Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367094 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #2310 on: August 05, 2009, 12:54:43 pm »
like i said, greedily hoping its fulham
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #2311 on: August 05, 2009, 12:59:08 pm »
Alonso to Madrid - 30 bills

Tevez may miss start of season (karma's a bitch)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/04/manchester-city-carlos-tevez-injured-in-shower

Just like being back at Old Trafford then......BENCH WARMER!!!!!

I just want to know when is Wenger going to start buying a new Arse'nil seeing as he's pretty much sold the old one.

Ridiculous. Tevez is a proven winner with multiple teams. If Tevez had started against Barcelona I wouldn't bet against ManU having won. His teams - prior to that final- had never lost a final and I'm not sure its a coincidence. The guy has won it all and lets not even talk about him singlehandedly saving WestHam from relegation. To measure Tevez merely on goals scored is innane. He brings a lot more to a team than goals. I don't believe he left over money. HE left over the lack of respect he was shown at ManU. I would agree that he may be on the downslope of his career but way further up the hill than Owen!!!!!

Boca Juniors
Copa Sudamericana: 2004
Intercontinental Cup: 2003
Primera División Apertura: 2003?04
Copa Libertadores: 2003
Corinthians
Campeonato Brasileiro Série A: 2005
Manchester United
Premier League: 2007?08, 2008?09
FA Community Shield: 2008
UEFA Champions League: 2007?08
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008
Football League Cup: 2008?09

[edit] International
2004 Summer Olympics: Gold medal
South American U-20 Championship: 2003

[edit] Individual
Copa Libertadores Most Valuable Player: 2003
Silver Olimpia (Argentine Footballer of the Year): 2003, 2004
Golden Olimpia (Argentine Sportsperson of the Year): 2004
Olympic Golden Boot: 2004
CBF Campeonato Brasileiro Best Player: 2005
Placar Bola de Ouro: 2005
South American Footballer of the Year: 2003, 2004, 2005
Hammer of the Year: 2007

brennser

« Reply #2312 on: August 05, 2009, 01:24:16 pm »
Ok, Mrs Tevez  ;)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2313 on: August 05, 2009, 01:28:20 pm »
dont take mankie/frank too seriously. he hated on mike owen last year
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2314 on: August 05, 2009, 01:37:50 pm »
its hull :(
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #2315 on: August 05, 2009, 02:12:13 pm »
Ok, Mrs Tevez  ;)

Too much? :)

well he has won pretty much everything.. if winning trophies is a measure of a player's success then Tevez is number one in the world.

THere is no other player currently playing who has won everything he has won.... (I'm talking at a club level for his glaring deficiency is the World Cup)...

Who else has won something comparable to:

ARgentine league, Libertadores, Intercontinental, Brazilian league (I think this was his biggest achievement becaues its very rare for an Argentine player to do well in Brazil), English league, Champions league

Like I said though he may be on the downslope... this year will be very telling..he's not off to a good start.. If I was Maradona I'm not sure I'd have him on the national side..

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2316 on: August 05, 2009, 02:32:55 pm »
if i was maradona, im not sure id have myself as manager
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #2317 on: August 05, 2009, 10:27:31 pm »
Hey Hutch, you should change your user name to Bitch, as in Tevez's Bitch!

Why all the love for such a better than average player? What you seem to forget is at all his teams other than Old Trafford he was probably the best player, at OT he just became a squad player because of the pool of talent available, and his ego couldn't take it. It has nothing to do with respect but more to do with him being a typical south americans whiney arsed prima donna cry baby. He deserves all the silverware he won't be winning at middle eastlands.

If I was maradonna I wouldn't have scored a goal with my hand.

brennser

« Reply #2318 on: August 06, 2009, 08:11:36 am »
anyhoo....

so the Guardian has predicted Liverpool will win the title this year....seems odd to me....then again their predictions for the last 4 years have now been Liverpool, Chelsea, Chelsea, Liverpool.....

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2319 on: August 06, 2009, 09:07:33 am »
the english press are insane
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #2320 on: August 06, 2009, 09:36:00 am »
Hey Hutch, you should change your user name to Bitch, as in Tevez's Bitch!

Why all the love for such a better than average player? What you seem to forget is at all his teams other than Old Trafford he was probably the best player, at OT he just became a squad player because of the pool of talent available, and his ego couldn't take it. It has nothing to do with respect but more to do with him being a typical south americans whiney arsed prima donna cry baby. He deserves all the silverware he won't be winning at middle eastlands.

If I was maradonna I wouldn't have scored a goal with my hand.

but would you have ran through seven England players and scored the nail in the coffin 2-0?

England fans always seem to focus on the first goal but forget the second...or the entire rest of the match! I guess its just too painful.  Watch the game over again and its pretty clear that the only time England did any attacking was when Argentina let it (when it was up 2-0)... ANd if anyone deserves blame for that first goal its the referee.

