Author Topic: Stone Roses reunion rumors surface again  (Read 22293 times)

hutch

Re: Stone Roses reunion rumors surface again
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 09:50:52 am »
 "We are going to rule the world again. It's happening."
                                                               Ian Brown

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 09:59:23 am »
Is this the filthy lucre because the bitch bled me dry tour?

the bigger issue will if ian and co. and can tour the us or not...
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 10:13:53 am »
its always about the benjamins... in any case according to NME at the press conference:

So it's official: there will be two shows at Manchester's Heaton Park on June 29th and 30th, followed by a world tour. And the best bit? The Stone Roses will be playing NEW SONGS!

James Ford

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 10:19:29 am »
I don't actually think I know anybody who is a Stones Roses fan, but I always imagine their fans must be pretty douchey themselves to put up with this band of douchebags. Am I totally wrong? Or am I confusing them with Oasis?

bearman🐻

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 10:39:24 am »
Douchey? I'm a Roses fan. I'm as fresh as a daisy, but no douche use here. But thanks very much for caring enough to ask.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 10:41:40 am »
i'm a stone roses fan, if douche means owning several versions of their first album, then so be it...
T.Rex

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 10:45:47 am »
Another Roses fan who's also fresh as a summers eve.

Not sure I need them to reunite though....could be a complete train wreck, and ruin the whole 'Roses thing' for me. Besides, Stone Roses are Ian Brown and some musicians. Ian Browns 'solo' stuff is just as good.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 10:49:41 am »

I'm looking forward to this SO much!  It could be the most hilariously awful thing ever!  A band with ONE good album that sounds more dated and overrated with every passing second?   A "singer" who REALLY can't sing?  Comically dated fashion ("Reni bucket hat!")  20+ years of swearing they'd NEVER reform the original line-up?  I'm just looking forward to how Ian Brown can deny it's not about the money.  I never thought in my lifetime I'd see a more pathetic reunion, but I was wrong Sex Pistols.  I was WRONG!

Brian

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2011, 10:51:24 am »
well for me their john squire, a crack rhythm section and a brilliant producer who managed to capture a mediocre singer in tune once in awhile :) 
T.Rex

Papa_Wallace

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2011, 10:55:22 am »

I'm looking forward to this SO much!  It could be the most hilariously awful thing ever!  A band with ONE good album that sounds more dated and overrated with every passing second?   A "singer" who REALLY can't sing?  Comically dated fashion ("Reni bucket hat!")  20+ years of swearing they'd NEVER reform the original line-up?  I'm just looking forward to how Ian Brown can deny it's not about the money.  I never thought in my lifetime I'd see a more pathetic reunion, but I was wrong Sex Pistols.  I was WRONG!

Brian

Sorry kids. I tried to catch Mr. Fussy Pants before he could post. Somebody is going to be mowing my lawn when he comes by the house. If he keeps it up I'll be heading right back to Hot Topic to return his birthday presents.

Papa

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2011, 10:56:56 am »
Thanks B_W for proving JF's point that roses fans are douches.... IMHO that album is as fresh as both Frank and Bearman combined.

BTW, I'll bet you opined that a James reunion was pathetic, and they of course came back and destroyed

and for the record, that second record also stands the test of time, it was certainly years before every other British rock band got infatuated with Led  Zep.  Of course it was a disappoint for all us douche roses fans when it was released, but it's definitely worth the revisit.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:59:52 am by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex

bearman🐻

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2011, 11:20:25 am »
Reni and Gary are indeed a solid rhythm section. Incredible musicians. John Squire was the Jimmy Page of the mid-90's that most people never had a chance to see in person, but I did and I can attest to his incredible talent and craft. Ian Brown is hit or miss and the one wild card in this reunion. But I'll bet they'll do a great job. I'm A-OK with all of this.

bearman🐻

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2011, 11:22:26 am »
"Second Coming" isn't a disaster. It would be so much better respected if the band had a chance to release a couple more LP's. That nonsense with Silvertone Records really took the wind out of their sails (and sales). There's still a slew of great singles and b-sides they did too.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:26:19 am by bearman »

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2011, 11:24:43 am »

Where's that clip from "Shaun of the Dead?"

Brian

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2011, 11:26:01 am »
This is awesome news! I remember seeing John Squire with the Seahorses and thinking that was pretty awesome (as I figured a Roses reunion was never happening). Ive always liked him much better than Ian Brown who Ive seen a few times.

I still think those albums hold the test of time - and the intro on breaking into heaven. its still as great as the first time i heard it.

Kasabian did make a whole career using the same exact sound. It seemd to work out quite well for them. Lets hope the Stone Roses still sound as great.
HeyLa