Author Topic: META: Can we have a serious discussion about shutting down Just Announced?  (Read 29658 times)

If there's anything I have a staunch, unblemished record on this board for, it's not knowing what gender anyone is. Ask xneverwherex.
with a girly name like that...its understandable  ;D
slack

Yada

Wait... Julian isn't female?

ggw

I don't see anyone talking about anything called Julian's America. 

Uhh...
ShowlistDC relies on the JA thread for a lot

I'm a big fan of the JA thread

And showlist is not a "he".
If there's anything I have a staunch, unblemished record on this board for, it's not knowing what gender anyone is. Ask xneverwherex.

So you're saying that you have gender identity disorder?

atomic

1.  It is a list of shows.  It doesn't need to be fancy.

2.  How do you know it doesn't get a lot of hits?  Do you have access to the analytics of the website? 

3.  Have you looked at other showlist pages?  They are about the same.  http://showlistaustin.com/ A list of shows.

4.  Before showlistDC came around, I used to have to visit around 10 to 20 different venue pages every week to see what was happening.  Now I can go to one site.  I am so glad she started doing her website.  It and showspace are two of the most valuable tools for keeping track of all of the shows in this area.

#4 All you had to do was come to this thread.

#3 That Austin site does look awful. 

hutch

yeah lets stop cluttering up the board with discussions about upcoming concerts and focus more on baby shopping and retirement plans..

PUKE

atomic

yeah lets stop cluttering up the board with discussions about upcoming concerts and focus more on baby shopping and retirement plans..

PUKE

Sounds good.  Where do I sign up?

Hexenjagd

atomic, that would not have worked for me since maybe a tenth of all of the shows in this area are "announced" here. 

dave24

I look at Just Announced almost daily.  I'm pretty on it as far as knowing what's going on around town - but sometimes someone posts something noteworthy I didn't know about.  It's pretty much the first reason I click on the forum.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
the fact that so many of you are taking Julian's suggestion of killing Just Announced seriously, and engaging in a debate about it, is fucking hilarious.

c'mon folks.  pull it together, see the joke, and stop feeding the troll.
<sig>

atomic

atomic, that would not have worked for me since maybe a tenth of all of the shows in this area are "announced" here. 

So what you are stating is 'Just Announced" is worthless and should be shut-down?

Hexenjagd

I am saying it is one of many tools that a person could use to plan their live-music adventures.  It is not a complete picture of what is happening in DC or Baltimore on any given day. 

Ardamus

• Ardamus
Wait... Julian isn't female?

I got confused too by his feminine tendencies. This thread is making me go back to calling him Julie again.

stevewizzle

what will happen to the commentary thread when JA is shutdown?