Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3245419 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #3000 on: July 08, 2013, 01:34:27 pm »
Yada, is that you on the left or right?

stevewizzle

« Reply #3001 on: July 08, 2013, 01:36:46 pm »
The popularity of sours is a passing fad. Like it or not, the popularity of IPA's are here to stay.

I guess this means people don't have minds of their own and blindly follow what other do.  Sad. 

this week, in scumbag atomicfront...

the lumineers and of monster of men are very popular, you must have bad taste in music.

a lot of people like IPAs? sad they don't have a mind of their own.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3002 on: July 08, 2013, 01:54:46 pm »
The popularity of sours is a passing fad. Like it or not, the popularity of IPA's are here to stay.

I guess this means people don't have minds of their own and blindly follow what other do.  Sad. 

the lumineers and of monster of men are very popular, you must have bad taste in music.

yeah, that occurred to me recently: he justifies his musical tastes by saying "my bands are popular, lots of people like them"... but when it comes to beer, if you drink anything popular you don't have a mind of your own.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #3003 on: July 08, 2013, 02:02:16 pm »
And if you don't like Willie Nelson, I aint got no good thoughts for ya!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3004 on: July 08, 2013, 02:10:59 pm »
pot  versus  beer  ?

Yada

« Reply #3005 on: July 08, 2013, 02:20:44 pm »
Yada, is that you on the left or right?

dude on the left.  ;D

pot  versus  beer  ?

beer that tastes like good pot.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #3006 on: July 08, 2013, 02:34:22 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3007 on: July 08, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »
http://www.today.com/entertainment/actor-chris-pratt-ditches-beer-6-months-shows-results-6C10566691

stop drinking beer . . . look like that guy. 

yeah, smoke pot instead... that'll get you a ripped body (pass the doritos, and what's on TV dude? ;D)
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #3008 on: July 08, 2013, 02:54:45 pm »

No I never said that all.  I only defended my opinion when people said that my taste in music is so terrible. As for IPA's I don't have any problem with people liking them.  But at least like good ones.  Whenever every craft breweries most popular brew is an IPA that is what I am taking exception to.  When someone puts out a shitty IPA but actually makes decent brews in a different variety that doesn't sell a quarter of what the shitty IPA sells.

For example Dogfish Head awesome IPA. Flying Dog Raging Bitch shitty IPA.  

atomicfront

« Reply #3009 on: July 08, 2013, 02:55:24 pm »

James Ford

« Reply #3010 on: July 08, 2013, 03:10:21 pm »
I think you're comparing apples to oranges when you compare 60 Minutes to Raging Bitch.

The first is an American style IPA, the second is a Belgian IPA. The correct comparison you want is 60 Minutes vs. Snake Dog.

And all three of them fall well short of fantastic.

atomicfront

« Reply #3011 on: July 08, 2013, 03:23:25 pm »
I like how the beer you are always going on and on about says to drink it out of the can.

James Ford

« Reply #3012 on: July 08, 2013, 03:26:20 pm »
I pour it into the proper glassware. I'd never drink from a can or a bottle.

See, I think for myself.

I like how the beer you are always going on and on about says to drink it out of the can.

vansmack

« Reply #3013 on: July 08, 2013, 06:08:54 pm »
really?!?  were you held hostage on some sort of brewery tour?!? ;D

When it comes to women, clearly my hypocrisy knows no boundaries.  Her family lives outside of Fort Collins and wine tasting in the area seemed like a really bad idea.  I figured the worst that could happen is that I could just eat a bunch of fried food.  WRONG.  Turns out in CO if you have tasting, you can't serve food.  So I just drank a bunch of beer.

sounds awesome.  taste anything good?

I took a photo at every place we went with the list of beers they were tasting.  Some were good, some were bad.  I tend to avoid wheat based beers for health reasons, had some decent IPA's, some really nice nut-brown ale's, liked New Belgian and Equinox the most, didn't quite understand Funkwerks though their collaboration was nice, and would like to be part of the "beer naming group" at Big Beaver.

Nice. Any favorites among that bunch? Good for you that you were in Fort Collins and hit those and skipped Anheiser Busch.

Miller would have been tempting, AB was not.  Was told that there's a difference between "Coors" and "Banquet Coors" though, which I think is BS.

As far as favorites, it's hard to say.  I knew when I had a beer I didn't like, that's for sure.  At New Belgian I really liked the 1554, Sunshine and Rolle Bolle.  At Funkwerks the aforementioned Fort Collins Collaboration 2013.  At Equinox the Flux Capacitator, Cumulis Wit and whatever their nut brown was called.  At Big Beaver, the names are all awesome, and I liked the Beaver Crew English Pale, Bust-a-Nut Brown Ale and the Big Woody 3.0 Ale. 

Denver/Fort Collins/ Boulder/ Rocky Mountain National Park is our likely family vacation destination in 2014. For the hiking of course. Wouldn't want to be one of those guys who plans a vacation based on beer.

I go there 2-3 times a year these days and have enjoyed myself every time.  I prefer late spring and late summer as I'm not a snow guy.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3014 on: July 08, 2013, 06:09:49 pm »

Oh yeah, and this.  Sours are terrible.
27>34