Author Topic: Another snow day  (Read 59710 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: Another snow day
« Reply #225 on: February 11, 2010, 04:52:03 pm »
i actually have some james ford endorsed founders centennial ipa for later

o/\o

James Ford

« Reply #226 on: February 11, 2010, 04:57:22 pm »

if it works for you, try the founders double trouble ipa. just became acquainted with that in the last couple of weeks. like the centennial, only a bit hoppier and a bit more alcoholic.

brennser

« Reply #227 on: February 11, 2010, 05:07:21 pm »
you know, this may be the first founders beer I wasn't crazy about - too 'grapefruity'

I am enjoying a dogfish head burton baton as we speak/type

if it works for you, try the founders double trouble ipa. just became acquainted with that in the last couple of weeks. like the centennial, only a bit hoppier and a bit more alcoholic.

lagas

« Reply #228 on: February 14, 2010, 07:14:07 pm »
a very interesting interview about the recent extreme snow events and a potential link with climate change...

"I think the "climategate" affair and the recent attacks on the IPCC and the head of the IPCC have been very effective in making the general public mistrust climate scientists and the science they do. What I like to call the "Manufactured Doubt Industry" is extremely powerful, experienced, media savvy and well funded, and a bunch of disorganized scientists bent mainly on pursuing the truth really can't compete".

interesting stuff
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/2010/02/as_is_often_the_case.html#more
zorra

walkonby

« Reply #229 on: February 14, 2010, 08:08:14 pm »
a very interesting interview about the recent extreme snow events and a potential link with climate change...

"I think the "climategate" affair and the recent attacks on the IPCC and the head of the IPCC have been very effective in making the general public mistrust climate scientists and the science they do. What I like to call the "Manufactured Doubt Industry" is extremely powerful, experienced, media savvy and well funded, and a bunch of disorganized scientists bent mainly on pursuing the truth really can't compete".

interesting stuff
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/capitalweathergang/2010/02/as_is_often_the_case.html#more

i believe it is a disease . . . called foxnewsinitis.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #230 on: February 14, 2010, 08:29:21 pm »
What I like to call the "Manufactured Doubt Industry" is extremely powerful, experienced, media savvy and well funded

good link.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #231 on: February 14, 2010, 09:08:20 pm »
I was pleased to see him reference Chris Mooney because while I was reading that, it sounded like it was right out of his book (which it was).  Chris's first book "The Republican War on Science" was excellent and I had forgotten about "Unscientific America" after I read the first chapter in a bookstore last fall.  Good reminder to pick it up and finish it.
27>34

betao

« Reply #233 on: December 16, 2010, 12:42:46 pm »
Snowing again here in Richmond. already have a couple inches so far, and I'm stuck studying for an exam I have at 1pm.

playlist:

Red Lorry Yellow Lorry - Talk About The Weather

wml7

« Reply #234 on: December 16, 2010, 01:03:47 pm »
snowing here in Cville.  Roads are already pretty slick out there.  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #235 on: December 16, 2010, 01:06:06 pm »
i love how how a dusting of snow turns this region into a declared disaster zone.  stock up on canned good and bottled water... while you still can.  whatever you do, don't drive faster than 12 mph.

black sabbath - snowblind
killing joke - whiteout
</irony>
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #236 on: December 16, 2010, 01:35:25 pm »
Snowing on the beach.

Soft As Snow (But Warm Inside) - My Bloody Valentine

ggw

« Reply #237 on: December 16, 2010, 02:13:37 pm »
I love how a dusting of snow brings out the hackneyed comments about how people in DC can't handle a dusting of snow.

wml7

« Reply #238 on: December 16, 2010, 02:47:43 pm »
about two inches of snow out there now and a thousand car accidents .  Everyone and there speedy four wheel drives  ;D

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #239 on: December 16, 2010, 03:33:01 pm »
First off, the roads are horrendous. I don't understand how there's maybe 2 inches of snow on the ground and people are sliding everywhere. We're leaving work early though, my manager has a Suburban and she was all over the road.

Snow!
‼‼?‼‼