Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367282 times)

vansmack

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #1770 on: January 16, 2009, 02:37:43 pm »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=609950&sec=europe&cc=5901
nooooooooo

I know - I saw that.  I couldn't wait to pick them in the Streak for the Cash.  Now I think I'll pass.

Total bummer.

I also hear the Kaka deal is done.  Amazing if true.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1771 on: January 17, 2009, 09:30:45 pm »
Okay people, nothing to see here, move along. now please...the premiership race is over as of today so you can all go home...!!!

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #1772 on: January 17, 2009, 09:35:08 pm »
  I thought the talk of Scolari was premature, but now I'm starting to agree. 

Please - before this season even started....... remind me again who said Dr. Phil wasn't going to do anything with Chelski...like he didn't do anything with Portugal. My mum would've won a world cup medal as manager of Brasil so that's nothing great on his resume.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1773 on: January 19, 2009, 02:19:26 pm »
seems as though mike decided to bless us with his services for the rest of the season...and promptly stop scoring. thanks for that mike

pen was dodgy, but the team absolutely quit afterwards. toon are shocking, and the only think that can stave off relegation is how shocking the whole second half of the table is
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1774 on: January 20, 2009, 03:23:36 pm »
CARLING CUP SEMIS -Second Leg

Tuesday, January 20

2:55pm Man Utd vs Derby (Set)

Wednesday, January 21

2:40pm Burnley vs Tottenham (Set)

27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1775 on: January 20, 2009, 03:58:44 pm »
i took the under for man u/derby in the streak

o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1776 on: January 20, 2009, 04:01:20 pm »
i took the under for man u/derby in the streak

Me too.  Then I saw the back four of Rafeal, O'Shea, Neville and Evans.  How can Derby not score with that back four?  That means United will have to score 3 to move on...ugh.  Here's to hoping they pitch a shutout.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #1777 on: January 20, 2009, 06:31:45 pm »
I knew Derby would score.  Dammit - I wish I had checked the lineup in time.  Oh well, my streak was only at 1 anyway.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1778 on: January 20, 2009, 06:35:36 pm »
3 losses in a row. though i had it last night with kobe outscoring poor lil brony bron too  :-[
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1779 on: January 21, 2009, 01:21:45 pm »
AIG ending sponsorship of Manchester United

Thankfully.  I can't tell you how much shit I get for wearing the AIG logo on nearly everything I own.  It used to be good before the financial collapse - everybody wanted to work for them, but since the collapse, I take nothing but shit (and it has nothing to do with soccer).  Don't folks realize what a sponsor is?  Of course not - they would have to take the time to understand AIG's roll in the crisis rather than just listening to the news about how bad AIG is without bothering to find out why or how...

27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1780 on: January 21, 2009, 02:08:04 pm »
yeah, northern rock isnt too popular a company in england either. all of my toon shirts are vintage, and have the broon ale logo

speaking of shirts, do you get players on the back? if so, who do you have
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1781 on: January 21, 2009, 02:32:23 pm »
speaking of shirts, do you get players on the back? if so, who do you have

I have a huge collection of soccer jerseys, mostly international.  The majority of my United kits have players on the back (I have the red 58 throwback with Rooney, an early 2000's Champs League Blue kit with Beckham on it and a red Solksjaer kit from 1999).  I have the black kit from a few years ago with no name on it and a white kit from years ago with no name on it.  I'm tempted to get this years white kit with Giggs on it if he does hang them up this year, but haven't decided.

I have both a blue and a white Tottenham kit with Keane on them that I have not worn since he transferred to Liverpool.  Kasey Keller tried to autograph the white one when Spurs were in DC in 2002/3 but I denied him.  His face was priceless.

I also have an old QPR kit (no name), a Wolves kit (no name), a Chelsea kit from the mid-nineties and an old California Surf jersey that doesn't even come close to fitting me.  I also purchased a game worn DC United jersey at an auction before I left DC.

My international kits are thus (off the top of my head):

Ghana 2006 (no name)
Belgium 2004 with Kompany
Holland 2004 with Van Nistelrooy
About 5 England kits, mostly with no name, but a long sleeve white kit with Beckham on it.
3-4 Ireland kits from various years with no name on them.
Peru 2006
Costa Rica 2004

That's all I can remember right now, but I'm sure I've forgotten about a half dozen (without having to tell you, Smackette is not happy about my constantly growing collection of sports jerseys).  The majority of my AIG problems, however, come from all the sweatshirts/training gear/jackets that I own that have the logo on them.

27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1782 on: January 21, 2009, 02:40:31 pm »
awesome. i have a shearer away jersey and a blank home one. i also have an ireland training jersey that my mom got me in dublin a few years back. during my trip i was searching for a cork city shirt but couldnt find one. i was actually thinking of getting a jonas argentina or oba nigeria shirt, but have not as yet. i have a bunch of jerseys from other sports too, which thrills my wife. luckily my mom just buys me a bunch of steelers gear every christmas and birthday so at least i'm not spending my own money
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #1783 on: January 21, 2009, 03:13:59 pm »
That's funny.  Smackette has a Cork City shirt from some old boyfriend of hers - it's pretty bitchen. 

I purchase/trade for most of my kits, but the rest of the attire is stuff folks get me as gifts.  You pretty much can't go wrong with Man U/Angels/Ducks/Steelers gear for me.

For Christmas this year I got a Sexy Rexy Grossman jersey that is INCREDIBLE.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #1784 on: January 21, 2009, 03:38:24 pm »
heh, i was all ready to finally bite the bullet and get a fully official martins shirt after the summer window closed, then everything fell apart
o/\o