Author Topic: COVID-19 2020  (Read 400634 times)

Space Freely

Re: COVID-19 2020
« Reply #2940 on: June 08, 2021, 11:12:10 am »
Space wasn't complaining about public policy. Space was complaining about other people's personal risk tolerance. Space was also complaining about the price of wine in NYC and his gradual hearing loss.

I thought public policy is that if you're fully vaccinated, you don't have to wear a mask indoors?

Yada

« Reply #2941 on: June 08, 2021, 11:13:04 am »
Space wasn't complaining about public policy. Space was complaining about other people's personal risk tolerance. Space was also complaining about the price of wine in NYC and his gradual hearing loss.

Hey, when Space is ready to move on, it's time to move on!!!!

He was bitching about people not wearing masks in giant open football fields less than a month ago, but now he's ready to drink $12 pints at craft beer bars in Brooklyn, so time to move on people!!!!

Space Freely

« Reply #2942 on: June 08, 2021, 11:20:49 am »

He was bitching about people not wearing masks in giant open football fields less than a month ago, but now he's ready to drink $12 pints at craft beer bars in Brooklyn, so time to move on people!!!!

The seven day average is down 65% from a month ago (probably 95%+ from a few months ago), and CDC guidance has changed in that time. You yourself were advocating for the option to go maskless if you're fully vaccinated. Are you now against vaccinated people having the option to go maskless indoors?

Yada

« Reply #2943 on: June 08, 2021, 11:23:50 am »

The seven day average is down 65% from a month ago (probably 95%+ from a few months ago), and CDC guidance has changed in that time. You yourself were advocating for the option to go maskless if you're fully vaccinated. Are you now against vaccinated people having the option to go maskless indoors?

I still wear masks indoors.

Space Freely

« Reply #2944 on: June 08, 2021, 11:28:12 am »

So do I, but I think the choice should be mine.

Do you also avoid eating indoors?

Yada

« Reply #2945 on: June 08, 2021, 11:29:35 am »

No, I've been supporting my local Wheaton establishments and dining indoors for months, but I don't complain about their rules they have in place.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2946 on: June 08, 2021, 11:31:19 am »
I'm beginning to think that you were really just annoyed with your former friend, and you're blaming COVID.

Space Freely

« Reply #2947 on: June 08, 2021, 11:34:00 am »

No, I've been supporting my local Wheaton establishments and dining indoors for months, but I don't complain about their rules they have in place.

And I wonder aloud why your local establishments create rules that don't follow CDC guidance.

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-lifts-indoor-mask-guidance-for-vaccinated-people-you-can-shed-your-mask-184707179.html

Yada

« Reply #2948 on: June 08, 2021, 11:36:20 am »
I'm beginning to think that you were really just annoyed with your former friend, and you're blaming COVID.

I'm guessing the guy doesn't even like Space and they were both drug along to brunch begrudgingly by their wives who they also both don't like.

Starsky

« Reply #2949 on: June 08, 2021, 11:37:47 am »
 ;D

Space Freely

« Reply #2950 on: June 08, 2021, 11:40:15 am »

I'm guessing the guy doesn't even like Space and they were both drug along to brunch begrudgingly by their wives who they also both don't like.

If you think my wife wants to go to brunch with people she doesn't know, you don't really know my wife's level of introvertedness.

It's possible the guy doesn't like me.  He said he hasn't had a conversation with his own brother for over five years "because we had a terrible time the last time we saw them." Though he was the one who reached out to me.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #2951 on: June 08, 2021, 11:41:30 am »
And I wonder aloud why your local establishments create rules that don't follow CDC guidance.

https://news.yahoo.com/cdc-lifts-indoor-mask-guidance-for-vaccinated-people-you-can-shed-your-mask-184707179.html

And I wonder why you think that CDC edicts are binding for local municipalities and private businesses.

Space Freely

« Reply #2952 on: June 08, 2021, 11:45:53 am »

And I wonder why you think that CDC edicts are binding for local municipalities and private businesses.

Were you cool with it when the governor of Florida and other Florida businesses were ignoring CDC edicts and making their own rules?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #2953 on: June 08, 2021, 11:48:45 am »
I think Florida and the like made the wrong decision, but I believe they should have the authority to do so. CDC should be (is?) in an advisory role.

Space Freely

« Reply #2954 on: June 08, 2021, 11:53:19 am »
I think Florida and the like made the wrong decision, but I believe they should have the authority to do so. CDC should be (is?) in an advisory role.

And I think local businesses have the right to make the wrong decision about requiring vaccinated people to wear masks.

Just as I have the right to bitch about their poor decision making skills. Just like I did (from afar) about Florida's bad decisions.