help the fullbacks defies explanation
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3515 on: June 27, 2011, 12:52:46 pm »
Of course a latino channel would be biased towards Mexico....it's only the English media that are self-loathing defeatist morons.

The USA is no different. Try watching the olympics. Once the American is out, that event is never seen or heard from again. If that was the same with Gt. Britain all we'd ever see is cycling during the Olympics....which would be perfectly fine with me actually.

hutch

« Reply #3516 on: June 27, 2011, 01:27:31 pm »
Of course a latino channel would be biased towards Mexico....it's only the English media that are self-loathing defeatist morons.

The USA is no different. Try watching the olympics. Once the American is out, that event is never seen or heard from again. If that was the same with Gt. Britain all we'd ever see is cycling during the Olympics....which would be perfectly fine with me actually.

Next thing you know you'll say "Of course the entire Rose Bowl or near that would cheer for Mexico.."

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3517 on: June 27, 2011, 01:33:44 pm »

Next thing you know you'll say "Of course the entire Rose Bowl or near that would cheer for Mexico.."

Ya think???

hutch

« Reply #3518 on: June 27, 2011, 01:50:55 pm »

Ya think???

I think you'd say that...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3519 on: June 27, 2011, 02:19:32 pm »
i guess this puts vancouver on the same level as buenos aires?

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/football/06/27/argentina.river.plate.riots/index.html

GO BOCA JUNIORS!
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #3520 on: June 27, 2011, 03:01:13 pm »

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/SPORT/football/06/27/argentina.river.plate.riots/index.html

GO BOCA JUNIORS!

As a Boca fan since day one I'm living a dream... just glad my Uncle Mario is not here to see this.. he would not believe it.. RIver Plate is like the Yankees or Man U.. or should i say "used to be like"

the riots are par for the course.. people riot over anything down there... this makes more sense than most reasons...

and everyone knew the riots would happen.. my mother who lives there sent me an email she got from the US embassy a few days before the game warning her (she's actually here visiting us but anyways)..

vansmack

« Reply #3521 on: June 27, 2011, 03:52:30 pm »

Not exactly.  Vancouver rioted because they lost the Stanley Cup, not because the Canucks were forced to play in the AHL. 

I can see myself rioting if United were ever relegated.  I didn't riot when they lost to Barca in the Champions League final. 
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3522 on: June 27, 2011, 05:15:01 pm »
I miss the good old days when the Red Army would riot....win, lose or draw!!!!
 ;)

vansmack

« Reply #3523 on: June 28, 2011, 12:33:04 pm »
 ;)

You're such a sweet and tender hooligan....
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3524 on: June 28, 2011, 12:59:17 pm »
 ;)

You're such a sweet and tender hooligan....

Nice recall!  ;D