Author Topic: 9:30 Club Sues Over Subsidies for Planned Live Nation Venue in Silver Spring  (Read 36618 times)

atomicfront

To me this is like if you had a reservation through open table and then you get a call from the restaurant saying they can't accomodate you but you have to pay 10 bucks processing.   Or you order a book through Amazon and they find out they don't have it in stock and they cancel your order and make you pay 10 dollars conveince fee.

Ticketing is scam.  You can't return the tickets.  You pay outragous fees.  There should be a set price and whatever the deal that the venue pays to the ticketing system  is their business.  I don't need to know what it is.  And when you cancel an event give me my money back.  All of it. 

i am gay and i like cats

To me this is like if you had a reservation through open table and then you get a call from the restaurant saying they can't accomodate you but you have to pay 10 bucks processing.   Or you order a book through Amazon and they find out they don't have it in stock and they cancel your order and make you pay 10 dollars conveince fee.

Ticketing is scam.  You can't return the tickets.  You pay outragous fees.  There should be a set price and whatever the deal that the venue pays to the ticketing system  is their business.  I don't need to know what it is.  And when you cancel an event give me my money back.  All of it. 

if all of that happened . . . people would stop using the service and the service would stop doing that or go away.  people can't stop going to concerts.  they are slaves to music.  ticket companies know nobody will DO anything about it, except bitch, and keep using the service . . . thus, they aren't going to stop.  the government has been using this tactic for years.

Frank Gallagher

if all of that happened . . . people would stop using the service and the service would stop doing that or go away.  people can't stop going to concerts.  they are slaves to music.  ticket companies know nobody will DO anything about it, except bitch, and keep using the service . . . thus, they aren't going to stop.  the government has been using this tactic for years.

Actually....I stopped going to shows due to getting raped everytime I bought a ticket. Now I live in live concert wasteland so it's not even a temptation.

slappy

Re: 9:30 Club Sues Over Subsidies for Planned Live Nation Venue in Silver Spring
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2013, 04:17:31 pm »
This is slander, Live Nation would never screw over anyone.

"But two years after Blige took the stage that first night, the wait continues for the Fillmore?s stakeholders to deliver on some of the commitments they made to win the right to operate the publicly financed facility."

"Montgomery County and Live Nation, the $5.8 billion live entertainment giant, have held just one of a required 72 free or discounted community events at the venue to date, and have yet to agree on terms for the staging of a charitable auction that is supposed to take place annually."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/the-fillmore-in-the-spotlight/2013/09/06/9473c2a2-08eb-11e3-9941-6711ed662e71_story.html

Thousand Made-Up Loves

Re: 9:30 Club Sues Over Subsidies for Planned Live Nation Venue in Silver Spring
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2013, 04:51:24 pm »
Nice going, Montgomery County. You get what you deserve.

At least the Fillmore wasn't named "Most Hopeful" venue.

azaghal1981

« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2013, 05:13:51 pm »
Hmm I think some friends played that one community event if it is the one I am thinking of. It was a Sonic Circuits show.

Edit: Nevermind.

This is slander, Live Nation would never screw over anyone.

"But two years after Blige took the stage that first night, the wait continues for the Fillmore?s stakeholders to deliver on some of the commitments they made to win the right to operate the publicly financed facility."

"Montgomery County and Live Nation, the $5.8 billion live entertainment giant, have held just one of a required 72 free or discounted community events at the venue to date, and have yet to agree on terms for the staging of a charitable auction that is supposed to take place annually."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/capitalbusiness/the-fillmore-in-the-spotlight/2013/09/06/9473c2a2-08eb-11e3-9941-6711ed662e71_story.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:22:22 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

stevewizzle

« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2013, 05:33:40 pm »
was the free show the icelandic festival?  with of monsters and men? 

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2013, 05:39:59 pm »
Aren't EDM community shows? It gets the bros off the streets
T.Rex

Giles

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2013, 04:21:02 pm »
Nice going, Montgomery County. You get what you deserve.

At least the Fillmore wasn't named "Most Hopeful" venue.

I could count the number of shows I've seen at the Fillmore on one hand, none of the bands they book remotely interest me and on the whole I find it a disappointment. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2013, 07:18:25 pm »
blast from the past threads . . . are the best

notme

« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2013, 10:03:16 pm »
the fillmore in Miami beach has to 50 tickets for $10 for every show to any mb resident who is senior citizen or student.

Kubacheck

blast from the past threads . . . are the best

true..... and all this time later, I still haven't been to a show there.....

i am gay and i like cats

i went once, it was ok, but their beer selection, was horrible, but since i dont drink anymore, i have to admit, i enjoy the fact there is a very nice hotel literally a block away, which is nice.