Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367279 times)

Frank Gallagher

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #3840 on: August 15, 2012, 04:18:55 pm »
As much as I like RVP and welcome him, I think a center back or holding center mid would have been a better purchase.

My thoughts exactly Smackie....Fergie must be collecting world class strikers like a kid collects bobble-heads.

Unless, there's more to the story and Rooney is on the way out to China, Moscow or whatever, for some ungodly amount of money.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #3841 on: August 15, 2012, 04:19:37 pm »
I say this because this morning I've foregone my second monitor at work and added a 24inch LED attached to a nettop instead.

Let the season begin.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/coworker-with-two-computer-screens-not-fucking-aro,29151/
(o|o)

vansmack

« Reply #3842 on: August 15, 2012, 05:58:57 pm »
My thoughts exactly Smackie....Fergie must be collecting world class strikers like a kid collects bobble-heads.

Unless, there's more to the story and Rooney is on the way out to China, Moscow or whatever, for some ungodly amount of money.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.  At least he's a natural leftie so we can run him out there with Rooney, but I'm not sure where that goes.  It's clear that SAF watched the lack of creativity when watching the films this off season with his Kegawa and RVP signings, and I appreciate the quality in the depth of the squad, but there were a couple of holes to be plugged.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3843 on: August 16, 2012, 07:31:10 am »

I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.  At least he's a natural leftie so we can run him out there with Rooney, but I'm not sure where that goes.  It's clear that SAF watched the lack of creativity when watching the films this off season with his Kegawa and RVP signings, and I appreciate the quality in the depth of the squad, but there were a couple of holes to be plugged.

Rumor has it Chicarrito is going to Arsenal....That would make sense. Not that I'm happy he's going but you have to put your faith in SAF. He's hardly ever wrong.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3844 on: August 17, 2012, 12:51:27 pm »
The new strike partnership of Rooneyand Van Persie will be known as....wait....you know it.....

FATMAN AND ROBIN!!!

;D

vansmack

« Reply #3845 on: August 17, 2012, 06:11:07 pm »
Rumor has it Chicarrito is going to Arsenal....That would make sense. Not that I'm happy he's going but you have to put your faith in SAF. He's hardly ever wrong.

I think he goes to Italy or Spain, but we'll see.  I'm a little sad as I love the kid, but he is a bit fragile and can't seem to stay onsides.  I've been fearing this for a while.

And no, I'm not renaming my dog.  At this point.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3846 on: August 20, 2012, 02:08:53 pm »
Turns out Van Persie is a good looking dude.  Who'd have thought that clothes really do make the man.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3847 on: August 20, 2012, 08:02:56 pm »
robin van pretty
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #3848 on: August 20, 2012, 10:46:10 pm »
when the fuck is verizon going to add the BEin channel?

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3849 on: August 21, 2012, 06:23:15 am »
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3850 on: August 21, 2012, 06:31:27 am »
when the fuck is verizon going to add the BEin channel?

sounds like beIN is going to have to splash some serious cash to add more providers or buy goltv

i watched it some this weekend, much better than goltv
o/\o

vansmack

« Reply #3851 on: August 21, 2012, 02:00:46 pm »
Unsurprisingly, United looked as uncreative as last season, though I was very impressed with Kagawa.  Given the back four, I'm not at all surprised by the result.

On the bright side, SAF didn't assault the linesman so we can still claim the moral high ground.  For now.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #3852 on: August 21, 2012, 02:10:10 pm »
sounds like beIN is going to have to splash some serious cash to add more providers or buy goltv

I would call Comcast and ask, but I would have to explain to them what it is.  Given that they still don't understand that FSC+ is not FSC, I'm not even going to bother.
27>34

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #3853 on: August 21, 2012, 04:40:15 pm »
Unsurprisingly, United looked as uncreative as last season, though I was very impressed with Kagawa.  Given the back four, I'm not at all surprised by the result.

On the bright side, SAF didn't assault the linesman so we can still claim the moral high ground.  For now.

Exciting game though. I thought United had plenty of possession but didn't do anything with it. Nani was atrocious. Considering we had a patched up back line I thought they did a decent job.

The Rooney/RVP partnership will take a few games to click. I would've pulled Nani and put RVP in and kept Wellbeck on.

I was a bit bemused with United's tikka takka nonesense. What was up with that?

All in all, Everton were worthy of all 3 points. When they sat back after going a goal up I thought....that's the last thing you do with United, then they started playing 'keep away' instead of 'score a fucking goal'

hutch

« Reply #3854 on: August 21, 2012, 05:13:19 pm »

I would call Comcast and ask, but I would have to explain to them what it is.  Given that they still don't understand that FSC+ is not FSC, I'm not even going to bother.

I'll eventually call Verizon.. this blows.. without the European games GOL TV has been gutted...the whole point of getting the darn sports package was to watch Barcelona play.