Author Topic: Fillmore SS Shows  (Read 127256 times)

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
Re: Fillmore SS Shows
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2011, 01:08:07 am »
so you'll actually be going then?

James Ford

« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2011, 06:17:06 am »
Their bio says they've had a female lead singer since 2007. Is that the surprise?

for the certain crowd, of many generation old . . . little feat is a rare, awesome surprise!

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2011, 07:11:12 am »
How is Little Feat rare or awesome? 

Re: awesome - Yes, they put out some good records many decades ago, but have they done anything relevant since?  Plus, the main creative force behind the band's good period is dead and replaced by some lame new front person.  I think there are few other original members left.  I don't see how that could be awesome even for old people.

Re: rare - I don't pay attention to them, but I think they show up at places like the Birchmere all the time.  They must play live often because I'm sure they don't make their money selling records these days.  I did see Little Feat for a bit a couple of years ago because they were playing at a small waterfront festival in Alexandria that we went to for other reasons (activities for kids).  That festival was either free of cost a couple of dollars to get into.  and I heard a bit of Little Feat and it sucked, and not that many people were even watching it. 

Also, fatskippy, while the 9:30 does get some of what you could call the flavor of the month, if you think that term accurately sums up 9:30's booking, then you know very little about music.

fatskippy

« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2011, 08:19:07 am »
Also, fatskippy, while the 9:30 does get some of what you could call the flavor of the month, if you think that term accurately sums up 9:30's booking, then you know very little about music.

I'm not summing up anything.  9:30 Club gets some great acts, they also get some acts infinitely more lame than Little Feat.  Have fun at the Bangles.

James Ford

« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2011, 08:28:03 am »
Owl City and two nights of Matt Nathanson

.  9:30 Club gets some great acts, they also get some acts infinitely more lame than Little Feat. .

hutch

« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2011, 08:32:57 am »
I think Little Feat is a pretty poor pull for their first NYE.. Its actually a typical State Theatre show...

So far the Fillmore seems to be cornering the market on has beens...

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2011, 09:14:34 am »
Oh, please. Little Feat is no jewel in FSS's tarnished crown. They just want you to think they are and hope that you suckered up enough to pay for over-priced tickets. Seems they play the Bottle & Cork about once a year and that place is small. Only look at their calendar occasionally or when I drive by because they never ever book anything I have the slightest interest in seeing. Though I know they have their fans, I could never stand Little Feat. Their music makes me seasick. Sounds like it was pressed on the disc off-center. Music for drunken old farts.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2011, 10:34:52 am »

I'm not summing up anything.  9:30 Club gets some great acts, they also get some acts infinitely more lame than Little Feat.  Have fun at the Bangles.

You said "most of what rolls through the 9:30,"  sounds like summing it up to me. 

Based on the booking of the Fillmore thus far, I might end there once or twice a year versus ending up at the 9:30 club 25 to 30 times a year.  Hopefully they are not trying to target my demographic, because if they are, they suck at it.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2011, 10:36:46 am »
The way the SS Fillmore is going, I might never end up out there.

fatskippy

« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2011, 10:38:08 am »

You said "most of what rolls through the 9:30,"  sounds like summing it up to me. 

Based on the booking of the Fillmore thus far, I might end there once or twice a year versus ending up at the 9:30 club 25 to 30 times a year.  Hopefully they are not trying to target my demographic, because if they are, they suck at it.

I said most of the flavor of the month bands, which a lot of them are.  Was there any discussion when 9:30 booked Matt & Kim, one of the worst bands of all time?

Yada

« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2011, 10:43:20 am »

I have to say as a resident now of Silver Spring, I'm beyond disappointed in the shows there.

I was hoping I could make it at least once a month to a show there. Oh well...

James Ford

« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2011, 12:27:14 pm »
Now you have $70 more per month to spend on something else. I suggest my kid's 529 fund.

I have to say as a resident now of Silver Spring, I'm beyond disappointed in the shows there.

I was hoping I could make it at least once a month to a show there. Oh well...

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2011, 01:38:49 pm »
Depends. Does he like the Beatles?

James Ford

« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2011, 01:48:08 pm »
Everybody likes the Beatles, at least a little bit. Except for alt/indie rock loving assholes who think claiming they hate the Beatles makes them cool.

But she's more likely to sing along to a Trombone Shorty album than a Beatles album. Simpler lyrics.

Depends. Does he like the Beatles?

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #209 on: September 23, 2011, 01:53:43 pm »
I don't hate the Beatles because I think it makes me cool. I hate the fucking Beatles because I hate the fucking Beatles.