Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367214 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #4005 on: June 11, 2014, 03:41:46 pm »
FIFA is a mafia.

i like john oliver's comparison better:

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO): FIFA and the World Cup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlJEt2KU33I

watch it to the end... spot on.
<sig>

« Reply #4006 on: June 12, 2014, 02:58:46 pm »
slack

hutch

« Reply #4007 on: June 13, 2014, 12:58:45 pm »
fuckin refs... embarassing..they need to subcontract the refereeing to the Premier League or something...or Champions League or something...

atomic

« Reply #4008 on: June 13, 2014, 01:21:42 pm »
fuckin refs... embarassing..they need to subcontract the refereeing to the Premier League or something...or Champions League or something...

Having the premier league refs would go over well.  Why would you think having referees from one country would make it more fair? 

lagas

« Reply #4009 on: June 13, 2014, 01:57:50 pm »
I agree, awful referee. Brazil might have won the game regardless but that mistake left an awful aftertaste to that game.

Premier League referees let players play a more physical style of football, which makes games very attractive. In yesterday's case Fred sold it and the referee bought it face value. What would prevent a referee to fall for it?

Anyways, good Mexico win, can't wait for Chile-Australia.
zorra

vansmack

« Reply #4010 on: June 13, 2014, 03:55:25 pm »
Ooooohhhhhh Robin Van Persie!!!!!!!
27>34

lagas

« Reply #4011 on: June 13, 2014, 08:35:13 pm »
such a tough win. australia was harder to beat than i thought it would be, but we prevailed, vidal's knee held well and i'll take the 3 points knowing there's space to improve. a tale of two halves as always, but good over all.

also, such a delight to see holland destroy spain, and that first van persie goal was a beauty.

spain will try to make an statement against us, but last time we played they tied us in injury time. god i love the world cup.
zorra

atomic

« Reply #4012 on: June 14, 2014, 08:40:05 pm »
such a tough win. australia was harder to beat than i thought it would be, but we prevailed, vidal's knee held well and i'll take the 3 points knowing there's space to improve. a tale of two halves as always, but good over all.

also, such a delight to see holland destroy spain, and that first van persie goal was a beauty.

spain will try to make an statement against us, but last time we played they tied us in injury time. god i love the world cup.

I have no idea who you mean by "us".

The Italian / England game was pretty good.  Glad Italy won.  British soccer is so overrated.

i am gay and i like cats

vansmack

« Reply #4014 on: June 15, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »

This may shock you, might even scare you a lot for absolutely no reason, but not everybody on this board was born in America.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #4015 on: June 15, 2014, 09:13:03 pm »

I think they were exposed for their age, slow back four and that Casillas is past his prime.  With De Gea now out, I think they're in worse shape than most people think.
27>34

atomic

« Reply #4016 on: June 15, 2014, 11:25:32 pm »

This may shock you, might even scare you a lot for absolutely no reason, but not everybody on this board was born in America.

Why would that scare me.  But saying"us". When you are t on the team and it isn't the United States it might be helpful to state what fucking country you are talking about,  he might be from Iran, Korea, or Costa Rica but I have no fucking way of knowing. 

Final minute of Switzerland game was pretty exciting.  French game was boring.  Are their anyone that is actually French on their team,

lagas

« Reply #4017 on: June 16, 2014, 07:48:06 am »

Why would that scare me.  But saying"us". When you are t on the team and it isn't the United States it might be helpful to state what fucking country you are talking about,  he might be from Iran, Korea, or Costa Rica but I have no fucking way of knowing. 

Final minute of Switzerland game was pretty exciting.  French game was boring.  Are their anyone that is actually French on their team,

Chile - Pinochet's country, if the reference helps  ;)
zorra

James Ford

« Reply #4018 on: June 16, 2014, 08:07:00 am »
+1

James Ford

« Reply #4019 on: June 16, 2014, 08:08:00 am »
I think we can all agree that watching the Spurs stomp the Heat last night was more exciting than a weeks worth of soccer!