Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2111494 times)

Yada

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #6675 on: March 20, 2017, 01:12:53 pm »
Jerry Garcia - Compliments

Did you peep that release I posted a page or two back??

hutch

« Reply #6676 on: March 20, 2017, 01:16:25 pm »

I don't like 91 voice Garcia..even though he still was capable of great nights...

Yada

« Reply #6677 on: March 20, 2017, 01:24:31 pm »

I don't like 91 voice Garcia..even though he still was capable of great nights...

hutch

« Reply #6678 on: March 20, 2017, 01:27:27 pm »
dude, there's like 30,000 shows available from the 60s and 70s.. why bother with 91?

i have some good ones too.. believe me.

Relaxer

« Reply #6679 on: March 20, 2017, 02:09:56 pm »
Have to admit, the new Father John Misty record is pretty good, but I can't help but think it sounds like Billy Joel. But you know what, I can dig on some good ol American pop.

The new Jesus and Mary Chain album sounds like Munki, so if you liked Munki, you'll probably like this. I don't like anything apart from Psychocandy and Darklands, so I don't like this at all. Boooooring.

Listened to Real Estate once, it was pleasant. Will give it a few more tries.

Blanck Mass is some awesome horror movie soundtrack type music. By the time May rolls around, I'll be done with it, but in the meantime, I'm digging it.

oword

hutch

« Reply #6680 on: March 20, 2017, 02:12:46 pm »
Have to admit, the new Father John Misty record is pretty good, but I can't help but think it sounds like Billy Joel. But you know what, I can dig on some good ol American pop.

The new Jesus and Mary Chain album sounds like Munki, so if you liked Munki, you'll probably like this. I don't like anything apart from Psychocandy and Darklands, so I don't like this at all. Boooooring.

Listened to Real Estate once, it was pleasant. Will give it a few more tries.

Blanck Mass is some awesome horror movie soundtrack type music. By the time May rolls around, I'll be done with it, but in the meantime, I'm digging it.

You don't like HEAD ON???> I do not believe that.

Yada

« Reply #6681 on: March 20, 2017, 02:15:53 pm »
dude, there's like 30,000 shows available from the 60s and 70s.. why bother with 91?

JGB performed in the 60's?? Oh ok.

Relaxer

« Reply #6682 on: March 20, 2017, 02:15:59 pm »
I do like that song, but I don't much like the Automatic album. I also like the Barbed Wire Kisses b-side comp, but ultimately, the only thing I ever listen to is Psychocandy, which I play at least once a week, and Darklands every other year or so.
oword

hutch

« Reply #6683 on: March 20, 2017, 02:26:42 pm »

JGB performed in the 60's?? Oh ok.

For the reading comprehension impaired: Obviously I'm talking about Jerry's voice...

bearman🐻

« Reply #6684 on: March 20, 2017, 02:26:59 pm »
I do like that song, but I don't much like the Automatic album. I also like the Barbed Wire Kisses b-side comp, but ultimately, the only thing I ever listen to is Psychocandy, which I play at least once a week, and Darklands every other year or so.

I realize I'm in the minority, but find the bulk of Psychocandy un-listenable. Love the songs (the Psychocandy show at the 9:30 was phenomenal), but the frequency is too painful for me to find enjoyable. My favorite JAMC record is Darklands. I think Automatic is spotty but still has some great tunes.

I admire Father John Misty for what he's trying to do, but I definitely cannot consider myself a fan. On SNL, I had flashbacks to Billy Squire. I know, excessive comparison...but the gestures were hilarious and overdone.

hutch

« Reply #6685 on: March 20, 2017, 02:28:03 pm »

I think I prefer darklands to anything else... but they have tons of great songs up until and including stoned and dethroned..

i don't listen to any of it lately though.. maybe if i was going to see them live i'd dig darklands or psychocandy out

but head on is brilliant.. the pixies cover is one of my favorite covers ever.. i can and have listened to it on repeat

hutch

« Reply #6686 on: March 20, 2017, 02:30:40 pm »
The Doors- Strange Days

Relaxer

« Reply #6687 on: March 20, 2017, 02:50:55 pm »
OMG Bearman, that video is so funny, I pull it up every now and then and laugh through my boner.

I found Fr Misty to be a huge, pretentious, fake douchebag, and I didn't like 'Honeybear' that much. But the new one is just so easy and well-produced that if I can't think of anything to play, I'll just put that on and I'll never be upset with my decision.
oword

hutch

« Reply #6688 on: March 20, 2017, 02:53:03 pm »
poor billy squire.. you know he blames that video for destroying his career.. i'm not convinced..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6689 on: March 20, 2017, 02:54:06 pm »
I picked up an Incubus CD this weekend for, like, 25 cents, never having listened to the band ever.  I was transported back to the 90's for as long as I was able to bear it.