Author Topic: Live Nation: Walmartizing the concert industry...  (Read 7067 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Live Nation: Walmartizing the concert industry...
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2024, 05:18:35 pm »
I think Seth should let all local bands swim in that secret swimming pool for one hour a year like they let the staff in Caddyshack. It just might fix everything.
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2024, 06:03:15 pm »
I mean there are local bands all the time. One of my favorites is Outer Body Llama and I have announced their shows here like 10 times and not once has anybody expressed interest by or expressed anything  actually. They usually play three hour shows of original material with no cover and ten people show up.

If you want local bands you got to go see them. Just whining about the local scene sucking doesn’t do anything.

Maybe we need a local bands thread where people hype up local band shows?

« Last Edit: May 08, 2024, 06:09:38 pm by Hutch »

Hutch

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2024, 06:20:40 pm »
I think Seth should let all local bands swim in that secret swimming pool for one hour a year like they let the staff in Caddyshack. It just might fix everything.

I think when new order played last they shared a picture of themselves at the pool so wasn’t a secret to me….

Space Freely

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2024, 06:47:49 pm »

I think when new order played last they shared a picture of themselves at the pool so wasn’t a secret to me….

Not really interested in the New Order pool pics, but do you think Maggie Rogers, Laufey, or Janelle Monae will be sharing their pool pics?

Hutch

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2024, 07:06:49 pm »
I think it’s very unusual for anybody to share pool pics. In the case of new order I think it was just a pic of the pool.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2024, 07:31:29 pm »

Well it’s secret to most people. You obvious are a man who is “in the know.”
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #51 on: Today at 08:15:34 am »
The algorithms just delivered these extremely relevant links to my feed:

https://www.listenlocalfirst.com/
https://www.dcmusiccensus.org/