Author Topic: Fillmore SS Shows  (Read 127269 times)

notme

Re: Fillmore SS Shows
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2011, 03:31:28 pm »
if you need a job, fillmore ss is having a job fair today and tomorrow.

DotTheEyes

« Reply #76 on: August 08, 2011, 12:26:36 pm »

Just kidding.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #77 on: August 08, 2011, 01:48:37 pm »
Wow. The screen had cut off your "Just kidding" remark, had to scroll down to see it.

Cold. Fucking cold.

hutch

« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2011, 02:06:51 pm »
allright who is going to work there?

we need a mole..

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2011, 05:09:56 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

stevewizzle

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2011, 02:33:27 pm »
When will this place ever sell out a show?  It looks as though they are pricing the ticket at the level scalpers would for 9:30 shows, even w/o any openers announced for a lot of their major acts. MJB for $100+ (no opener), John Legend for $80 (no opener), Bush+Chevelle (lol) for $50. There just is no appeal to me whatsoever.

I cant see this place succeeding in the short term, but I fear for the time when big acts are pulled every now and then from venues like 9:30 to FSS for a higher payout. 

notme

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2011, 02:39:50 pm »
they have sold out mjb, louis black and the dude from phish. hopefully the nitrous mafia will welcome the fillmore to dc.

Yada

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2011, 02:40:31 pm »
When will this place ever sell out a show?  It looks as though they are pricing the ticket at the level scalpers would for 9:30 shows, even w/o any openers announced for a lot of their major acts. MJB for $100+ (no opener), John Legend for $80 (no opener), Bush+Chevelle (lol) for $50. There just is no appeal to me whatsoever.

I cant see this place succeeding in the short term, but I fear for the time when big acts are pulled every now and then from venues like 9:30 to FSS for a higher payout. 

Until they have relevant acts that aren't crappy alternative bands from the 90's or washed up R+B acts, the place will never sell out.

It's going to take some indie darling act that gets sucked away from DAR to the Fillmore to sell it out.

stevewizzle

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:22 pm »
they have sold out mjb, louis black and the dude from phish. hopefully the nitrous mafia will welcome the fillmore to dc.

didn't realize they sold out. they dont list the shows as sold out on their site. 

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2011, 03:40:46 pm »
for the opening night MJB show i'm wondering what percentage of the crowd is the paying public, vs. friends of Leggett, members of MoCo council, LN croonies, etc.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2011, 03:51:07 pm »

didn't realize they sold out. they dont list the shows as sold out on their site. 

Quite surprised Trey sold out, but that's good news. Didn't sell out the 930 the last time he was there until a day or two before the show and then the place was empty due to the blizzard.

Sir HC

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2011, 04:55:55 pm »

Because you probably can still get tickets via their "secondary market".

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2011, 05:14:38 pm »
I cant see this place succeeding in the short term

they got a $4.5 million dollar hand-out from the county.  they don't have to worry about filling the place. 

"What bottom line?!?"
- LN spokeperson, when asked about the FSS's profitability
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2011, 05:17:41 pm »
the prices they are charging for tickets are very high but evidently its not keeping people away.. trey sold out and his price was about what phish charges..Trey's price was high. I'm still wondering how many tickets are they selling.. is it 1200 or 2000?

i think the Fillmore is tapping into a new market out there in MOntgomery County.. people who don't want to come into DC and are looking forward to what they see as a "low hassle/no danger" opportunity to see concerts in a small venue... other than the Fillmore what do they have? Merriwether is far, the Strathmore is for classical music or something...