Author Topic: Will there be champagne NEXT year?  (Read 5943 times)

aces

Will there be champagne NEXT year?
« on: January 01, 2012, 02:58:49 am »
We didn't get the promised champagne at the NYE show, and we didn't see anyone else getting any.  We've been to NYE at the club several times and seen how it worked.  Was the club offering a sneak preview of the Mitt Romney inaugural ball, or does $55 not buy what it used to?

thatguy

• Global Moderator
Re: Will there be champagne NEXT year?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 07:12:32 am »
there was champagne available tonight at every bar and a couple of other places around the club.  we also had people walking around with trays.  sorry you missed it, but it was there.   

notme

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 02:44:01 pm »
was it really Champagne or was it sparkling wine?

Yada

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 09:09:10 pm »
We didn't get the promised champagne at the NYE show, and we didn't see anyone else getting any.  We've been to NYE at the club several times and seen how it worked.  Was the club offering a sneak preview of the Mitt Romney inaugural ball, or does $55 not buy what it used to?

Do you really care about a cheap complimentary glass of bubbly?

wml7

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2012, 09:39:24 pm »
it was welch's grape juice  ;D

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 11:17:34 am »

Do you really care about a cheap complimentary glass of bubbly?

I doubt anyone cares too much about a glass of cheap champagne, but when it was advertised and part of what was being used to justify the jacked up ticket price, the club should have done a better job of trying to get it to people.

From my spot on the balcony rail, I didn't notice anyone that seemed to have it, or any people around with trays handing it out.  I know a bunch of people that were on the rail at the stage, and none of them got it.  If you guys were trying to hand it out, it seems like doing so from the barricade at the stage would have been about the most obvious and easiest way to get it to people.  Also, if people were supposed to just go the the bars to get it, why not announce that fact, particularly at a show when you had an announcer anyway.

It's hard to complain about anything when you guys do so much right, but if it really was your intention to get champagne to people, it could have been done much better.  If you are not going to put more effort into that part of it, why not just don't advertise a champagne toast and don't jack up the price of the new years show as much.  That would certainly be my preference.

twangirl

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:47:28 am »
the higher ticket price was not because of the champagne toast, it enabled us to have Booker T on the show.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 01:57:43 pm »
the higher ticket price was not because of the champagne toast, it enabled us to have Booker T on the show.

That's a good point that there was another name on the bill, but are you saying that it took an extra $20 per ticket to get Booker T to play? 

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2012, 02:08:51 pm »

That's a good point that there was another name on the bill, but are you saying that it took an extra $20 per ticket to get Booker T to play? 

price is always higher on NYE

so it should have been even higher with having Booker T, but we kept it to 55

I'm sure if someone didn't have champagne, and asked, we would've happily complied

hutch

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2012, 03:04:03 pm »
you're all mixing things up.. i don't think the champagne toast not being distributed has anything to do with booker t..

i'd love to have seen booker t jones (although when i saw him at the club with the mgs i found it a bit boring much to my surprise) but i'd still want my glass of bubbley and i don't think i should have to chase one down at the bar although I would have!!!! ;D..  the last NYE i spent at club people definitely distributed it.

does the club have champagne available regularly at the bars?  They should have it on draft.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 03:11:51 pm by hutch »

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »
well at the very least it should have been made very clear how to get it

we like to deliver what we promise

MindCage

• Mindless Faith
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 10:38:30 am »

On NYE easily that much if not more. I think I've seen when Booker T plays the club as his own gig it's $35.
3MTA3

James Ford

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 11:00:07 am »
But that's when he's playing a headlining gig.

I wasn't there but from what I've read, Saturday night he played with Drive By Truckers, and they did five of his songs within their set. He played no separate set.

On NYE easily that much if not more. I think I've seen when Booker T plays the club as his own gig it's $35.

Driveway

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 06:27:04 pm »
well at the very least it should have been made very clear how to get it

we like to deliver what we promise

This probably would have required additional convenience fees.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:28:56 pm by Driveway »

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 12:16:42 pm »
must have been a "great show" if you are bitching about no champagne.