Author Topic: What Are You Listening To?  (Read 2110875 times)

hutch

Re: What Are You Listening To?
« Reply #9345 on: April 27, 2021, 03:03:30 pm »
I have the original two lp issue with Sloan party

I got two of them to sign it at the Black Cat like 15 years ago.. still need the other two but stopped seeing them live or caring

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9346 on: April 28, 2021, 08:22:01 am »
yeah my last Sloan show was at their Twice Removed tour at the Blackcat, since then it was all mid week shows at Jammin Java and RNR Hotel and just not motivated to see them at the moment.  The upcoming Navy Blues tour could be worthwhile...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #9347 on: April 28, 2021, 08:49:04 am »
yeah my last Sloan show was at their Twice Removed tour at the Blackcat, since then it was all mid week shows at Jammin Java and RNR Hotel and just not motivated to see them at the moment.  The upcoming Navy Blues tour could be worthwhile...

Twice Removed from 1994???

That can’t be right can it

Yeah I just couldn’t get excited about seeing them the last few times.. the venues didn’t help

I don’t even have the last album...Sloan is a band I just lost excitement for a good while ago

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9348 on: April 28, 2021, 09:00:33 am »

Twice Removed from 1994???

That can’t be right can it

Yeah I just couldn’t get excited about seeing them the last few times.. the venues didn’t help

I don’t even have the last album...Sloan is a band I just lost excitement for a good while ago

sorry it was the Twice Removed anniversary tour where they played the album in full... that's what they have been doing mainly, which is why the Navy Blues anniversary tour would be of interest.  i always find that the drummers songs are a bit of drag...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #9349 on: April 28, 2021, 09:04:43 am »
Oh ok that makes sense..

hutch

« Reply #9350 on: April 28, 2021, 02:49:24 pm »
Unicorn

Right after DSOTM armed with cash David Gilmour set up a studio in his home..he heard a band he liked at a friend’s wedding , jammed with them, became friends and offered them some free studio time

Ended up producing album, got them a record contract, played on album...decades later got them the rights to their long forgotten music

Be like David Gilmour

Oh yeah they sound nothing like PF...it’s country rock

hutch

« Reply #9351 on: April 28, 2021, 08:18:38 pm »
The Sundays - Reading writing arithmetic

I was into these guys for little while in college

They just seemed to fade away

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9352 on: April 29, 2021, 06:57:57 am »
from what I can gather the Sunday's singer and guitar player have become intensely private people who are raising their children together.... if Wikipedia is be trusted they continue to work on music, which will probably never be heard by the public.  which is shame because their albums are always worth a revisit on a regular basis.

Tim Burgess relates who he once had a totally random encounter with them in a train station...
T.Rex

Yada

« Reply #9353 on: April 30, 2021, 09:54:13 am »

hutch

« Reply #9354 on: April 30, 2021, 09:59:07 am »
I want to see Matt Sweeney live again

The guy is like the Kevin bacon of indie

Yada

« Reply #9355 on: April 30, 2021, 10:04:49 am »
I want to see Matt Sweeney live again

The guy is like the Kevin bacon of indie

Same... I saw their first album tour at the Ottobar in I think 2005,was awesome...

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #9356 on: May 01, 2021, 04:31:15 pm »
RM Francis A Taxonomy of Guffaws

Very abstract electronics that manage to bring the funny once you get a sense of the aesthetic he's going for. Completely free download (not even any cookies).
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #9357 on: May 03, 2021, 09:33:40 am »
Brooke Combe - Are You With Me? (Live At Parr Street)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKIoZaGMU4M

Next buzzworthy Soul singer out of the UK here?  Produced by James Skelly of the Coral... and if she is the next Arlo Parks\Celeste, you heard it here first :p
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #9358 on: May 03, 2021, 09:37:34 am »
Well we definitely need the next Arlo Pork as her career is so over.. took her a week to sell out a closet... She’s had her 15 minutes

Bring on Broken Comb!

« Reply #9359 on: May 03, 2021, 10:22:34 am »
Broken Cow?
slack