Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2110864 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #6465 on: December 28, 2016, 12:07:26 pm »

I found this one with no cover...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6466 on: December 28, 2016, 12:16:58 pm »
You should like write a book or something.

dyecraig

« Reply #6467 on: December 28, 2016, 01:09:21 pm »
p.i.l. - metal box super deluxe
it is.

hutch

« Reply #6468 on: December 28, 2016, 02:48:17 pm »

Every person should write at least one book.. not sure what I should write a book on though...

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6469 on: December 28, 2016, 03:03:07 pm »

Every person should write at least one book.. not sure what I should write a book on though...
Does anyone feel a TAN thread where we all submit names for Hutch's autobiography coming on? I'm getting, the, tingle.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #6470 on: December 28, 2016, 07:12:10 pm »
Joy Division- Closer

hutch

« Reply #6471 on: December 28, 2016, 07:42:29 pm »
anyone know who plays the synths on Closer?

hutch

« Reply #6472 on: December 29, 2016, 10:22:10 am »
A: Looks like largely Bernard Sumner...maybe Martin Hannett a bit too.

Space Freely

« Reply #6473 on: December 29, 2016, 05:12:15 pm »
Working With the Miles Davis Quartet. Perferct music for an afternoon of cleaning and scrubbing the house after an agonizing morning at the dentist on one of my vacation days.. Too bad my wife will probably come home and rip apart my job as inadequate.

hutch

« Reply #6474 on: December 29, 2016, 05:51:21 pm »
Working With the Miles Davis Quartet. Perferct music for an afternoon of cleaning and scrubbing the house after an agonizing morning at the dentist on one of my vacation days.. Too bad my wife will probably come home and rip apart my job as inadequate.

gee sounds like a great day.. sorry to hear that..

Quartet?

Miles did not cut many sessions in a "quartet" so that is certainly an interesting choice....

Space Freely

« Reply #6475 on: December 29, 2016, 06:45:49 pm »

Quartet?

Miles did not cut many sessions in a "quartet" so that is certainly an interesting choice....

Quintet. You are right, of course. I'm hardly an afficianado so of course it rolled off my tongue wrong.

Following that up with Round About Midnight and Someday My Prince Will Come.

My kid put in about ten minutes of work, quit, and insisted I turn my music off so she could watch tv. I sent her out of the room and told her to watch tv downstairs.

Cleaning is actually kind of fun when nobody bothers you or critiques your work. Time to take down the Xmas tree.

dyecraig

« Reply #6476 on: December 29, 2016, 07:02:50 pm »
75 dollar bill - wood/metal/plastic/pattern/rhythm/rock

Space Freely

« Reply #6477 on: December 29, 2016, 07:46:42 pm »

Quartet?

Quintet. You are right, of course. I'm hardly an afficianado so of course it rolled off my tongue wrong.

My kid put in about ten minutes of work, quit, and insisted I turn my music off so she could watch tv. I sent her out of the room and told her to watch tv downstairs.

Cleaning is actually kind of fun when nobody bothers you or critiques your work. Time to take down the Xmas tree.

And finishing it off with Kind of Blue and Milestones.

hutch

« Reply #6478 on: December 29, 2016, 10:56:49 pm »

Quartet?

And finishing it off with Kind of Blue and Milestones.

Kind of Blue is amazing.. I read an interesting book on it by Ashley Khan..

If you haven't read Miles' autobiography I recommend it...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6479 on: December 30, 2016, 10:58:19 am »
75 dollar bill - wood/metal/plastic/pattern/rhythm/rock

I seriously did not think the guy in the yellow shirt would come through, but in the end, he threw in a $10 bill!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwqcdgfK0Uw