Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2110941 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #1905 on: November 24, 2009, 07:07:09 pm »
this isn't "what am i listening to", but "what could i be listening to": live shows from many Live Nation venues, bought through iTunes:

iTunes Got Live If You Want It

Looking for live recordings of your favorite concert performers? iTunes? new ?Live? section just might have what you want, especially if the show took place at a Live Nation venue.

Broken down into categories like ?Live In Rock,? ?Live Pop,? ?Live Country,? ?Live Singer/Songwriter? and ?Live Classical,? the section also features more artist-specific selections such as ?Pearl Jam Official 2006 Bootlegs,? ?Jason Mraz Live On Earth? and ?Michael Bublé Meets Madison Square Garden.?

There is also a special Live Nation section debuting today that features exclusive audio and video of shows that took place at the promotion company?s venues. Live Nation has wired many of its venues for the filming and recording of concerts and is now selling the finished products only through iTunes.

?We are thrilled to offer artists a new high-quality platform to share the magic of their live shows with their fans,? said Live Nation president and CEO Michael Rapino.

Some of the titles in the Live Nation section of iTunes' new Live division include ?OK Go Live At the Fillmore New York At Irving Plaza? ($7.99), ?Saving Abel Live At The House Of Blues? ($7.99) and ?Hilary Duff Live At Gibson Amphitheatre August 15, 2007? ($9.99).

Some films can even be rented, meaning the downloads time out and cease playing 30 days after you rent it or 24 hours after you begin playing it, depending on which comes first.

http://pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2009/11/24/699191.aspx
<sig>

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #1906 on: November 25, 2009, 03:59:20 am »
Currently listening to the new Zoot Woman album, and I'm shoe-ing it in for Top 10 albums of the year. Do you like really well put together, smart pop music? Oh, yeah? You'll love it.
Woof.

brennser

« Reply #1907 on: November 25, 2009, 10:47:23 am »
another random emusic download thats turning out to be really quite good in a hippy dippy retro kind of way

imbecile

« Reply #1908 on: November 25, 2009, 11:11:40 am »
another random emusic download thats turning out to be really quite good in a hippy dippy retro kind of way

I saw them last Monday at the Black Cat.  tix were a wedding present, so I went in knowing nothing about him, other than the single "home" which is all over the place.

Nevertheless, I wasn't too terribly into it, not because it was bad, more because it was just all over the place and inconsistent, being that I didn't know it.  Nevertheless, the sold out crowd there seemed to really love it.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1909 on: November 30, 2009, 10:21:53 am »
Very Cool indeed

Strummerville Summer Sessions 2009

http://soundcloud.com/strummerville

Strummerville is a registered charity that aims to create new opportunities for aspiring musicians.

Set up by the friends and family of Joe Strummer in the year after his death, the charity seeks to reflect Joe's unique contribution to the music world by offering support, resources and performance opportunities to artists who would not normally have access to them.
T.Rex

Barcelona

« Reply #1910 on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:22 am »
Listening to Water Here and Everybody Hurts (better than the original) by Bodies of Water. Excellent!

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1911 on: December 01, 2009, 09:44:56 am »
their song Darling Be Here is in constant rotation in my ipod.....I miss seeing them!

Listening to Water Here and Everybody Hurts (better than the original) by Bodies of Water. Excellent!
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1912 on: December 07, 2009, 04:32:35 pm »
new smashing pumpkins: http://www.spinner.com/2009/12/07/smashing-pumpkins-a-song-for-a-sun-song-premiere/

decent radio fodder: pseudo-introspective lyrics, mournful piano intro/outro, bombastic solo (vaguely reminiscent of what slash would do), 70's-style wall of guitar.  i'm not a fan of the vocal sound, too forward and dry.

guaranteed aggravate the corgan-haters.  this song will do nothing to rekindle your lost love of the pumpkins.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #1913 on: December 11, 2009, 01:22:28 pm »
New Liars track

Kind of a Nick Cave thing going on in it.

I like.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1914 on: December 11, 2009, 02:12:58 pm »

sade's new single, "soldier of love".

a reggae jam with a military beat and scratchy guitar punches.  LOVE IT.  as sexy as always.

new album out on feb 9.  i soooooooooo hope that she tours behind it.
<sig>

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1915 on: December 11, 2009, 03:47:04 pm »
Arpline "Fold up like a piece of paper"

http://hypem.com/#/track/977057/ArpLine+-+Fold+Up+Like+A+Piece+Of+Paper

Sounds like Animal Collective crashing into Wolfmother
‼‼?‼‼

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1916 on: December 12, 2009, 11:19:02 am »
Ruffa Lane's  (Lucky Soul's label) Christmas EP

http://soundcloud.com/ruffa-lane/sets/ruffa-round-the-christmas-tree
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #1917 on: December 12, 2009, 02:14:58 pm »
John Fahey - Fair Forward Voyagers
احمد

eltee

« Reply #1918 on: December 22, 2009, 12:52:02 pm »

Limited Edition: Lost Songs from the Lost Years (2009)
Cloud Cult is proud to announce the release of a new special collection of previously unreleased songs from the past 15 years. These limited edition CDs are hand numbered and are available only on the Cloud Cult website. Although Cloud Cult released a limited edition version of Lost Songs from the Lost Years in 2006, that album quickly sold out and has been unavailable since then.  The new edition of Lost Songs from the Lost Years includes a variety of songs that were not included in the previous edition.

Download now for $9.99 (includes artwork and liner notes) or choose to pay $12.49 plus shipping to own the CD (with this option you are also able to download the album immediately in addition to receiving the physical CD).

James Ford

« Reply #1919 on: December 22, 2009, 02:36:44 pm »
Between repeated requests from my daughter for "Frosty the Snowman", I'm listening to the new albums by the Watson Twins and Charlottle Gainsbourg. The women are starting off strong in 2010.

Also going through my top 100 of the decade list.