Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367224 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3270 on: March 18, 2011, 11:59:30 am »
Joe Jordon got a 1 game suspension by UEFA for getting head butted by Gattuso!

UEFA has gone stark raving fucking mad I tell ya!!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3271 on: March 18, 2011, 12:28:29 pm »
Joe Jordon got a 1 game suspension by UEFA for getting head butted by Gattuso!

so gattuso did learn something from zidane...
<sig>

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3272 on: March 18, 2011, 02:45:30 pm »
joe jordan has no place yelling at opposing players. i'm with uefa here
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3273 on: March 18, 2011, 02:54:33 pm »
joe jordan has no place yelling at opposing players. i'm with uefa here

A Joe Jordon yell is probably more painful than a kick in the nuts from many others so you have a point.

vansmack

27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3275 on: March 21, 2011, 11:09:58 am »
bad for stuart holden

usmnt cant have nice things
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3276 on: March 21, 2011, 11:28:29 am »
....and Toon!  :o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3277 on: March 21, 2011, 11:54:18 am »
heh

knew it was going to be awful once i saw the starting line up. vomitted once i realized it was 3-5-2 and was over it after the second goal

for whatever reason every match against stoke since they came up has been shocking
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3278 on: March 21, 2011, 12:18:33 pm »
The relegation battle is as exciting as the one at the other end...if not more so. There's at least 10 teams who can still go down really.

Johnny Evans - red card?...discuss;
I think no gashed knee - no red, and either player could've got injured in the challenge. very unfortunate as there was no intent but studs definately up. So probably the correct call.

Penalty?...discuss;
I don't hear the Man Utd haters making jokes about refs on the payroll now. That is probably the most definate stonewall penalty that's not been given all season. It was for United at OT too!!!!  Deliberate? Debatable. Arm in a natural position? absofuckinlutely not! No other decision than a penalty.

I didn't even watch Chelski v Shitty...two boring teams with Italian managers so I figured I can watch Serie A anytime really. Probably a good result for United but I was hoping they'd both lose.  :-\

vansmack

« Reply #3279 on: March 21, 2011, 05:07:18 pm »
Johnny Evans - red card?...discuss;
I think no gashed knee - no red, and either player could've got injured in the challenge. very unfortunate as there was no intent but studs definately up. So probably the correct call.

It was the correct call, but it was nowhere near as bad as Carragher's tackle on Nani.  Jonny was bit unlucky as the ball helped raise his studs, but unlike Carragher, he at least got the ball.  I would like a little more consistency in the officiating - both should have seen red in my eyes.

Penalty?...discuss;
I don't hear the Man Utd haters making jokes about refs on the payroll now. That is probably the most definate stonewall penalty that's not been given all season. It was for United at OT too!!!!  Deliberate? Debatable. Arm in a natural position? absofuckinlutely not! No other decision than a penalty.

Agreed.  Even the announcers were defending it, but that ball was heading for the net and his raised arm deflected it away from the net.  We're not talking about an arm on the side of a body here - that was clearly a raised arm.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #3280 on: March 22, 2011, 02:43:11 am »
who are the man u haters?  ::)

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3281 on: March 22, 2011, 11:08:13 am »
who are the man u haters?  ::)

They know who they are, and the  jealousy is just eating them up.

"Don't hate us just because we're better than you"

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3282 on: March 24, 2011, 12:24:05 pm »
Scumbag Terry reinstated as England captain...discuss;

Personally I don't give a rats how or what the England team does until the Italian idiot is gone. that was the last straw for me. I'm starting a one man campaign to get 'Arry Rednap' as the new gaffer. Political correctness caused England to miss out on probably the best candidate ever as England manager years ago. (Brian Clough) and it's been a disaster ever since.

How can you take away the armband, 'permanently' as he said himself, only to reinstate him a year later, then hope to retain some kind of credibility? The fact the team are saying there's no divide in the camp means there is a huge divide within the England camp.

I was hoping Wales would beat us on Saturday to expedite Capellos departure but Bale is out so that is very unlikely I'm afraid.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3283 on: March 24, 2011, 12:49:26 pm »
no idea where fabio comes up with these squad decisions. how does a side with so many disappointing campaigns in a row have so few good players under 30
o/\o

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3284 on: March 24, 2011, 01:19:13 pm »
So you have the English game which is old school attack attack attack and hire a manager from the country who's style is defend defend defend and wonder why the shit don't work?

HELLOOOOO?????