Author Topic: Fillmore SS Shows  (Read 127271 times)

gaaaaaaaaah

Re: Fillmore SS Shows
« Reply #330 on: November 30, 2011, 06:44:53 pm »
The Roots' 930 Club shows have been the very end of December the last few times, right? The Club booking DBT for the 29th-31st might be why they couldn't get the Roots this time.

hutch

« Reply #331 on: November 30, 2011, 06:47:46 pm »
yeah i thought 54 was the face value too..but of course when it comes to Fillmore show people add in all the fees and list that as the price. ::)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #332 on: November 30, 2011, 11:29:12 pm »
the panic shows are special.  you pay for special.

Yada

« Reply #333 on: December 01, 2011, 09:36:01 am »
the panic shows are special.  you pay for special.

Lol

Sir HC

« Reply #334 on: December 01, 2011, 01:24:05 pm »
I remember a couple years ago there was talk of enclosing the seated portion of Merriweather to allow it to have shows year-round.  I wonder if that is still being considered.  Seems like a great alternative to DAR, and somewhere I would much rather go for larger indoor shows, even with the longer commute to get there.

I think the shed in Camden, NJ (just across the river from Philly) might do this in the winter months.

Not on the table. The actual plan was to enclose, make it smaller, no outdoor shows and convert the parking lot into big box stores.  Went over like a lead balloon. 

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #335 on: December 01, 2011, 02:07:22 pm »
I pray to God I can weasel my way out of that Panic show.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #336 on: December 01, 2011, 03:13:33 pm »

i'm sorry . . . that might be the dumbest thing i've ever read.  if you don't want to go.  don't go.  if you hate the band.  hate them.  who cares.

Yada

« Reply #337 on: December 01, 2011, 06:04:04 pm »

i'm sorry . . . that might be the dumbest thing i've ever read.  if you don't want to go.  don't go.  if you hate the band.  hate them.  who cares.

I bet your partner is posting the same thing on another message board on the interwebz.

"My parnter is dragging me to a two night run to fucking acoustic Panic, can you believe it?? What the hell can I do to get out of it?"

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #338 on: December 01, 2011, 06:06:27 pm »

I bet your partner is posting the same thing on another message board on the interwebz.

"My parnter is dragging me to a two night run to fucking acoustic Panic, can you believe it?? What the hell can I do to get out of it?"

he is?  scandalous!

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #339 on: December 01, 2011, 07:26:47 pm »
Going with a friend who has tix and doesn't want to go alone. As a friend I said I would despite being ambivalent about the band. My preference would ne to stay home but I guess I do stupid shit fo my friends sometimes. At least I can now also proudly claim to have written the dumbest thing you've ever read.

hutch

« Reply #340 on: December 01, 2011, 07:31:56 pm »
Going with a friend who has tix and doesn't want to go alone. As a friend I said I would despite being ambivalent about the band. My preference would ne to stay home but I guess I do stupid shit fo my friends sometimes. At least I can now also proudly claim to have written the dumbest thing you've ever read.

dude I have done this with Widespread Panic shows... twice I think

Don't do it.... their shows go on forever with long intermissions.. you will be pulling your hair out at the beginning of the second set..

come up with something: "guess what.. I'm being sent to _____ by my work" .. anything..

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #341 on: December 01, 2011, 07:59:46 pm »
are the shows sold out?  find a hot chick (or whatever passes for one at a WSP show) who'll take his extra, and hook him up with a blind date.  voila!
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #342 on: December 01, 2011, 08:25:47 pm »
are the shows sold out?  find a hot chick (or whatever passes for one at a WSP show) who'll take his extra, and hook him up with a blind date.  voila!

I don't think they have women at their shows.. can't recall anyone except my spouse's cousin that I hooked up with a ticket..

Seriously its just guys getting drunk as fast as they can.. oh and they all go to both shows...essentially its always the same guys...

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #343 on: December 01, 2011, 09:25:03 pm »

This reminded me of how morbidly fascinating it was to look at the tickets section of NYC Craigslist and read all the ads of people trying to use their extra Radiohead ticket to get a date a couple months ago.

Regarding quoting the price of FSS tickets with fees included, do they even have any options for not paying the ticketmaster fees on their tickets?  At least 9:30 has that option, though you can't always use it if the show will be an instant sellout.

I think I saw that Flogging Molly tix for FSS are $38 after fees.  Is that in line with what their previous local shows have been?

notme

« Reply #344 on: December 02, 2011, 02:36:03 am »
will tanks be hissing and ballons poppin outside the panic shows?