Author Topic: On the Eve of the new Season...  (Read 1367094 times)

hutch

Re: On the Eve of the new Season...
« Reply #4170 on: June 30, 2014, 09:54:26 pm »
Ok next time Hutch makes one of his numerous racist posts he gets.reported.

Anyway we.won!  Next victim France.

I have never made any racist post Atomic but that is quite an accusation...I assume you don't want me to report it?... and as I recall you're the one who was banned from another board and so it will probably be here soon enough..

anyways i came on here to post this as it struck me as odd:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jurgen-klinsmann-makes-questionable-call-on-algerian-referee-before-belgium-u-s--showdown-213904438.html
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:57:27 pm by hutch »

atomic

« Reply #4171 on: June 30, 2014, 10:04:04 pm »

I have never made any racist post Atomic but that is quite an accusation...I assume you don't want me to report it?... and as I recall you're the one who was banned from anmother board and so it will probably be here soon enough..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jurgen-klinsmann-makes-questionable-call-on-algerian-referee-before-belgium-u-s--showdown-213904438.html

You are always posting your racist Hispanic.stuff.  How you guys are going to take over the country.  And talk about how venues don't have enough black artist our hispanic artists.  Your Lincoln theater racist posts are ridiculous. 

James Ford

« Reply #4172 on: June 30, 2014, 10:11:10 pm »
It's actually the Muslims (not the Hispanics) who are looking to take over in America, just like they are taking over in Europe.  ;)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #4173 on: June 30, 2014, 10:11:41 pm »
I've been on here for a significantly longer time than you, atomic, and over that time I can think of numerous interactions I've had with hutch, a great many I disagreed with him on. That said, I had absolutely no idea he was Hispanic before you started harping on it. He can't possibly be mentioning/alluding-to it with too high of a frequency. And I have no doubt he has not mentioned it as many times in his several years on here as you've mentioned your German ancestry in the last month.

That said, I famously didn't know a female boardie was female for a solid four years once.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:17:54 pm by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

« Reply #4174 on: June 30, 2014, 10:12:27 pm »
It's actually the Muslims (not the Hispanics) who are looking to take over in America, just like they are taking over in Europe.  ;)
/REPORTED

jk
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #4175 on: June 30, 2014, 10:20:15 pm »

I have never made any racist post Atomic but that is quite an accusation...I assume you don't want me to report it?... and as I recall you're the one who was banned from another board and so it will probably be here soon enough..

Ramblings of an insane man.  Only half of Belgium speaks French anyway.  The other half speaks Dutch with a small section of Gemans thrown in for good measure.

atomic

« Reply #4176 on: June 30, 2014, 10:21:44 pm »
I've been on here for a significantly longer time than you, atomic, and over that time I can think of numerous interactions I've had with hutch, a great many I disagreed with him on. That said, I had absolutely no idea he was Hispanic before you started harping on it. He can't possibly be mentioning/alluding-to it with too high of a frequency. And I have no doubt he has not mentioned it as many times in his several years on here as you've mentioned your German ancestry in the last month.

That said, I famously didn't know a female boardie was female for a solid four years once.

You must not read his posts. 

hutch

« Reply #4177 on: June 30, 2014, 10:32:23 pm »
I've written about hispanics but I dont' know that I have ever referred to myself as a "hispanic" for the simple reason that I am white with ancestry from italy/lithuania/poland.... I may have, when Atomic started trolling me, written about how hispanics where growing at a really fast rate in the US ensuring that soccer would become more and more popular... and yes I tend to identify with hispanics somewhat because according to the US census definition I am a white hispanic...It doesn't make sense to me but its the way that it is...

As far as my posts about how venues should try to feature acts representative of the various communities in their town; that they should serve their community... I hardly think that is "racism".... 

I'm done with this ridiculousness but I have to say its kind of a drag Atomic....

« Reply #4178 on: June 30, 2014, 10:52:01 pm »
Trollers...gonna troll.   
slack

lagas

« Reply #4179 on: July 01, 2014, 08:01:12 am »
I saw an interesting article about how Hispanics see themselves culturally after spending some time in the U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/22/upshot/more-hispanics-declaring-themselves-white.html?_r=0

Anyways, back to fútbol, France v Germany looks promising, although both teams are not playing particularly well, IMO. Great quarterfinals on that side of the bracket.

Pinilla got a tattoo with his post hitting against Brazil, along the words 'one centimeter from glory', don't know what to think about it, really.

https://twitter.com/christianpino/status/483783449355235328/photo/1
zorra

betao

« Reply #4180 on: July 01, 2014, 08:12:24 pm »
Man, if only we would've played like that all game, and not just the last 14 minutes. Damn.

hutch

« Reply #4181 on: July 01, 2014, 08:35:30 pm »
I'm ticked off.

« Reply #4182 on: July 02, 2014, 10:14:46 am »
yes the core bud lite drinking white men don't watch a lot of soccer here
but 10-15 million people will probably watch World Cup games in the US

that's not nothing

Ok so my numbers were a little low
streaming espn
ESPN's live streams have logged 30 million viewing hours during the 2014 World Cup, enough to make the tournament the most-streamed live sporting event in the United States ever.

A record 25 million viewers tuned into watch the US take on Portugal
slack

« Reply #4183 on: July 02, 2014, 10:41:08 am »
ESPN's live streams have logged 30 million viewing hours during the 2014 World Cup, enough to make the tournament the most-streamed live sporting event in the United States ever.
This is 100% because it's the only "major" sporting event in the last decade to take place during traditional work hours.
LVMH

vansmack

« Reply #4184 on: July 02, 2014, 12:04:22 pm »
This is 100% because it's the only "major" sporting event in the last decade to take place during traditional work hours.

[cough]March Madness[/cough]
27>34