Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3243814 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6330 on: February 07, 2016, 10:28:26 pm »
so . . . what's on tap for your super bowl?

mine is as follows,

growler of troegs nugget nectar and a growler of victory 20th anniversary ipa or Deschutes red chair nwpa.

Sneaky Pete and The Public.

hutch

« Reply #6331 on: February 07, 2016, 11:03:29 pm »
they had yuengling back in stock today...

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #6332 on: February 08, 2016, 01:40:10 pm »

mine is as follows,

growler of troegs nugget nectar and a growler of victory 20th anniversary ipa or Deschutes red chair nwpa.

Got a growler of Ocelot Talking Backwards and it further justifies that they might be the best brewery in the DMV right now.

brennser

« Reply #6333 on: February 08, 2016, 02:39:22 pm »
Hit up Aslin Brewing in Herndon yesterday - of you like hazy, hoppy NE style IPAs I'd strongly recommend you check it out

Space Freely

« Reply #6334 on: February 08, 2016, 03:05:01 pm »

mine is as follows,

Got a growler of Ocelot Talking Backwards and it further justifies that they might be the best brewery in the DMV right now.

We had planned on going there this past weekend for the specific reason of trying that beer. Didn't make it out, but definitely this weekend.

Space Freely

« Reply #6335 on: February 08, 2016, 03:09:31 pm »
Hit up Aslin Brewing in Herndon yesterday - of you like hazy, hoppy NE style IPAs I'd strongly recommend you check it out

Haven't been yet, but have been reading the raves on Beer Advocate about them...will have to make it there soon.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 03:27:08 pm by Space Freely »

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #6336 on: February 08, 2016, 03:53:43 pm »

mine is as follows,

We had planned on going there this past weekend for the specific reason of trying that beer. Didn't make it out, but definitely this weekend.

It was "sort of" on the way to Great Beginnings, had to make the trip worthwhile  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6337 on: February 08, 2016, 10:05:25 pm »

mine is as follows,

a growler of Victory's Hop Ranch, FW Pivo Pils, and New Belgium Citradelica.  beer was easily better than the game.
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #6338 on: February 09, 2016, 10:13:21 am »
Thought I was going to get to invite you guys to join me for this, but alas, I can't make it. Already has everything on the list (except maybe the unlisted bottle pours), but I'd drink some of them again if I had the chance...

Space Freely

« Reply #6339 on: February 09, 2016, 10:18:07 am »
There's also a Crooked Stave tap takeover today at Churchkey if sours are more your thing.

Space Freely

« Reply #6340 on: February 09, 2016, 02:38:57 pm »
Thought I was going to get to invite you guys to join me for this, but alas, I can't make it. Already has everything on the list (except maybe the unlisted bottle pours), but I'd drink some of them again if I had the chance...

"We have several surprises for tonight: #1 @GooseIsland Brewer Di is bringing a small amount of 2015 Proprietor's for bottle pours."

Space Freely

« Reply #6341 on: February 09, 2016, 02:58:00 pm »
Hypeslam starting to hit town.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6342 on: February 09, 2016, 03:06:37 pm »
Hypeslam starting to hit town.
It's from Michigan, I do approve. Supposedly a week from today in RVA.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #6343 on: February 09, 2016, 08:08:45 pm »
More expensive beer coming our way. This from Cascade:

"Exciting news! We are working with distributors to bring Cascade sours to the following states: Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC & Wisconsin. We will announce details when we have them!"

« Reply #6344 on: February 10, 2016, 09:21:13 am »
interested in checking out New District Brewing Co, but can't make it out to S. Arlington on a Saturday (but are near DuPont during the week)

Details are thin, but they just posted:
New District Brewing Company

New District Nation - Cove is hosting us at their South Dupont location on tomorrow, February 11. We're very excited to check out their space and serve some brews.

Cove is temp workspaces...not sure what it has to do with beer?
Not sure if the beer is free since it's not a bar??

Related...I had their Chocolate Pilsner...meh.  But "the first time' imperial porter was very good.  Also, the lines are finally bearable (first 3 Saturdays it was a 45 min wait to get a beer)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 09:24:25 am by Sidehatch ★ |̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅| ❄️ »
slack