Talk about whiney arsed! STill obsessed with the hand of god goal more than 20 years later!

Somehow I think its England's footballing mediocrity more than any "hand of god" that has kept it from winning a World Cup in over 40 years...Maybe when you host again you'll have a chance. 1986 was Argentina's World Cup no ifs ands or buts.... the only times any teams did any damage- with the one exception of Uruguay (sort of like playing itself for Argentina)- was when Argentina let them (when up against Germany 2-0, England 2-0, etc.).

Tevez' record speaks for itself: championship after championship. Ferguson's choice to play Park over Tevez was his choice. I don't know many managers who would have done the same and the bottom line is with Park and over the hill Giggs (he hardly touched the ball the entire match!) in the starting lineup against Barcelona ManU got spanked by.. yes... another "ugly Argie"......

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:46:52 am by hutch »

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2321 on: August 06, 2009, 09:42:46 am »
changing the subject, do you man u guys think fergie is done spending for the summer?
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #2322 on: August 06, 2009, 12:02:19 pm »
The biggest problem with Tevez, and what really kept him from resigning with United, is his unhealthy relationship with Kia Joorabchian.  Have you ever wondered why he's played for so many teams in his short career? As great as you think he is Hutch, I agree with SAF and David Gill that Tevez was not worth the money they were asking, especially not with the contractual ties to his agent "owning" his rights.  I agree with others here - he will regret moving to City.

In regards to your inquiry, shoeshine, I think they are done spending this summer, but maybe there's a January move in the pipeline if this season doesn't start like they want it to.

Lastly, and this one's for you, my friend Barcelona...A good friend and drinking buddy of mine is head of Parks here in SF.  He called me this morning to invite me to Barca's practice tomorrow here in SF.  His last question was...

"You have a pair of cleats, right?" 
"Of course," I replied.
"OK - I'll get back to you."

I haven't stopped smiling yet.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #2323 on: August 06, 2009, 12:18:51 pm »
The biggest problem with Tevez, and what really kept him from resigning with United, is his unhealthy relationship with Kia Joorabchian.  Have you ever wondered why he's played for so many teams in his short career? As great as you think he is Hutch, I agree with SAF and David Gill that Tevez was not worth the money they were asking, especially not with the contractual ties to his agent "owning" his rights.  I agree with others here - he will regret moving to City.
right man u paying (say) corinithians or wet spam £25m would be ok, but paying some dude that much is weird and would not sit well with a top team like man u. i disagree that he'll regret it, though. if for no other reason than he's out from under that terrible relationship, and really shitty were the only team with the scratch and desperation to go down that road

as far as man u go, i'd be a little concerned if i was a fan. the squad seems a little injury prone and less deep than in past seasons. for you fans sake i hope i'm wrong though. luckily i refuse to root for any team that you-know-who plays for...
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #2324 on: August 06, 2009, 12:22:53 pm »
The biggest problem with Tevez, and what really kept him from resigning with United, is his unhealthy relationship with Kia Joorabchian.  As great as you think he is Hutch, I agree with SAF and David Gill that Tevez was not worth the money they were asking, especially not with the contractual ties to his agent "owning" his rights.  I agree with others here - he will regret moving to City.

I agree about the problem of his relationship with Kia although I think people don't realize that for South American soccer players its become more common to have your "pass" or "rights" owned by an "agent" or whatever instead of a club so get used to it!...The clubs down there are all bankrupt cesspools of corruption and these "agents" or gamblers/goldiggers (these are never model citizens!) basically invest in young players place them in the bigger local clubs and then move them along to Europe...The problem has a lot to do with the slave labour system of international soccer.. there is no free agency.. Eduardo Galeano has written a great book covering a lot of this by the way although I'm not sure its been translated to english..

I think it remains to be seen what happens with Tevez at CIty... keep in mind when he left Boca to go to COrinthians everyone said it was a huge mistake ("An argentine can never make it in Brazil") and a few months later -after a tough start- the President of Brazil Lula was asking to meet with him and have his picture taken with him! Then when he went to WestHam everyone said it was a disaster but he singlehandedly saved the team from relegation.. And Tevez doesn't miss penalty kicks in a Champions League final.

If anyone can make it happen at City its Tevez.. on other hand- as I wrote earlier- he may be on the downslope of his career.. not sure he has enough left in the tank..

I honestly find it hard to understand why ManU people would hate on Tevez because anyone who watched him play saw firsthand his desire and the fact that he left it all on the pitch.

The more interesting question for me is who is telling the truth here? Ferguson or Tevez? I have admired both of them but one of them is a downright liar. Based on the facts available to me I really find it hard to believe its Tevez...

Hopefully its ok to post this here on a thread about soccer...